What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Currently playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time via an emulator. Love the intense atmosphere and creepy soundtrack.

Have you played the third? After that they lost me.

Not yet. Plan on doing it soon.

Batman Arkham Knight. Awesome ending to a great series. Almost done...
  • Like 1

Still crusading in Crusader Kings II - 2275 hours. Right now, I'm playing as Zoroastrian (go Bavandid!) as I resurrect the Persian Empire. It's lots of fun, but the incest is kind of weird...I sure do have a lot of inbred kids... :eh:

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

It came out a couple years ago for the 3DS, and so far I am VERY impressed with it. Unreal, it might be one of my favorites already and I'm not even past the 2nd palace yet. They brought back the world from Link to the Past (SNES) and the 'do any dungeon in any order' that is one of the best parts of the NES original. The 2D painting / wall meld thing is really cool and very different than anything else I've seen.

The spit and polish on this thing is also one of the best I've seen for any video game, ever.

Super impressed thus far. The only way it'd be better would be if they made Link look like "Toon Link" from Windwaker / Spirit Tracks / Phantom Hourglass but that's a minor thing.

• Like 2

It came out a couple years ago for the 3DS, and so far I am VERY impressed with it. Unreal, it might be one of my favorites already and I'm not even past the 2nd palace yet. They brought back the world from Link to the Past (SNES) and the 'do any dungeon in any order' that is one of the best parts of the NES original. The 2D painting / wall meld thing is really cool and very different than anything else I've seen.

The spit and polish on this thing is also one of the best I've seen for any video game, ever.

Super impressed thus far. The only way it'd be better would be if they made Link look like "Toon Link" from Windwaker / Spirit Tracks / Phantom Hourglass but that's a minor thing.

It's one of my favorite games of all time, maybe #1. Glad to see you enjoy it.

• Like 2

I was playing this yesterday and there's a spot on a mountainside without the SNES-era "giveaway wall cracks, bomb here!!" and to my surprise it blew open a secret hole in the wall. I don't think they've done something like this since the very first NES Zelda have they? I know some of the other secrets in Adventure of Link (Zelda 2 for the NES) were pretty obscure too.

I was playing this yesterday and there's a spot on a mountainside without the SNES-era "giveaway wall cracks, bomb here!!" and to my surprise it blew open a secret hole in the wall. I don't think they've done something like this since the very first NES Zelda have they? I know some of the other secrets in Adventure of Link (Zelda 2 for the NES) were pretty obscure too.

In the handheld Zeldas they'll include this sort of thing sometimes. They may try and make a wall suspicious without obvious cracks. You should be able to listen for an audible *ting* when poking walls with your sword for a place to put bombs, making the discoveries not completely random. There was something like that in the GBA's Minish Cap as well :P Zelda 2 definitely takes the cake for most obscure secrets in my opinion.

• Like 2

In the handheld Zeldas they'll include this sort of thing sometimes. They may try and make a wall suspicious without obvious cracks. You should be able to listen for an audible *ting* when poking walls with your sword for a place to put bombs, making the discoveries not completely random. There was something like that in the GBA's Minish Cap as well :P Zelda 2 definitely takes the cake for most obscure secrets in my opinion.

Like that secret town you have to smash a tree down with the hammer in Eastern Hyrule for sure.

Or the note under the table.

Or the worst of all: Using the SPELL spell at the dead end and it does something different than it does in every other place in the whole game (turn enemies into bits / slimes)

Well, just grabbed the Master Sword after getting the 3 pendants and saw "LoRule" for the first time.

I tell ya, the rush of nostalga I got from swinging the sword and having the beams shoot out- it was the NES all over again :D

Oh and a great LOL moment when you meet "Princess Hilda", i.e. Dark Mirror Universe Zelda or whatever haha.

• Like 2

Picked up Soul Calibur 2 and Metroid Prime for GameCube a few days ago.

Prime is a great game, but I much prefer the 2d Metroids overall.

It's a very hard game too IIRC.

• Like 1