What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Just finished up Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and started Dragon Age: Inquisition. I can already tell this is gonna be one of those time suck games.

I would say Shadow of Mordor is definitely on the list. What did you think of it?

I enjoyed it, but I feel it's a bit overrated honestly. Starts off really good...nice level of challenge, good mix of the Arkham games and Assassin's Creed, but it got pretty repetitive for me after a while.

Edited by Stormtron

Currently playing: Homeworld: Remastered

Games still in progress:

The Witcher 2

Dragon Age Inquisition

Bioshock Infinite

Kerbal Space Program (beta v. 0.9-something)

Looking forward to:

The Witcher 3

Grim Fandango Remastered

Full release Kerbal Space Program

Opinion of HW:R: Game available on Steam, and includes Homeworld: Remastered, Homeworld 2: Remastered, Homeworld Classic, and Homeworld 2 Classic. Only playing the first game so far.

Homeworld has been ported into the HW2 engine, and suffers somewhat in the translation. Formations that are familiar to players of the classic version are broken. Salvage corvettes are limited to 14, and weapons fire went from actual physics to die-roll. HUD is different from HW:C, similar to HW2:C, but better. No more need to wait around at the end of a mission to gather resources, as they are now automatically gathered when you hyperspace out of the mission, but you *can* go the slow route if you wish. More resources per level, which is balanced by needing resources to research, as well as some higher costs for ships.

Graphics are fantastic, and support up to 4k resolutions (I'm playing at 1920x1080).

Music has been completely remastered, and they brought back the original voice actress for Karan S'Jet/Fleet Command and voice actor for Fleet Intelligence. Sadly, Cambell Lane died several years ago, and so the voice of the Bentusi is just remastered from his original dialogue recordings. Also, the Yes song (Homeworld) The Ladder is not included in the credits of the remastered edition as it was on the original game, due to licensing issues.

Story is the same - they haven't added or taken away from anything.

Gameplay is very similar to the original, aside from the caveats mentioned above. You can now issue orders while paused (pause button moved from the P-key to the Pause/Break key), and the new interface allows you to see the game playing while in the build/research/launch screen (or you can pause while doing those).

Some bugs have been reported ranging from minor stuff to CTDs. However, I have not experienced any bugs, aside from formations being borked - the formations buttons are there, and your fighters will go into claw formation when not fighting, but once a furball breaks out, formation discipline goes out the window. Sphere formation doesn't work at all.

Overall, I'd rate it an 8 out of 10 (my rating for the original is 9/10).

Edited by MaxxQ

Finished up Bioshock today (WOW!) and am almost done with Super Mario 3D World's main "story." Starting up Demon's Souls with my buddy Michael tomorrow as well as Infamous.

Transistor. It's a game made by the same people who made Bastion. The visuals are beautiful, the music is incredible, the world is fantastic and the combat is so so satisfying.

The function system allows for so many different play styles which are mostly if not all viable. I'm shocked that the game actually makes it such that there are both advantages and disadvantages to using the turn based vs realtime systems.

It's one of the best game I've played in a long time.

Just ordered a PS4! Can't wait for it to come! Already got Killzone Shadow Fall and I'm planning to get Infamous Second Son.

Also, I beat the campaign on Battlefield Hardline. The story is pretty interesting but overall the game was nothing more than decent. I prefer the main series.

Finished Resident Evil Revelations 2 yesterday and loved it.

Got my PS4 today and started on Killzone Shadow Fall. Ordered Infamous Second Son and The Last of Us Remastered.

Finished Resident Evil Revelations 2 yesterday and loved it.

Got my PS4 today and started on Killzone Shadow Fall. Ordered Infamous Second Son and The Last of Us Remastered.

How does RE Revelations 2 hold up compared to 4 and prior? I've heard it's the best since then and since I've never played the old ones, I figure it may be a good idea to play this one if it's better than the likes of 5.

Pokemon Battle Trozei, Pokemon Shuffle

Both very fun puzzle RPGs (both very similar at that), Trozei is 8 dollars while Shuffle is "free" - meaning you can play a few rounds for free and from there on you must either wait until more round credits regenerate, or you can pay indefinitely in order to continue playing. If they had just made the game 20-35 dollars I'd buy it full price just so I could play it, but since they're going for this "get the player addicted and we'll have them paying for ever" tactic that mobile games use they're not getting a dime. Really disappointing that Nintendo has taken this path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snSuj5vTdb4

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Pokemon Battle Trozei, Pokemon Shuffle

Both very fun puzzle RPGs (both very similar at that), Trozei is 8 dollars while Shuffle is "free" - meaning you can play a few rounds for free and from there on you must either wait until more round credits regenerate, or you can pay indefinitely in order to continue playing. If they had just made the game 20-35 dollars I'd buy it full price just so I could play it, but since they're going for this "get the player addicted and we'll have them paying for ever" tactic that mobile games use they're not getting a dime. Really disappointing that Nintendo has taken this path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snSuj5vTdb4

Have you heard they're starting to go into mobile games? I'm nervous they'll continue the pay-to-win thing in their future endeavors, but as long as I can still get console games and my Zelda fix, I'm fine.

@jefeltner11 (Sorry, can't quote your post because the forum's not letting me for some reason). I'd say that Revelations 2 is not as good as 4, but that's a classic game for me so I doubt any other RE game will live up to it. I haven't played anything before 4 either. I will say that the isolated island setting and the relatable characters make it a really strong game. It's definitely better than 5 and just a tad below 6. It's also really cool how the bonus chapters not only fill in the gaps in the main story but also introduce you to new gameplay styles. I definitely recommend you give it a try.

That said, I recommend even more that you try The Evil Within. It was created by Shinju Mikami, the original creator of Resident Evil, and it's far scarier than any recent title in the RE series.

• Like 1

@jefeltner11 (Sorry, can't quote your post because the forum's not letting me for some reason). I'd say that Revelations 2 is not as good as 4, but that's a classic game for me so I doubt any other RE game will live up to it. I haven't played anything before 4 either. I will say that the isolated island setting and the relatable characters make it a really strong game. It's definitely better than 5 and just a tad below 6. It's also really cool how the bonus chapters not only fill in the gaps in the main story but also introduce you to new gameplay styles. I definitely recommend you give it a try.

That said, I recommend even more that you try The Evil Within. It was created by Shinju Mikami, the original creator of Resident Evil, and it's far scarier than any recent title in the RE series.

You liked 6? That's an uncommon opinion from what I hear. My buddy Holden recommended The Evil Within to me as well, so I may realistically consider it now. I've been in the mood for a horror game for some time but by the time I man up and do it Silent Hills may already be out. :P Thanks for the input.

Edited by jefeltner11
  • Like 1

100%ed Infamous and am checking out Katamari Damacy. It's one of the first games in a while that I've decided to not make a competition and just enjoy. It's so satisfying to roll people up into your giant ball of death.
  • Like 1

Etrian Mystery Dungeon

A cool cross between the Mystery Dungeon series (Shiren / Pokemon / Torneko) and the Etrian Odyssey games.

But much more a mystery dungeon game with EO's visuals and skill sets for the characters.

It's really fun but much much less challenging than something like Shiren the Wanderer DS.

Lords Of Magic, an older mid-90's RPG turn based game. Some things have aged quite well, and some things have not. From what I understand though, when it was released, the graphics were at the tip top of their time.

The soundtrack in this game is excellent, and when in combat the soundtrack always changes every 4 bars or so depending on how the battle is going. Very cool.

Borderlands 2.

Haven't played it in ages but damn it's a hell of a fun game.

Still have my one level 49 Commando in TVHM but getting there I guess.

Was able to farm an Infinity pistol and Hellfire SMG the other day which was cool. Usually I don't farm for weapons in that game but I got sick of having my ass handed to me all the time lol.

Borderlands 2.

Was able to farm an Infinity pistol and Hellfire SMG the other day which was cool. Usually I don't farm for weapons in that game but I got sick of having my ass handed to me all the time lol.

I wish I had a tv and a computer to play games. Here in Goatnut we're lucky to have a radio to listen to the gospel programs

Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 is tons of fun, though my fondest memories are with the first one. My friend and I co-oped the entire game together and did all of the side missions. I played Roland while he played Brick. Throw down the turret, equip the Atlas combat rifle, and watch my friend charge in with berserk as we mow them down.

• Like 2

Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 is tons of fun, though my fondest memories are with the first one. My friend and I co-oped the entire game together and did all of the side missions. I played Roland while he played Brick. Throw down the turret, equip the Atlas combat rifle, and watch my friend charge in with berserk as we mow them down.

I had the best luck while playing last night. I was running story missions in TVHM and at the end of "The Once and Future Slab" w/ Slab King aka Brick I found my first legendary soldier class mod in that red chest next to his throne. Was completely blown away.. the chest spawned with that and 3 green class mods. Even if it was "only" level 45, it's still way better than what I had before which was some Lawful Evil Ranger mod I got from one of the Tina Tina DLC areas a long time ago.

I checked it out online and even though it's stats aren't that great, apparently the best way to get these is from farming Terramorphious or some other end game super impossible raid bosses I'll never beat solo. So to find it in a regular chest like this is probably akin to finding a Zod rune in Diablo 2 under the first pile of rocks outside of the Rogue Encampment :D

Now as far as raid bosses go, I HAVE killed Hyperious the Invincible and Pyro Pete a few times a couple of levels ago- but this was on regular non-TVHM and they were almost impossible still. I really want to get some seraph crystals to buy stuff at the shop in Torgue's badass crater zone but apparently you can only get them from killing raid bosses in TVHM or UVHM. Blah. Guess I'll keep levelin'!

• Like 1

Borderlands 2.

I had the best luck while playing last night. I was running story missions in TVHM and at the end of "The Once and Future Slab" w/ Slab King aka Brick I found my first legendary soldier class mod in that red chest next to his throne. Was completely blown away.. the chest spawned with that and 3 green class mods. Even if it was "only" level 45, it's still way better than what I had before which was some Lawful Evil Ranger mod I got from one of the Tina Tina DLC areas a long time ago.

I checked it out online and even though it's stats aren't that great, apparently the best way to get these is from farming Terramorphious or some other end game super impossible raid bosses I'll never beat solo. So to find it in a regular chest like this is probably akin to finding a Zod rune in Diablo 2 under the first pile of rocks outside of the Rogue Encampment :D

Now as far as raid bosses go, I HAVE killed Hyperious the Invincible and Pyro Pete a few times a couple of levels ago- but this was on regular non-TVHM and they were almost impossible still. I really want to get some seraph crystals to buy stuff at the shop in Torgue's badass crater zone but apparently you can only get them from killing raid bosses in TVHM or UVHM. Blah. Guess I'll keep levelin'!

I like Dig Dug

• Like 2