What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Dragon Age Inquisition on XB1 is seriously amazing. I've been playing it for at least 20 hours and I've barely scratched the surface. It might even top Skyrim as my favorite RPG.

Steam sale sucked some serious ass this winter. They did away with those awesome flash sales and the community picks were less frequent and were all terrible games. One was for budget software WTF

There was some good in it though. I'm currently playing:

Battleblock Theatre. Hilarious and VERY well designed. The guys who designed the game should be professors, because there is very little in terms of filler, for both story and the design of the gameplay itself.

Endless Legend. It's like Civilization only way cooler. The battles are more in depth and strategized and each race is very unique and changes the entire playstyle throughout the game.

Shovel Knight. AWESOME GAME. If you've played Rogue Legacy you'll love this. Great gameplay and an amazing soundtrack, much like Rogue Legacy.

Gauntlet. A very old dungeon crawling game rebooted for Steam. Tons of fun when playing with friends.

Minecraft still. Some buddies and I split the cost for a Realm server and it's a blast.

Warframe still.

Edited by BowlCity

Steam sale sucked some serious ass this winter. They did away with those awesome flash sales and the community picks were less frequent and were all terrible games. One was for budget software WTF

Battleblock Theatre. Hilarious and VERY well designed. The guys who designed the game should be professors, because there is very little in terms of filler, for both story and the design of the gameplay itself.

Endless Legend. It's like Civilization only way cooler. The battles are more in depth and strategized and each race is very unique and changes the entire playstyle throughout the game.

Shovel Knight. AWESOME GAME. If you've played Rogue Legacy you'll love this. Great gameplay and an amazing soundtrack, much like Rogue Legacy.

Gauntlet. A very old dungeon crawling game rebooted for Steam. Tons of fun when playing with friends.

Minecraft still. Some buddies and I split the cost for a Realm server and it's a blast.

Warframe still.

I am loving Shovel Knight...but I just bought it about 2 days ago, and today it was 33% off. Oh well.

I have Warframe for free on a system or two, but never tried it. What's it like?

I'm playing Last of Us right now and I don't really like it. Too much stealth and item conservation, which I never enjoy.

Warframe still.

I am loving Shovel Knight...but I just bought it about 2 days ago, and today it was 33% off. Oh well.

I have Warframe for free on a system or two, but never tried it. What's it like?

I'm playing Last of Us right now and I don't really like it. Too much stealth and item conservation, which I never enjoy.

Really? I love The Last Of Us, I think it's one of the best games I have ever played. Yeah the gameplay focuses on those two things so if it's simply not your style I can understand that.

Warframe is a TPS of basically running around killing shit for various types of missions, like assassination targets, extermination, tower defense, etc. It's mostly PvE but there's a small PvP arena that I never do. The game is completionist heaven cause you rank up by leveling up weapons you acquire as you play.

Shovel Knight, quite frankly, is the tits. I don't see any other way to play it than by wearing the armor that gives you a power slash after two consecutive jump attacks.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

The Last of Us is one of my favorite games of all time. The last few hours of that game are really something special.

Finally playing Far Cry 4 now. Having a great time sending wildlife flipping through the air on fire.

It's like doing homework playing this game. I'm only at the point where Ellie gets her gun, and I'm already praying for it to end. But, as I said, I don't like item conservation and stealth, and that's all this game is about. I honestly don't see anything special in the story at all, but hopefully that will change. And when a game tries to give a realistic experience, I don't like to get pulled out of it. This game constantly take me out of the moment. The movements are clunky, both in melee and in taking any items, the latter which is criminally bad. Situations don't make sense, like you'll often be in a situation where any normal person could just climb up out of the water (or something like that), yet you'll be forced to get a raft for Ellie and go around. It doesn't make any sense. And the environments don't work well...like in the bathrooms where there are wooden doors all at different levels of being open, but you can't move any of them. The game is not nearly fun enough to compensate for making these types of mistakes. I know I'm in the minority, but the Remastered Tomb Raider was about 10 times better than this in every way. Perhaps I'll feel differently after I'm done, but I've put in enough hours that I seriously doubt it.

The Last of Us is one of my favorite games of all time. The last few hours of that game are really something special.

Finally playing Far Cry 4 now. Having a great time sending wildlife flipping through the air on fire.

It's like doing homework playing this game. I'm only at the point where Ellie gets her gun, and I'm already praying for it to end. But, as I said, I don't like item conservation and stealth, and that's all this game is about. I honestly don't see anything special in the story at all, but hopefully that will change. And when a game tries to give a realistic experience, I don't like to get pulled out of it. This game constantly take me out of the moment. The movements are clunky, both in melee and in taking any items, the latter which is criminally bad. Situations don't make sense, like you'll often be in a situation where any normal person could just climb up out of the water (or something like that), yet you'll be forced to get a raft for Ellie and go around. It doesn't make any sense. And the environments don't work well...like in the bathrooms where there are wooden doors all at different levels of being open, but you can't move any of them. The game is not nearly fun enough to compensate for making these types of mistakes. I know I'm in the minority, but the Remastered Tomb Raider was about 10 times better than this in every way. Perhaps I'll feel differently after I'm done, but I've put in enough hours that I seriously doubt it.

And another that routinely seems broken: I'm hiding and Ellie is out in the open, and the bad guys walk right next to her without noticing. It's just silly.

I'm playing Shovel Knight on my 3DS until the Last of Us Remastered arrives. I didn't like Alien Isolation or Shadow of Mordor, but at least I got both on big sales.

Is Shovel Knight any good? I've only heard about it maybe a couple weeks ago. It looks like an old NES game.

As an indie developer myself, these sorts of games pique my interest much more than a AAA title would.

I'm playing Shovel Knight on my 3DS until the Last of Us Remastered arrives. I didn't like Alien Isolation or Shadow of Mordor, but at least I got both on big sales.

Is Shovel Knight any good? I've only heard about it maybe a couple weeks ago. It looks like an old NES game.

As an indie developer myself, these sorts of games pique my interest much more than a AAA title would.

It's very good. Much like a Zelda II inspired Castlevania game.

I'm now replaying all the mario karts to get golds on every stage...just finished Mario Kart 64 last night and am on to Double Dash, my personal favorite.
  • Like 2

Not playing a whole lot right now, being in England with a shitty laptop :(

I get on League about every other day. This weekend since I have nothing going on I'll probably binge-play Civilization or Minecraft.

I miss my desktop back at home.

Currently playing Super Smash Brothers 4. It's addicting, I'm pretty sure.

Oh well... I remember the day I got a gamecube / SSBM. My brother and I stayed up until 11 pm playing it, and then woke up at 5 am to keep going to get all the characters :D

Oh well... I remember the day I got a gamecube / SSBM. My brother and I stayed up until 11 pm playing it, and then woke up at 5 am to keep going to get all the characters :D

I've had that game for years and I'm still yet to unlock Pichu. I also just unlocked Ganon and Mew2 this past month :P. It brings back good memories that game does.

I've had that game for years and I'm still yet to unlock Pichu. I also just unlocked Ganon and Mew2 this past month :P. It brings back good memories that game does.

How did you get MewTwo before Pichu? That's crazy! I've personally had to unlock every character several times due to fault memory cards.

So very, very close to 100% on Wind Waker, but am currently focusing most of my efforts on Hyrule Warriors.

Still agree with this sentiment, but I just beat Uncharted 3 on Crushing today, leaving me with just a few more trophies...

Just finished up Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and started Dragon Age: Inquisition. I can already tell this is gonna be one of those time suck games.

I would say Shadow of Mordor is definitely on the list. What did you think of it?