What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Civ: Beyond Earth is my current "new game" still, haven't been able to play much lately as the semester is hitting crunch time with Thanksgiving Break coming up. Game's a lot of fun, really enjoying the new Affinity system. The only problem with this is that there isn't nearly as much variety when it comes to the civilizations, there's only 8 of them and their bonuses are pretty standard like slightly better combat or another spy, etc.

Will probably be addressed in the first expansion whenever they reveal that.

My favorite Civ game still is the SNES port. It's not too overly complicated which is what I like.

The best part of any Civ game I've played is always the very beginning though- going out and exploring, finding jungles with jewels or mountains with gold deposits. Then of course once you discover the railroad and you can move all your units around with zero movement cost, that'd be the next best part. And then maybe nukes would be third :D

Just finished Bayonetta on the Wii U. Now sharing time between Destiny, Halo Master Chief Collection and Bayonetta 2 to see which one I will devote the most time to.

Dragon Age: Inquision for the 360.

Or at least, about 4 hours of it :(

After the 1st scouting mission when you first get the War Table the game crashes with a "disc unreadable" error. It happens in the same exact spot, four times now. I go past the little camp and down the hill and BAM, error time. I know it's not my 360, and the disc was new and still looks pristine. I'm going to exchange it tonight for another one but damn that's annoying. I just hope it's not a common occurance with this and 360 owners.

I just got to 30% in Assassin's Creed: Rogue which is a far site better than Black Flag. There are still pirate shenanigans but there is far more Assassin's Creed story content. Once I get through this I'll be picking up an XBone then will go through Assassin's Creed: Unity and anticipate the final Batman Arkham game next year.

After the 1st scouting mission when you first get the War Table the game crashes with a "disc unreadable" error. It happens in the same exact spot, four times now. I go past the little camp and down the hill and BAM, error time. I know it's not my 360, and the disc was new and still looks pristine. I'm going to exchange it tonight for another one but damn that's annoying. I just hope it's not a common occurance with this and 360 owners.

Bad media happens. You might try installing the game if you have space. That will tell you if the disc is bad. I usually install games I intend to play through to help loading times rather than play from disc. The disc is only used to launch and authorize but game data is read from the internal drive which is faster than the optical drive. If you are on XBOX live there may be an update too.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

Bad media happens. You might try installing the game if you have space. That will tell you if the disc is bad. I usually install games I intend to play through to help loading times rather than play from disc. The disc is only used to launch and authorize but game data is read from the internal drive which is faster than the optical drive. If you are on XBOX live there may be an update too.

Hi buddy! It's one of those newer games where the install's mandatory like Alien: Isolation. The 1st disc is install and the 2nd's the play disc.

The good news is that I exhanged the disc and this one works. Or at least got me past that part. I think the strangest part of the game so far is you can't talk to most of the people you see while walking around, only specific guys like merchants or quest-givers. It is a fun game though, I've really just only started at 7 or 8 hours in and I've hardly done anything with the main quest yet :D

Just finished Bayonetta 2 and have started on Destiny. I don't really know what I am doing, yet, though.

I've decided to hold of on Halo until online is completely fixed...though yesterday's update may have done that. I can't be waiting 3 minutes for uneven online matches, nonetheless 10.

Just finished Bayonetta 2 and have started on Destiny. I don't really know what I am doing, yet, though.

I've decided to hold of on Halo until online is completely fixed...though yesterday's update may have done that. I can't be waiting 3 minutes for uneven online matches, nonetheless 10.

You know I REALLY hate how many AAA titles that cost $60 are released all f*cked up and shitty nowadays.

First day patches, features that don't work as promised or not at all, A 4 page manual (Dark Souls 2) or none at all (DA:Inquisition), Day one DLC or worse yet DLC locked on the disc already.. Bugs, glitches, broken quests, stuff that should have been caught the first day or two by a QA team yet makes it to the shelves regardless?

Anybody remember when you went to a store and bought a good game that actually worked and that was it?

If I had half the budget and manpower that some of these corporate A-Holes did I could put out a monster of a great game. Sorry to get off track, but this sickens me to no end.

Edited by Del_Duio

You know I REALLY hate how many AAA titles that cost $60 are released all f*cked up and shitty nowadays.

First day patches, features that don't work as promised or not at all, A 4 page manual (Dark Souls 2) or none at all (DA:Inquisition), Day one DLC or worse yet DLC locked on the disc already.. Bugs, glitches, broken quests, stuff that should have been caught the first day or two by a QA team yet makes it to the shelves regardless?

Anybody remember when you went to a store and bought a good game that actually worked and that was it?

If I had half the budget and manpower that some of these corporate A-Holes did I could put out a monster of a great game. Sorry to get off track, but this sickens me to no end.

That's one reason I'll always own a Nintendo system.

Hi buddy! It's one of those newer games where the install's mandatory like Alien: Isolation. The 1st disc is install and the 2nd's the play disc.

The good news is that I exhanged the disc and this one works. Or at least got me past that part. I think the strangest part of the game so far is you can't talk to most of the people you see while walking around, only specific guys like merchants or quest-givers. It is a fun game though, I've really just only started at 7 or 8 hours in and I've hardly done anything with the main quest yet :D

Install the play disc. :D

I had a bad disc on a used game once. I was falling through the world at a section of road I had to drive over. Tried to install but it broke down. Exchanged the disc and all was right again.

Almost done with AC Rogue and all the Rush song title level names. 8 so far.

Install the play disc. :D

I had a bad disc on a used game once. I was falling through the world at a section of road I had to drive over. Tried to install but it broke down. Exchanged the disc and all was right again.

Almost done with AC Rogue and all the Rush song title level names. 8 so far.

I wish. They actually don't even let you install the play disc believe it or not. Same thing with Alien Isolation. You go into the Game Details by pressing X and it's not an option there.

Though this game certainly has its flaws I do like the exploration aspect a lot. So far I've only covered maybe half of the game's first major area (The Hinterlands) and I'm maybe 15-16 hours in.

Edited by Del_Duio

Just ordered the Xbox One AC Unity bundle on Ebay. Can't wait to get it!!!

I've already bought Watch Dogs so I'll have that before the system comes. After that I plan on renting Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse: Sons of Rome, Master Chief Collection, and Shadow of Mordor.

For next year, my most anticipated games are Halo 5, Mass Effect 4 (?), Batman: Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, and Just Cause 3.

Edited by adace1

I wish. They actually don't even let you install the play disc believe it or not. Same thing with Alien Isolation. You go into the Game Details by pressing X and it's not an option there.

Wow never seen that.

Destiny on the 360. Really fun and addictive game. It shares a lot of similarities with Halo but feels innovative enough to distinguish itself. In some ways I actually like this better than Halo 4. The upgrades and bouncing around from mission to mission really spice things up and are a welcome relief from Halo's linearity. I really hope Halo 5 borrows a few ideas from this game.

That said, the Halo series has a more interesting and much better presented story. I feel like Destiny's story has potential but doesn't quite live up to it because the developers chose not to put it at the forefront. But Destiny's story sure beats out Titanfall's half-assed, tacked-on story. Just my opinion, of course.

Also, I don't understand why you HAVE to be online all the time with Destiny if you're playing solo like I am. Makes no sense at all.

Edited by adace1

Just finished Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark. I'm a Transformers freak, but this game wasn't even worth the $20 I spent on it. Bad graphics, simple gameplay, and a huge step back from the previous 2 games.

Now I'm about 2 hours into Tomb Raider on the PS4. This shit is unnerving.

Got my Xbox One yesterday and I'm playing Shadow of Mordor. I honestly don't like it that much. Not being able to roam the world without having to evade or being attacked is not my idea of a fun game. It just makes it annoying and tedious.

Got my Xbox One yesterday and I'm playing Shadow of Mordor. I honestly don't like it that much. Not being able to roam the world without having to evade or being attacked is not my idea of a fun game. It just makes it annoying and tedious.

Damn. I love LOTR and got the game on Black Friday despite the fact that I usually don't like open world games like this. I'm disappointed to read your criticism.

Damn. I love LOTR and got the game on Black Friday despite the fact that I usually don't like open world games like this. I'm disappointed to read your criticism.

Well keep in mind that I'm more of a casual gamer. If you're a hardcore gamer who loves a challenge then you might like it. As far as LOTR games go, I like War in the North much better. It's more focused and story-driven, and it's not nearly as hard.

I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Unity and it's awesome. The lack of modern day Abstergo missions is disappointing but otherwise this is a really fun game with amazing scenery and an interesting plot.

I'm playing Shovel Knight on my 3DS until the Last of Us Remastered arrives. I didn't like Alien Isolation or Shadow of Mordor, but at least I got both on big sales.
  • Like 1