Sad songs.....

Roddy

kate bush - this woman's work

She's written loads of sadness, take your pick really...another that immediately springs to mind is And So is Love, some of EC's best work imo.

man I haven't listened to anything off the red shoes in ages!

and yeah, kate bush is awesome and plenty of her tunes can move me like no other tunes can

• Like 1

kate bush - this woman's work

She's written loads of sadness, take your pick really...another that immediately springs to mind is And So is Love, some of EC's best work imo.

man I haven't listened to anything off the red shoes in ages!

and yeah, kate bush is awesome and plenty of her tunes can move me like no other tunes can

Similar to The Dreaming and The Sensual World, The Red Shoes took quite a few listens before getting it. Now I rank it pretty highly. Go back to it, you will agree I'm sure.

• Like 1

These two have probably already been mentioned but just quickly...

Radiohead - Exit Music (For a Film)

Pink Floyd - High Hopes

Dude Pink Floyd "High Hope" makes you cry? Well that's good but for me it "Wish You Were Here" or "The Fanil Cut" and that all I got to say about that but love love love Pink Floyd and Rush

Dude Pink Floyd "High Hope" makes you cry? Well that's good but for me it "Wish You Were Here" or "The Fanil Cut" and that all I got to say about that but love love love Pink Floyd and Rush

lol, no not ball out crying exactly, but that playing towards the end is some of Dave's best emo work ever imo. Have I teared up watching it live? Ok I'll cop to it, hey it's Gilmour, I feel no shame...

Man how I really don't like this song

Garry O Raffay "Alone Again (Naturally)" is one of the most saddest song ever period and Bee Gees "I Started A Joke" is also one period!!!!! I just cry and cry on that song and Chicago "Wish You Were Here" don't do it justice at allll

Alone Again (Naturally) is by Gilbert O'Sullivan (maybe you confused him with Gerry Rafferty), and while a tad schmaltzy, is indeed very sad.

Chicago

Colour My World always gets to me..... In Junior High it was the first song I ever slow danced to with the fairer sex. Talk about raging hormones... :scared: :)

In the late 70s, when I was but a schoolage boy, my brother got the Chicago 9 LP (a greatest hits), and when I heard Colour My World, I thought that if ever got married, I would dance with my wife to that song.

30 years later, I did.

• Like 2

Man how I really don't like this song

Garry O Raffay "Alone Again (Naturally)" is one of the most saddest song ever period and Bee Gees "I Started A Joke" is also one period!!!!! I just cry and cry on that song and Chicago "Wish You Were Here" don't do it justice at allll

Alone Again (Naturally) is by Gilbert O'Sullivan (maybe you confused him with Gerry Rafferty), and while a tad schmaltzy, is indeed very sad.

What, in your opinion, are the saddest songs ever written? 'Tears' immediately springs to my mind as possibly the saddest song EVER, but what are some others that always bring a tear to your eyes????

When I first saw the thread title Tears came to mind first also :(

Also, Aimee Mann's (of "Time Stand Still" backing vocal fame!) "Wise Up" from the Magnolia soundtrack can still bring me to sobs under the right conditions. This song is definitely on my funeral playlist (I can't be the only one who has one of those? ;) ).

• Like 1

Ok so let update this lil thread:

"O (Fly On)" from the new Coldplay album (GS) just made me cry for days now i was hearing the song with no prod until you read the lyrics to this song hountly beauitful and sad

"I met a girl who sang the blues

And I asked her for some happy news

But she just smiled, and turned away

So I went down to the sacred store

Where I'd heard the music, years before

But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets, the children screamed

The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed

But not a word was spoken

The church bells all were broken..."

• Like 1