Riv's Chicken Marsala ala Rush

Riv

OK, This is a delicious treat; I have to make it once a week. Be sure to run a few miles the next day. biggrin.gif

Alright, here's what you're gonna need:

8 tablespoons butter, divided

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves(salt & pepper to taste)

6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced (any brown variation is fine)

3/4 cup Marsala wine

1 (10.75oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup

1 (10.75oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

3/4 cup heavy cream

1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary

1/4 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme

1 Package linguine

1. Melt 6 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook untill halfway done and golden brown on both sides - listen to the first side of Hemispheres , flipping chicken halfway. When browned, remove chicken to a 9X13 baking dish. Set skillet aside, reserve drippings.

2. In a separate skillet melt the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat and saute mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup Marsala wine and stir; let reduce over low heat for Jacob's Ladder (7 mins.) . Set mushrooms and drippings aside, keeping warm.

3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

4. Add cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup to the reserved chicken/drippings skillet. Mix soups well with drippings using a whisk until no lumps remain. Slowly add cream stirring constantly, then add remaining 1/2 cup of wine; season with rosemary and thyme. Let mixture simmer over medium heat until bubbly, then add reserved mushroom mixture and mix together.

5. Pour soup/mushroom mixture over chicken in baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven for the entire RUSH album (40 mins.).

Be sure to have pasta done before the album is over...I like to toss my pasta in a little olive oil after straining.

Don't forget the bread!

653.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

No no nooooooooo

no condensed soup in it! 062802puke_prv.gif

Heres My chick Marsala Recipe!

I get bout 1lb of THIN sliced cutlets,(i get my butcher to sliced em nice and thin..i hate touchin raw meat laugh.gif )

Then I dredge em in flour and then ina scrabbled eggs mixture with a lil milk in it.

Fry em in olive oil on lite heat...dont forget!...1ST flower THEN egg Bath NOT other way around! no.gif

place em in a corninware pan and set aside once theyr all fried..

In same pan drain out any xtra oil but dont clean the pan out!

Add to the pan the Mushrooms and lil butter to deglaze the frypan and saute mushrooms,

once theyr done sauting, I add in the marsala whine , lil bit of oregano,Paprika & lemon juice..Bring to boil..I dont have measurements cuz I make this weekyl also and just throw it togeter LOL

Once its boiled for about 2-3 mins i pour it over then cutlets and tin foil the pan cut few lil holes in it to vent and place in oven for bout 1/2 hour or so (350)

I also made this the fast way and just added the chicken back to the fry pan once mushrooms and whine was done boilin..then i just covered the pan and let simmer on low heat for bout 20 or so mins..I like 1 pan meals..easy clean up yes.gif

anyhows i usualy make a baked tater & snowpeas when i make this meal along with a nice salald

Archived