drive by truckers

wheresmysnowdog

i have really got into this band in the last few years.live they are one of the tightest bands i have ever seen.i love the sound of three guitars and the diversity of the three singers.patterson hood is the country lemmy. biggrin.gif they also tell some dam fine tales.anybody else on here like them

i'm sure they will be back soon.they play 150 to 200 gigs a year.

make sure you check them out it's definitely worth it.

it's a double cd called southern rock oprea.yes it about skynyrd and growing up with arena rock and peoples perceptions of "the southern man"

yeah thats the cd i started with.its different but i love the way they put across the story.my favorites are ronnie and neil,let there be rock and shut up and get your arse on the plane.

I saw them on Conan a way back and remember them being awesome. If they are classified as 'southern rock', I really don't think we need anymore of that. But I didn't think they were like, umm Skynyrd, whom after playing their music in cover bands for 25 years, I can't stand anymore.

I liked the one performance I saw, they were great!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 6 2006, 08:41 PM)
I saw them on Conan a way back and remember them being awesome. If they are classified as 'southern rock', I really don't think we need anymore of that. But I didn't think they were like, umm Skynyrd, whom after playing their music in cover bands for 25 years, I can't stand anymore.
I liked the one performance I saw, they were great!

Well, I used that term loosely with the description "new sound" of southern rock. Probably dated myself using that term at all.

I really doudt that any cover band plays what I would consider Skynyrds better work.

Listening now at myspace, my first impression is favorable

http://www.myspace.com/drivebytruckers

Edited to say they describe themselves as Southern Rock.

I saw them last Dec. at Warren Haynes Xmas Jam in Asheville, NC. They were quite good. From what I hear they should be playing at this year's Jam also and I am trying to make it back down there. The Xmas Jam is a really good time with lots of great music. Last year it started at 7:00 and didn't end till going on 4AM. I posted a short review here last year.

Archived