Ozric Tentacles

tangy

Geek fact:

The drummer on Afterswish went on to become a top funk drummer playing with Jamiroqui.

I love hearing how great he was on pure natural talent before becoming the polished pro

QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 21 2006, 08:03 AM)
Geek fact:

The drummer on Afterswish went on to become a top funk drummer playing with Jamiroqui.

I love hearing how great he was on pure natural talent before becoming the polished pro

I'd forgotten that.

Merv Pepler and Joie Hinton formed a group called "Eat Static" after leaving the tentacles.

Ed Wynne and Joie Hinton also have a project called Nodens Ictus which is entirely ambient.

Several ex-members of the Tentacles have formed a group called Dream Machine. The songs I've heard on myspace and youtube seem promising.

heres a link to the Dream Maching myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=74814570

Thanks Tangdog

I totally didn't know about Nodens - that sounds just my thing.

I'm really enjoying Dream Machine stuff - it's great to hear real jamming and playing with communication.

Eat Static was good stuff - a lot of the electronic music around that time was very psych (the 1990s version of pshycadelia really) and they add creativity and a bit more of a than just 4 on the 4. Get shows / parties too

QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 22 2006, 09:00 AM)
Thanks Tangdog

I totally didn't know about Nodens - that sounds just my thing.

I'm really enjoying Dream Machine stuff - it's great to hear real jamming and playing with communication.

Eat Static was good stuff - a lot of the electronic music around that time was very psych (the 1990s version of pshycadelia really) and they add creativity and a bit more of a than just 4 on the 4. Get shows / parties too

If you check out Nodens let me know what you think please. I think eventually I will order some of their material.

Heres a link to a myspace page I found while searching for some eat static. The fourth song is a remix of the Ozrics song chewier- mixed by Eat Static.

http://www.myspace.com/ozrictentaclesuk '> http://www.myspace.com/ozrictentaclesuk

tang

I'm sipping Yingie Porter and watching

Thanks!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Mar 16 2007, 08:38 PM)
tang
I'm sipping Yingie Porter and watching
Thanks!

A winning combination!

I have have heard a rumor that OT will be playing in West Virginia this summer as part of The Allgood Festival? If so I imagine there will be other dates. Not sure but will keep you all updated when and if I hear word of a new tour.

please do!

today I'm drinkin what the wee little leprechan brought me.... Guiness extra stout

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 2 2006, 04:21 PM)
Yeah, I have everything up through I think Arobrescence, including the Vitamin Enhanced CD box set (their first six albums released originally only on cassette).

I generally think they're really great, even if I don't listen to them too much these days. They were pretty consistent, with Erpland being the standout for me, though most all of that early stuff was quite good.

By the time of Strangeitude and Jurassiac Shift and Arborescence, while they were good, it was starting to sound kind of samey to me, and I feel like I kind of got the point. So with 12 or so albums I called it quits.

Every once in awhile I'll put one on when I'm in the mood. Still great stuff...

I dig this band too. I have that Vitamin Box as well! I have all of the Snapper digipak reissues too. I also have that live album in the limited edition yellow plastic liquid cover. Cool shit. I have never seen them live but I have their dvd. An excellent band!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 15 2007, 12:44 PM)
Yeah, I have everything up through I think Arobrescence, including the Vitamin Enhanced CD box set (their first six albums released originally only on cassette).

I generally think they're really great, even if I don't listen to them too much these days.  They were pretty consistent, with Erpland being the standout for me, though most all of that early stuff was quite good.

By the time of Strangeitude and Jurassiac Shift and Arborescence, while they were good, it was starting to sound kind of samey to me, and I feel like I kind of got the point.  So with 12 or so albums I called it quits.

Every once in awhile I'll put one on when I'm in the mood.  Still great stuff...

I dig this band too. I have that Vitamin Box as well! I have all of the Snapper digipak reissues too. I also have that live album in the limited edition yellow plastic liquid cover. Cool shit. I have never seen them live but I have their dvd. An excellent band!

Way to go Earl! 1022.gif

A US tour is in the works and I will let you know when they are playing in California.

Is that "live album in the limited edition yellow plastic liquid cover" Spice Doudt Streaming?

QUOTE (tangdog @ May 15 2007, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 15 2007, 12:44 PM)

I generally think they're really great, even if I don't listen to them too much these days.  They were pretty consistent, with Erpland being the standout for me, though most all of that early stuff was quite good.

By the time of Strangeitude and Jurassiac Shift and Arborescence, while they were good, it was starting to sound kind of samey to me, and I feel like I kind of got the point.  So with 12 or so albums I called it quits.

Every once in awhile I'll put one on when I'm in the mood.  Still great stuff...

Way to go Earl! 1022.gif

A US tour is in the works and I will let you know when they are playing in California.

Is that "live album in the limited edition yellow plastic liquid cover" Spice Doudt Streaming?

Hey Tangy!

Right on!

Yes! That's the one in the yellow case!! Killer!

Yeah let me know when the Tentacles hit California!! If they come up to the Bay Area I will be there for sure!!!

This thread has me going man. I will have to listen to some Tentacles tonight!!

Cheers!

Earl

Well folks the Tentacles are here in the states this week. I was reluctant to post any dates because they were no-shows at Wakarusa- ( very lame)

However they did play a gig in Quebec last week ( supposedly with Spocks Beard as an opener??, sorry I missed that show.)

Anyways they have 2 more dates here this week I thought I pass along.

7/12/07 Masontown, WV All Good Festival playing on Thursday Nignt for Early Arrival Performance

07/13/07 09:00 PM HighLine Ballroom New York, NY

They are performing as a trio this tour but the reviews and the setlist from Quebec look good.

Intro

Bolshem

Chewier

Xingu

Coily

Pyramidion

Synth Jam (excellent new tune!)

Eternal Wheel

Splat!

DisDots

Domes of G'Bal

Oakum