Sesame Street??

rickyrob

I'm currently puzzling over Madra's latest Word Scramble, so I'm flicking through album and CD inserts....I came across the "Brought to you by the Letter *" notes which occur in every studio album since Presto...what's all this about?

The various 'letters' are:

Presto: D

Roll the Bones: B

Counterparts: oe (attached together)

Test For Echo says: R-R-R-R..the last 3 R's are smaller, but capitalized

Vapour Trails: 3 - which in Russian is 'zeh' and equivalent to a Z. confused13.gif

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

• Like 1

It all started with Power Windows which was 'Brought to you by the letter M'. This came about when the band noticed that a lot of the songs on Power Windows began with an M - manhattan Project, Marathon and Middletown Dreams. I think they found the joke funny and continued it.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 19 2004, 09:09 PM)
I'm currently puzzling over Madra's latest Word Scramble, so I'm flicking through album and CD inserts....I came across the "Brought to you by the Letter *" notes which occur in every studio album since Presto...what's all this about?

The various 'letters' are:

Presto: D
Roll the Bones: B
Counterparts: oe (attached together)
Test For Echo says: R-R-R-R..the last 3 R's are smaller, but capitalized
Vapour Trails: 3 - which in Russian is 'zeh' and equivalent to a Z. confused13.gif
confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

Slightly off topic - but I can pretty much guarantee you've seen ther answer, because I got the idea while leafing through album covers during Slaine's last one.

Back on topic - Have Rush ever done Sesame Street?

I seem to recall Geddy saying once he'd love to do it, as it would be the coolest thing he could do in his kids eyes. Then again, it might have been Jon Bon Jovi that said that!!. Anyone able to confirm that??

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 19 2004, 02:44 PM)
It all started with Power Windows which was 'Brought to you by the letter M'. This came about when the band noticed that a lot of the songs on Power Windows began with an M - manhattan Project, Marathon and Middletown Dreams. I think they found the joke funny and continued it.

Dont forget Mystic Rhythms laugh.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 19 2004, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 19 2004, 02:09 PM)

Test For Echo says: R-R-R-R..

I do believe that's an echo!

doh.gif ...I must have been half asleep! laugh.gif

I must admit I missed the Power Windows letter M, I'd been tracking back in time and couldn't find one on HYF, so stopped there.

I do find it interesting that if you take all these letters (using oe as 'O' and 3 as 'E') you get BOREDM

• Like 1

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 20 2004, 07:45 AM)
I think we have another candidate for the 'too much time on their hands' award. joker.gif

rofl3.gif May I join you then Slaine? rofl3.gif

Hey, where'd this emoticon come from? Haven't seen it before....I like a bit of S & M laugh.gif bd.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 20 2004, 05:02 PM)
I think we have another candidate for the 'too much time on their hands' award. joker.gif

Hey, where'd this emoticon come from? Haven't seen it before....I like a bit of S & M laugh.gif bd.gif

I think that's GhostGirl's for the politics jail. Careful or you might be her first client.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 20 2004, 01:21 PM)

I think that's GhostGirl's for the politics jail. Careful or you might be her first client.

GhostGirl ---> bd.gif <--- Ricky

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 20 2004, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 20 2004, 01:21 PM)

GhostGirl ---> bd.gif <--- Ricky

More to the point, careful - he might enjoy it.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 20 2004, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 20 2004, 08:03 PM)
moon.gif

before and after.

Now that's economy in smilies

Note my very red bum laugh.gif

One of my favourites...

If you were a kid, I'd give you a baseball glove and ball and tell you to go out and play.

I don't like baseball so that wouldn't work anyway.

You don't have to like it, you just have to do it. :bitchslap: