2112 sightings

barney_rebel

So I've been assigned to this project where I have to deploy 2120 notebooks in a few months. Damn.. I wish we could leave 8 of them behind rofl3.gif

There's this house down the street from me. I always try to spot the house with the 2112 address. It's always at a busy intersection and seem to miss it by a house or two.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll keep an eye out for 2112 addresses and let you know what I find. That does remind me of this road I pass every day on the way to work that fits my sense of humor perfectly.

The name of this road is Memory Lane. AND IT'S A DEAD END. laugh.gif

I have to take a picture of it next week and post it. It's downright poetic I tell ya. POETIC!!

I work in the stores at the factory where I'm employed. The majority of the parts needed for the various assembly jobs are kept in two large computer controlled carosels which are divided into shelves.

One them, which contains the smaller parts, has 43 shelves divided into 12 boxes. Once you enter the part you want, the computer moves to the correct postion.

I always get a big smile when the part I want is located at Row 21, Box 12.

incidentally, the Winter Solstice is on December 21. If you use the UK style of date notation that is 21/12.

Not a 2112 topic but,

There is a road sign in my area that reads..."Six Mile Village-14 miles" biggrin.gif

There's also a business sign that reads..."Thunderbird Inn-Home of the 'Ho-Made' Pies"

I went in there one day and asked where the 'ho's' that make the pies were? The waitress answered, "That's my mother your talking about" ! oops.......

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 19 2004, 12:50 PM)
Not a 2112 topic but,

There is a road sign in my area that reads..."Six Mile Village-14 miles" biggrin.gif
There's also a business sign that reads..."Thunderbird Inn-Home of the 'Ho-Made' Pies"

I went in there one day and asked where the 'ho's' that make the pies were? The waitress answered, "That's my mother your talking about" ! oops.......

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I found the Japanese characters for '2112'. Could make a cool avatar or sig pic. Get 'em while they're hot!

http://web.mit.edu/jpnet/ji/gifs/200x200/2112.gif

Last time I saw Rush at radio city I bought a train ticket and without noticing it was at 9:12 pm, I bought it a few days before the show at the train station out of a machine. So the ticket said 21:12 at the bottom. I didn't notice until I pulled it out to leave the city when about 10 of us were at a bar having a drink so I showed it to everyone and we all high-fived. It's kind of cheezy but it's a true story, just kind of neat that it happened like that. 1022.gif

At my school there is a locker with the number 2112. I have been wanting to request it ever since i started going to my new school but forget each year! I wonder if the person who has the 2112 locker even knows who Rush is.

Also whenever i go to a hotel i try to have sightings as i try to locate my room "2112"and "311" are the funnest to find.

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Nov 19 2004, 05:07 PM)
At my school there is a locker with the number 2112. I have been wanting to request it ever since i started going to my new school but forget each year! I wonder if the person who has the 2112 locker even knows who Rush is.

Also whenever i go to a hotel i try to have sightings as i try to locate my room "2112"and "311" are the funnest to find.

I KNOW HEY!!! There a locker that is 2112 and mine is 2074 so I was really close...yea I walk by that locker everyday and knowing that they probably don't know who the hell Rush is!!!!

Never seen anything with 2112 but i keep my eye open for it. Wait does this count I work in a t shirt Shop that prints t Shirts. When ever i get to 2112 i would go crazy. Never get to that number because not that many shirts.

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Nov 19 2004, 07:35 PM)
Never seen anything with 2112 but i keep my eye open for it. Wait does this count I work in a t shirt Shop that prints t Shirts. When ever i get to 2112 i would go crazy. Never get to that number because not that many shirts.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 19 2004, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 19 2004, 12:50 PM)
Not a 2112 topic but,

There is a road sign in my area that reads..."Six Mile Village-14 miles"  biggrin.gif

I went in there one day and asked where the 'ho's' that make the pies were? The waitress answered, "That's my mother your talking about" !    oops.......

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 19 2004, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Nov 19 2004, 05:07 PM)

I KNOW HEY!!! There a locker that is 2112 and mine is 2074 so I was really close...yea I walk by that locker everyday and knowing that they probably don't know who the hell Rush is!!!!

Ha! nice! I wish my locker was 2112

Yesterday was a Rush day. I didn't come across 2112 until I got home and poured one (see recipe in Macallan thread,) but there were 3 other coincidences.

About 15 minutes after I read rickyrob's "Misheard Words" post, I got in my car to go to work. As soon as I turned it over, the speakers light up with "the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall." I thought, 'wow, strange coincidence.' It wasn't till I got around the corner that the song ended and went to commerical. Then it became wierder to me, because I realized it had been on the radio. Not that that's so strange, in and of itsnelf, but I have almost all of the studio releases burned onto the 10 disks in my CD changer, and its unusual for me to bother with the commercial infested radio.

After dropping the young one off at school, I remembered that I had purposefully switched to radio the night before, because The Weapon ended, and I was almost home. I didn't want to leave it mid-song and figured a perfectly cued New World Man would be a good way to start the next day. So I'm sitting at the light and change to CD. Just as I hear "he's a signal turning green," the light turns green, and I had to laugh a little.

30 miles later, Signals is over, and I'm on to AFTK. Xanadu begins, but I don't make it to the words before I arrive at work....figured I'd save it for lunch. Now every Thursday, we take turns bringing breakfast where I work. This week, Linda brought 3 different kinds of coffee cake and a lovely assortment of cantelope, grapes and HONEYDEW. Guess what I chose? biggrin.gif

Archived