What is your favourite Rush decade?

barney_rebel

What is your favourite Rush decade?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Rush decade?

• 1970's
    • 1980's
    • 1990's
    • 2000's

For me, it's the 90's. And I'd also like the license to pull Presto into this range even though it was released in '89. Don't care, the sound fits more with RTB, CP, & T4E.

This poll kills me because I LOVE the 80's stuff and 70's stuff and today's material. Still, I decided to vote - and the 90's take it.

• Like 1

You complete and utter moon.gif

How can you be so cruel as to make me decide which decade is my favourite, they all have their unique charm and brilliance.

Although my favourite album, Moving Pictures, was an 80s release, I've had to go with the 90s as my next two faves, Roll the Bones and Counterparts, were from that decade (no 4, Farewell to Kings was from the 70s), so its a matter of statistics for me.

I had to go with the 80s, but I think its as much a personal thing as a musical thing. By the 90s, Rush was so central to my musical interests I started taking them for granted, the 80s (especially 81 to 85) were a period of discovery, back catelogue collection and indepth lyrical analysis.

70's.....for me its classic Rush...and the rock music I was weened on.

wacko.gif I am I little puzzled as to the current score on the vote...if you go to the thread about "favourite albums" the three best are 2112, Hemispheres (both 70's) and Moving Pictures (OK, 80's but early 80's). Personally I have a view similar to Slaine's, every decade has its magic...but for me, with Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and 2112 being three of my fave albums I have to stick with 70's. wub.gif

That's an easy one for me. 80's hands down.

Permanent Waves

Moving pictures

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

Presto

6 studio albums in the 70's

7 studio albums in the 80's when I think they were at their peak, not to mention ESL & A show of hands.

3 studio albums in the 90's

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 19 2004, 06:51 PM)
That's an easy one for me. 80's hands down.

Permanent Waves
Moving pictures
Signals
Grace Under Pressure
Power Windows
Hold Your Fire
Presto

6 studio albums in the 70's

7 studio albums in the 80's when I think they were at their peak, not to mention ESL & A show of hands.

3 studio albums in the 90's

Ah, but I was going with myopinions regarding quality rather than quantity. True, Rush were at their released most albums during the 80s but their output was affected by only having six years with which to work in the 70s and their increasing age in the 90s.

However, it simply what tickles your fancy and, as I said, out of my four favoutire albums, two were from the 90s - hence my vote.

I was introduced to Rush in the '90s...early '90s, so that era sticks out in my mind as special for that reason, but my favorite has to be the 2000 selection. That's when I made them MINE, in a manner of speaking. wink.gif

smile.gif

Look at that one lonely vote for 2000.... I always gotta be different! biggrin.gif

I went with 80's because of Signals. I must say though, I am EXTREMELY suprised by the amount of people that are showing interest in the 80's decade over the 70's. This poll would probably have been a lot more accurate if it was split up between represented between each live album.

I like the 90's stuff but i chose the 80's because the 80's were very cool because Power Windows and Hold your fire were very cool Cds at the time even though i didnt no about Rush until 1996. I was a late fan i am so sorry lol.

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Nov 19 2004, 06:44 PM)
I like the 90's stuff but i chose the 80's because the 80's were very cool because Power Windows and Hold your fire were very cool Cds at the time even though i didnt no about Rush until 1996. I was a late fan i am so sorry lol.

You're not the only one. I didnt discover Rush until about 2 years before the VT album was released.

For me, it's a choice between the 70's and the 80's (with Permanent Waves as well as Presto being included to this time period) and I would have to go with the 80's. I very much love all the records from that decade (apart from PoW, which I merely like) and as much as I adore Hemispheres, 2112 and COS, those albums could never really match the wealth and the sheer diversity of all that fabulous music the band managed to create during those ten years, with GUP being the absolute peak for me.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 20 2004, 03:18 PM)
At least no-one is sneering at anyone for liking a particular period of Rush than another as I've seen on other boards.

Except for a slight blip which seems to have been rectified, this seems to be a very tolerant board.

How could people knock each other for liking different periods of Rush? That's nuts. It's all Rush, to me. 30 ass kicking years of material to never get tired of. Every decade...... AWESOME

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

At least no-one is sneering at anyone for liking a particular period of Rush than another as I've seen on other boards.

Except for a slight blip which seems to have been rectified, this seems to be a very tolerant board.

Yeah aside the Politics forum this board really hilights the camaraderie between Rush fans and would really be great if we can all meet each other personally! Especially at a 2.gif show!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 20 2004, 10:22 PM)

How could people knock each other for liking different periods of Rush? That's nuts. It's all Rush, to me. 30 ass kicking years of material to never get tired of. Every decade...... AWESOME

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

I've come across a few who, if you don't think Hemispheres is the album to end all albums and happen to like Roll the Bones and Counterparts then you opinion is worthless.

Needless to say we didn't get on.