What is your favourite Rush decade?

barney_rebel

What is your favourite Rush decade?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Rush decade?

• 1970's
    • 1980's
    • 1990's
    • 2000's

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 20 2004, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 20 2004, 03:18 PM)
At least no-one is sneering at anyone for liking a particular period of Rush than another as I've seen on other boards.

Except for a slight blip which seems to have been rectified, this seems to be a very tolerant board.

How could people knock each other for liking different periods of Rush? That's nuts. It's all Rush, to me. 30 ass kicking years of material to never get tired of. Every decade...... AWESOME

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 20 2004, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 20 2004, 03:18 PM)
At least no-one is sneering at anyone for liking a particular period of Rush than another as I've seen on other boards.

Except for a slight blip which seems to have been rectified, this seems to be a very tolerant board.

How could people knock each other for liking different periods of Rush? That's nuts. It's all Rush, to me. 30 ass kicking years of material to never get tired of. Every decade...... AWESOME

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

2.gif

1022.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 1022.gif

2.gif

I've been debating my answer since this thread started and I just can't choose between the 70s and 80s. If I could lump PeW and MP into the 70s, then I would be set. But I can't... so, if I have to pick, I'll take the 70s.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 20 2004, 07:27 PM)
I've been debating my answer since this thread started and I just can't choose between the 70s and 80s. If I could lump PeW and MP into the 70s, then I would be set. But I can't... so, if I have to pick, I'll take the 70s.

The cool thing is there is no wrong answer!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 20 2004, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 20 2004, 07:27 PM)

The cool thing is there is no wrong answer!!! biggrin.gif

True, true biggrin.gif But the BEST thing is we don't have to pick, we can have it all 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 19 2004, 01:34 PM)
70's.....for me its classic Rush...and the rock music I was weened on.

wacko.gif I am I little puzzled as to the current score on the vote...if you go to the thread about "favourite albums" the three best are 2112, Hemispheres (both 70's) and Moving Pictures (OK, 80's but early 80's). Personally I have a view similar to Slaine's, every decade has its magic...but for me, with Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and 2112 being three of my fave albums I have to stick with 70's. wub.gif

I agree with this post 100%

Ahhhh, my first 2.gif forum post.

Having gone to High School in the 70's, and being introduced to Rush in '75...the answer for me is simple, the 70's.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 20 2004, 07:41 PM)
Too true. Alas some people forget that

Well, I don't see that as an unfortunate situation at all. Being discerning is a good thing, after all. And I'm truly happy that I can leave RTB in my cd-shelf to gather dust... You on the other hand should feel extremely fortunate for being able to hear it as a masterpiece.

I certainly don't want all Rush, I just want the stuff that suits my ears. So there. tongue.gif

QUOTE (yyz @ Nov 21 2004, 05:05 PM)
I was just listening to Hemispheres a while ago. Gotta love that album.

Hell yeah man. All the songs on it are top tracks for me. Hemispheres, Circumstances, The Trees and La Villa Strangiato. Can it get much better than that for a studio album?

QUOTE (MKG59 @ Nov 21 2004, 09:50 AM)

wacko.gif I am I little puzzled as to the current score on the vote...if you go to the thread about "favourite albums" the three best are 2112, Hemispheres (both 70's) and Moving Pictures (OK, 80's but early 80's). Personally I have a view similar to Slaine's, every decade has its magic...but for me, with Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and 2112 being three of my fave albums I have to stick with 70's. wub.gif

Having gone to High School in the 70's, and being introduced to Rush in '75...the answer for me is simple, the 70's.

trink39.gif Welcome to this crazy place, MKG!! trink39.gif

Welcome aboard!!!! trink39.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 19 2004, 03:23 PM)
I was introduced to Rush in the '90s...early '90s, so that era sticks out in my mind as special for that reason, but my favorite has to be the 2000 selection. That's when I made them MINE, in a manner of speaking. wink.gif

smile.gif

Look at that one lonely vote for 2000.... I always gotta be different! biggrin.gif

Sorry to kill your lone rebel buzz, GG, but I'm right there with ya'. biggrin.gif

Vapor Trails is where I'm at in so many ways.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 21 2004, 06:15 PM)
I was introduced to Rush in the '90s...early '90s, so that era sticks out in my mind as special for that reason, but my favorite has to be the 2000 selection.  That's when I made them MINE, in a manner of speaking.  wink.gif

smile.gif

Look at that one lonely vote for 2000....  I always gotta be different!  biggrin.gif

Sorry to kill your lone rebel buzz, GG, but I'm right there with ya'. biggrin.gif

Vapor Trails was an extremely good album. I think all of the songs on it are good, and I can listen to it over and over again.

Yes the 70's ring true...Great music from that decade..still seems like it was yesterday cool10.gif ..Any way my first and true Rush album 2112, still listen to it just about every day second, Caress of Steel...When i"m feeling down i don"t know why but that album picks me right up and then theres AFWTKS what more can i say about that work of art yes.gif ....I know permanent waves is 1980 but it still the 70's to me....I love their work from the 80's but i find that whole decade boring...(maybe because i don"t remember to much of it) then came the 90's with that she brings me Counter Parts..I LOVE THAT FREAKING ALBUM LIKE I LOVE MY OWN CHILD...But the 70's for me folks.. cool10.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Nov 22 2004, 03:44 AM)
Yes the 70's ring true...Great music from that decade..still seems like it was yesterday cool10.gif ..Any way my first and true Rush album 2112, still listen to it just about every day second, Caress of Steel...When i"m feeling down i don"t know why but that album picks me right up and then theres AFWTKS what more can i say about that work of art yes.gif ....I know permanent waves is 1980 but it still the 70's to me....I love their work from the 80's but i find that whole decade boring...(maybe because i don"t remember to much of it) then came the 90's with that she brings me Counter Parts..I LOVE THAT FREAKING ALBUM LIKE I LOVE MY OWN CHILD...But the 70's for me folks.. cool10.gif

the cool thing about Permanent Waves is that it was the very first official album released in the '80's...it was released January 1, 1980....so in a way u r right about it being really a 70's album since it was recorded during 1979.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 22 2004, 03:55 AM)
QUOTE (slacker @ Nov 22 2004, 03:44 AM)

the cool thing about Permanent Waves is that it was the very first official album released in the '80's...it was released January 1, 1980....so in a way u r right about it being really a 70's album since it was recorded during 1979.... biggrin.gif

Thank You Test trink39.gif

Onward and upward! I voted for the current decade because we are blessed with the accumulated material of the last 30 years, and, absent a scientific breakthrough in temporal physics, this decade holds the only hopes any of us have to see the boys again. laugh.gif

Besides, I love all their previous eras. They each have their particular selling points.

Welcome to the board!!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 21 2004, 05:15 PM)
I was introduced to Rush in the '90s...early '90s, so that era sticks out in my mind as special for that reason, but my favorite has to be the 2000 selection.  That's when I made them MINE, in a manner of speaking.  wink.gif

smile.gif

Look at that one lonely vote for 2000....  I always gotta be different!  biggrin.gif

No problem...glad to have some company! smile.gif

I had to pick the 80's. I wasn't old enough to buy albums back then (born in '78 OK!!???!) but I do remember loving songs like Subdivisions and a bunch more from Grace and Hold Your Fire. It wasn't until I got the Rush "Chronicles" collection as part of a "11 for the price of 1" deal that I truly enjoyed listening to Rush. It has now developed into a madness, yes an extreme madness, where it's just about all I put in. I can't get tired of it. They have so so many good albums, it's easy to go far and come back and everything feels new. So many of my other favorite bands I have to say "Oh yeah, put that in, it's their "Good" album. Not with Rush! 1022.gif

But honestly, I usually hover all over the 80's stuff, Show of Hands Video is where I heard alot of my favorites for the first time. So I had to pick '80's.

P.S. Anyone who would actually say that anyone who likes RTB and/or Counterparts is worthless has the "Hitler" opinion syndrome. And you see where he ended up! firedevil.gif