Give me your DREAMS

Tom Sawyer

Dreams--

Not the Dreams by The Allman Brothers Band, not Dreams by Fleetwood Mac or even Dreams by Van Halen. biggrin.gif

Would you care to share your dreams?

Not your aspirations, desires, hopes and fantasies, (well you can if you want)...but I'm speaking the the "nocturnal" variety.

Last night, I had another weird one, this time I'm going somewhere, not sure where, but going on a small commuter jet, (never been on one of those) and I'm by myself (no wife or kids) and as I'm approaching the plane, I notice some pilots are accompanied by instructors, a woman who was in my line started to vebally object to flying with an amature pilot (trainee, if you will) and suggesting it was unsafe, and there where flight attendance trying to calm her down, and reassure her that there was nothing to worry about. I was standing next to this woman, suddenly I became worried now, as we both approached the boarding podium on the tarmac, I said there was nothing to worry about, I looked down and notice my fly was unzipped, I quickly quipped "see, look my fly is down, that's good luck, see, everthing will be fine". I then proceeded to zip-up, while listen to the laughs around me. Tension breaker. We boarded and then I sat next to the woman and started visiting with her.

Any psych majors want to take a stab at this one? fing.gif

Edited by pinkfloyd1973

I had a cool one the other night:

I was traveling in a camper with Stephen King and Steven Spielberg - listening to tunes, reading, and talking - while we travelled cross-country trying to track down old friends of ours. Odd, but cool.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 18 2006, 01:37 PM)
I had a cool one the other night:

I was traveling in a camper with Stephen King and Steven Spielberg - listening to tunes, reading, and talking - while we travelled cross-country trying to track down old friends of ours. Odd, but cool.

ohmy.gif

Ihad one months ago where I was camping with Steven Spielberg too, no kidding, that's too funny. confused13.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Oct 18 2006, 07:21 PM)
I don't dream any more..
haven't had one in soo long.

You dream, or enter the dream state, every 90 minutes or so during a night's sleep. When you don't remember them, it means you sleep pretty deeply smile.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Oct 18 2006, 03:23 PM)
Dreams--
Not the Dreams by The Allman Brothers Band, not  Dreams by Fleetwood Mac or even Dreams by Van Halen. biggrin.gif

Would you care to share your dreams?
Not your aspirations, desires, hopes and fantasies, (well you can if you want)...but I'm speaking the the "nocturnal" variety.

Last night, I had another weird one, this time I'm going somewhere, not sure where, but going on a small commuter jet, (never been on one of those) and I'm by myself (no wife or kids) and as I'm approaching the plane, I notice some pilots are accompanied by instructors, a woman who was in my line started to vebally object to flying with an amature pilot (trainee, if you will) and suggesting it was unsafe, and there where flight attendance trying to calm her down, and reassure her that there was nothing to worry about. I was standing next to this woman, suddenly I became worried now, as we both approached the boarding podium on the tarmac, I said there was nothing to worry about, I looked down and notice my fly was unzipped, I quickly quipped "see, look my fly is down, that's good luck, see, everthing will be fine". I then proceeded to zip-up, while listen to the laughs around me. Tension breaker. We boarded and then I sat next to the woman and started visiting with her.

Any psych majors want to take a stab at this one?  fing.gif

Any psych majors want to take a stab at this one? 

Subconsciously, maybe you might have been affected by the death of Cory Lidle..

Most of my dreams don't make much sense but I've had a few I've remembered over the years.

When I was a kid and my mother was sick, my mother's sister would come down to our house every morning during the summer and take us to her place to spend the day as we had no parental supervision while our dad was at work. Well, I'm laying there sleeping and dreaming one morning and in the dream I'm on the floor in a sleeping bag in this huge warehouse-looking building along with hundreds of other people in sleeping bags. Suddenly while I'm talking to the folks around me a pillow comes sailing out of nowhere and hits me. WTF? I shrug and throw it back in the direction it came from. A few seconds later it comes sailing back and hits me again. This time I wake up and it's my aunt throwing a pillow at me to wake me up.

I don't have an actual recurring dream, but I have recurring themes in them. In the one I've had pretty much all my life, I'm always being stalked by something - a man with a knife, an unknown entity that killed everyone in the college dorm except me, a 50-foot-tall snake (I was waiting for Godzilla to show up in that one, but he never did. z7shysterical.gif ) Whatever it is is never actually chasing me - it's just out there, somewhere, and I have to keep out of its way because if it finds me, it'll kill me.

I also have another one (from well before 9/11) where I dream that I witness a plane crash. If I actually see the plane hit the ground in the dream (like once I dreamed a 747 made a belly landing on the road outside my house) it never catches fire or anything, even though I'm always afraid it will. But if the plane goes out of sight before it crashes, there's always a terrible explosion.

The two scariest dreams I've ever had both happened in college. In the first one, I dreamed that I woke up four minutes before my alarm closk was set to go off, so I switched the alarm off and put on the radio - only to hear that high-pitched alert from the emergency broadcast system. Seconds later a man's voice came on, frantically talking about a state of emergency and bombs - then said that the missles had been fired and in four minutes we'd be blown off the face of the map. I wanted to get in my car and try to get away, but I knew I couldn't, there wasn't anything I could do - and I was wishing I'd slept throguh the alarm and never known what happened. I just started saying to myself in the dream "Wake up, wake up, please just let me wake up--" and finally, I did. I was never so happy to see a Monday morning...

In the other really freaky one, all I remember was being down in what looked like a storm cellar or a fallout shelter with bright pink cinderblock walls, looking around at all these cans stacked in pyramids and wondering how on earth we were supposed to figure out what was in them if there weren't any labels. The door at the top of the steps creaked open, letting in this gash of yellow light, and I looked around and asked the friend I was with "Is that you?" I saw a shadow on the wall about to come down the steps - and I don't remember what it really was, but I started awake in a panic just about a half-second away from screaming.

Had a funny one a few nights ago where Geddy and Alex were trying to help me find my car in the mall parking lot after I couldn't remember where I'd parked it. We never did find that darn dragon, either... (It's one of my nicknames for my car... blush4.gif )

I had a dream I stole a bike and took it for a joy ride.... a custom bike kinda like the OCC ones.... When I returned the bike to him we got to talking and he said I could ride with him anytime but that I could drive it since I don't have my licence to drive them....

Guess I just needed that escape from whats happening right now and if I can't do it in really life I can do it in my dreams..... angry.gif f**k I miss riding.... wish AGP lived closer so I could steal a ride from her sad.gif ... if she'd let me blush4.gif

QUOTE (Maddy @ Oct 19 2006, 05:40 AM)
I don't have an actual recurring dream, but I have recurring themes in them. In the one I've had pretty much all my life, I'm always being stalked by something - a man with a knife, an unknown entity that killed everyone in the college dorm except me, a 50-foot-tall snake (I was waiting for Godzilla to show up in that one, but he never did. z7shysterical.gif ) Whatever it is is never actually chasing me - it's just out there, somewhere, and I have to keep out of its way because if it finds me, it'll kill me.

I also have another one (from well before 9/11) where I dream that I witness a plane crash. If I actually see the plane hit the ground in the dream (like once I dreamed a 747 made a belly landing on the road outside my house) it never catches fire or anything, even though I'm always afraid it will. But if the plane goes out of sight before it crashes, there's always a terrible explosion.

The two scariest dreams I've ever had both happened in college. In the first one, I dreamed that I woke up four minutes before my alarm closk was set to go off, so I switched the alarm off and put on the radio - only to hear that high-pitched alert from the emergency broadcast system. Seconds later a man's voice came on, frantically talking about a state of emergency and bombs - then said that the missles had been fired and in four minutes we'd be blown off the face of the map. I wanted to get in my car and try to get away, but I knew I couldn't, there wasn't anything I could do - and I was wishing I'd slept throguh the alarm and never known what happened. I just started saying to myself in the dream "Wake up, wake up, please just let me wake up--" and finally, I did. I was never so happy to see a Monday morning...

In the other really freaky one, all I remember was being down in what looked like a storm cellar or a fallout shelter with bright pink cinderblock walls, looking around at all these cans stacked in pyramids and wondering how on earth we were supposed to figure out what was in them if there weren't any labels. The door at the top of the steps creaked open, letting in this gash of yellow light, and I looked around and asked the friend I was with "Is that you?" I saw a shadow on the wall about to come down the steps - and I don't remember what it really was, but I started awake in a panic just about a half-second away from screaming.

Had a funny one a few nights ago where Geddy and Alex were trying to help me find my car in the mall parking lot after I couldn't remember where I'd parked it. We never did find that darn dragon, either... (It's one of my nicknames for my car... blush4.gif )

I have had re-occuring dreams, that's weird too.

I have had dreams that I am on a suspension bridge and then it breaks, then I reaching for the slats that are up ahead, narrowly escaping falling... then suddenly awake.

Then there are those dreams... you know (*wink*wink*) that you have that are like... ah-hem, yeah. :smirk:

BTW do girls have *those* kind of dreams too? unsure.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Oct 19 2006, 11:39 AM)
Then there are those dreams... you know (*wink*wink*) that you have that are like... ah-hem, yeah. :smirk:
BTW do girls have *those* kind of dreams too? unsure.gif

Those "I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night" dreams? Oh yeah, we do, too.

Not all bad, though - it's probably the only way I'll ever get to do the Black Dog with Robert Plant.

Seriously. The funniest part was, there were several other dreams I had over the course of a couple of weeks leading up to - that one.

And yes, I was asleep. laugh.gif And in a very good mood the next day.

QUOTE (Trance @ Oct 18 2006, 07:03 PM)
In my weirdest dream to date, I was on a snow covered mountain. . . Rush music was playing from somewhere. . . and I was kicking the crap out of some hamburgers.

spit6ph.gif Trance, I'm not laughing at you no.gif I just pictured you beating the crap out of hamburgers laugh.gif

You think yours is bad, get this one.

A couple of weeks ago, I woke up in a sweat. I was in a nice house unsure.gif and, a man pulled a gun on me! He was explaining why he was going to shoot me. Then he did! I was thinking, 'I can't believe I'm shot'.....the man was Jack Nicholsen wacko.gif confused13.gif laugh.gif

After that I kept looking over my shoulder, when I was out scared.gif

fing.gif

:bump: Bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one...

I had what I think was my first TRF dream last night. We were driving around in RUSHHEAD666's van (a black van, the type stoners had back in the 70s & 80s) which had two flat tires on one side, and Greyfriar was in the back, smoking :smoke: . Someone had two extra tickets to see Prince so I put them up for sale to get some money and some lady offered me $957 for both. I met her in a bar to make the sale and it turned out Rush was playing there. It was an odd setup with a small stage set all the way over to the right side of the room. The announcer came on and said something to the effect of "Here's Rush playing La Villa Strangiato" so they were forced to start with that song, but we all knew the show was supposed to start with one of the Clockwork Angels songs so we wondered how they were going to recover from that. Then I called Tombstone Mountain to tell him all about it.

My brain is weird.

I had what I think was my first TRF dream last night. We were driving around in RUSHHEAD666's van (a black van, the type stoners had back in the 70s & 80s) which had two flat tires on one side, and Greyfriar was in the back, smoking :smoke: . Someone had two extra tickets to see Prince so I put them up for sale to get some money and some lady offered me $957 for both. I met her in a bar to make the sale and it turned out Rush was playing there. It was an odd setup with a small stage set all the way over to the right side of the room. The announcer came on and said something to the effect of "Here's Rush playing La Villa Strangiato" so they were forced to start with that song, but we all knew the show was supposed to start with one of the Clockwork Angels songs so we wondered how they were going to recover from that. Then I called Tombstone Mountain to tell him all about it.

My brain is weird.

Oh yeah, then I was awoken from that dream by a cat standing ON MY HEAD. Sheesh!

My brain is weird.

Oh yeah, then I was awoken from that dream by a cat standing ON MY HEAD. Sheesh!

:LMAO:

Glad I left a permanent impression since we met. :)

• Like 1

My brain is weird.

:LMAO:

Glad I left a permanent impression since we met. :)

I'm guessing the dream was mimicking reality as best it could. The Prince tickets were actually a pair of Prince (the brand) tennis shoes BUT nobody offered you any money. The bar in the dream was simply a bar you all had gone when you originally met. Rush playing there was just a run of the mill bar band but you were fantasizing (at the time then dreaming later) "What if Rush were playing here". Heavy pot use may cause intense daydreaming. You dreamt about it last night because heavy pot use can also affect dreams if smoked before sleeping. I know what I'm talking about. After all, my last name is "Blaze". :blaze:

• Like 1