• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#461 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4740 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

I went through my collection, and took pictures so that I can keep track of what I have.  Heres my paperbacks.  https://imgur.com/a/kcfue

And next Tuesday the 26th Sleeping Beauties comes out.  Written by Stephen and his son Owen.

Sponsored Post

#462 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99594 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 17 September 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

I went through my collection, and took pictures so that I can keep track of what I have.  Heres my paperbacks.  https://imgur.com/a/kcfue

And next Tuesday the 26th Sleeping Beauties comes out.  Written by Stephen and his son Owen.
That's a lot of KING books!

#463 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4740 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 18 September 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

I found four more after taking the pictures.  And I still have to organize my hardcovers.

#464 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99594 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 18 September 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

I found four more after taking the pictures.  And I still have to organize my hardcovers.
Where do you store them all?

#465 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4740 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 18 September 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 18 September 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

I've got a book shelf that has all of my hardcovers and a few soft covers.  I've also got shelves built into my closet, on each side, that have lots of books on them.

#466 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 86475 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

Crikey!  :cool:

#467 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4740 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

View PostBabycat, on 18 September 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

Crikey!  :cool:

I might have a slight problem.

#468 queenshall

queenshall

The Seeker

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Music , sports ( Football , the proper one , kicking a round ball!! ), wild life , Ornithology.

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

Ok, what's your opinions on this ?. I am currently reading the Dark Tower series again. Now I have read some chaps prefered order of reading that intersects in the order that a number of SK's other novels should be read, for example Gunslinger followed by The Drawing of the Three then The Stand ect, ect. The reasoning being that it is the introduction of certain characters that happens are better explained.....interesting concept that I am going to attempt.

#469 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99594 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:32 PM

This thread keeps coming back just like a monster from a Stephen King story...

#470 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99594 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:38 PM

View Postqueenshall, on 27 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Ok, what's your opinions on this ?. I am currently reading the Dark Tower series again. Now I have read some chaps prefered order of reading that intersects in the order that a number of SK's other novels should be read, for example Gunslinger followed by The Drawing of the Three then The Stand ect, ect. The reasoning being that it is the introduction of certain characters that happens are better explained.....interesting concept that I am going to attempt.
I just read them as they were released. I originally read King novels in 1987, so I read everything he had from October 1987 to about May 1988 on and off. So then the Dark Tower just had two releases, but I don't think a copy The Drawing of the Three was released in the UK until 1989 on Sphere Books.

This is mine:

Posted Image

#471 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4740 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:13 PM

Read Salem's Lot and possibly The Stand before hitting The Dark Tower.  Then Blast through those 8 books.  As you read further into his catalogue later on, you'll realize that 90% of his books have some sort of connection to The Dark Tower.

I've got Bag of Bones, Lisey's Storey, Just After Sunset, Skeleton Screw, Nightmares & Dreamscapes left to go.   Hopefully be able to get them all finished before The Institute releases in October?

#472 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2258 posts
  • Interests:Retired

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:33 PM

A little off topic maybe, but Apple just signed a deal to create a TV series based on Lisey's Story. it'll be written by King and star Julianne Moore.

#473 Derek19

Derek19

The Professor

• Members
  • 4179 posts
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 04 May 2019 - 01:11 PM

View Postqueenshall, on 27 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

I've read "the "Dark Tower series" including "the Wind Through the Keyhole".  I've liked them, and had no problems understanding anything in them.

Edited by Derek19, 04 May 2019 - 01:11 PM.

#474 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17418 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Internet surfing, playing bass, TV and movies, reading, writing, hard rock, classic rock, progressive rock, 80s New Wave, classical, jazz, sunshine pop, space age bachelor pad music.

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:45 AM

I've now read and twice re-read a great King novella called "A Good Marriage," from Full Dark No Stars.  Suspenseful story about a woman who discovers evidence that her husband might be a notorious serial killer.  (Bad movie adaptation with Anthony LaPaglia and Joan Allen.)

Edited by GeddyRulz, 26 May 2019 - 08:59 AM.

#475 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:15 PM

Hey I have a question. A woman I spoke to briefly in a book store mentioned this to me and I was wondering if it was actually true. I"m not a Stephen King expert so I don't know. Anyway, she said that after his accident where he was almost killed(in late 90's I think) he started to use a lot of swear words in his books. She said he didn't do that much before then. It was like the accident had some sort of negative effect on his brain and he  became vulgar. Is there any truth to that?

#476 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25822 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

Currently reading Finders Keepers, just finished Mr. Mercedes I've already read The Outsider, so a little backwards.

I really appreciate the focus on character development in these later works.  If you haven't yet read Duma Key, I highly recommend it!

ETA - I have always loved Stephen King unapologetically.  But I've been on a kick since a short hospital stay when I needed long reads!

Edited by Mara, 10 February 2020 - 10:35 PM.

#477 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99594 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:59 PM

View PostNew_World_Man, on 13 June 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Hey I have a question. A woman I spoke to briefly in a book store mentioned this to me and I was wondering if it was actually true. I"m not a Stephen King expert so I don't know. Anyway, she said that after his accident where he was almost killed(in late 90's I think) he started to use a lot of swear words in his books. She said he didn't do that much before then. It was like the accident had some sort of negative effect on his brain and he  became vulgar. Is there any truth to that?
Not at all King has always used profane language throughout his whole career.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: segue myles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users