Stephen King fest

treeduck

The Youtube account associated with that video has been terminated. :(

Sorry about that dude, if you didn't catch it was quite good...will keep looking...

I watched it live, disappointed I can't watch it again.

Ahh, yeah, same :( I hate the way YT is going.

Has anybody picked up Bazaar Of Bad Dreams yet?

I have the Kindle version and am saving it until I finish my re-read of the Harry Potter series. Currently on Order of the Phoenix. Can't wait to start Bazaar of Bad Dreams though. I love his short story collections.

Edited by catherine

I recently decided to revisit King's work & read them in chronological order. So far I've read Carrie & Salem's Lot & have just started The Shining. Really gripping stuff.

Have you read most of his stuff before? Or are you starting fresh. Enjoy the journey.

I recently decided to revisit King's work & read them in chronological order. So far I've read Carrie & Salem's Lot & have just started The Shining. Really gripping stuff.

Have you read most of his stuff before? Or are you starting fresh. Enjoy the journey.

I've read Carrie, Salem's Lot, Firestarter & Christine before when in my early teens but none of the others. The Shining is the first one that's completely new to me.

I have the Kindle version and am saving it until I finish my re-read of the Harry Potter series. Currently on Order of the Phoenix. Can't wait to start Bazaar of Bad Dreams though. I love his short story collections.

I'm about halfway through it now. King is an amazing short story writer.

I just finished reading Herman Wouk Is Still Alive. King is a genius.

I finally started reading the book yesterday. I had already read Mile 81 but I hated to skip it so I am reading it again anyway.

• Like 1

I finally started reading the book yesterday. I had already read Mile 81 but I hated to skip it so I am reading it again anyway.

I'm almost done. Bad Little Kid and Blockade Billy are two of my favorites.

• Like 1

I almost never say this about a SK book, and I have read every one, some more than once, but I am so far underwhelmed. I am only a few stories into but I am not enthralled yet. Hope it gets better.

I almost never say this about a SK book, and I have read every one, some more than once, but I am so far underwhelmed. I am only a few stories into but I am not enthralled yet. Hope it gets better.

I felt that way about Finders Keepers. Other than the poetry, which does nothing for me, I found the stories to be entertaining enough.

• Like 1

I felt that way about Finders Keepers. Other than the poetry, which does nothing for me, I found the stories to be entertaining enough.

It is getting much better now. I guess that first few just didn't connect with me but I am in the groove now.

Mr. Mercedes left me kinda cold but I liked Finders Keepers a bit more. I didn't dig the love interest thing in Mr. Mercedes but with that out of the way in Finders Keepers I way free to get into the story.

Hey, all! First post on TRF in quite a long time. "Where'd GR go?" Well, Rush just doesn't have as much IMPORTANCE in my life as they once did.

Anyhoo. Thinking of reading some King again, and wanted a recommendation. Should I read:

Under the Dome

11/22/63

The Stand (re-read, first time since '88)