Stephen King fest

treeduck

I'm about 75% through 11/22/63. This book should be made into a movie.

:yes:

Taking forever on The Dome. This book doesn't do it for me. I was expecting another IT and it failed.

That's what I was thinking it might be. I've not read it yet, I have a King backlog, but I'm just not in novel-reading mode at the moment.

I think a lot of long time King readers often grab the latest King book and hope it's going to be another IT, or The Shining, or The Stand or Salem's Lot but all you get nowadays (or last time I read the latest one) is a watered down Misery, or a watered down Tommyknockers , or a boring rehash of Christine. I think King peaked in the 80s,

Taking forever on The Dome. This book doesn't do it for me. I was expecting another IT and it failed.

That's what I was thinking it might be. I've not read it yet, I have a King backlog, but I'm just not in novel-reading mode at the moment.

I think a lot of long time King readers often grab the latest King book and hope it's going to be another IT, or The Shining, or The Stand or Salem's Lot but all you get nowadays (or last time I read the latest one) is a watered down Misery, or a watered down Tommyknockers , or a boring rehash of Christine. I think King peaked in the 80s,

What bugs me about this book is that not that it's a bad story, but it's focused around a town of rednecks and they speak like rednecks. Fine.

Speaking from the author, the words are still written like a redneck. I'm not sure what the point of that is.

What bugs me about this book is that not that it's a bad story, but it's focused around a town of rednecks and they speak like rednecks. Fine.

Speaking from the author, the words are still written like a redneck. I'm not sure what the point of that is.

King loves his feudin' folks.

I'll get around to reading it eventually.

I was about halfway through, then the story started to get moving. Then a brutal scene made me have to put it down for a while and continue my other books.

There are way too many characters in the book. I recommend looking at the chart he gives you at the beginning and keep referring to it until you get to know the character.

I was about halfway through, then the story started to get moving. Then a brutal scene made me have to put it down for a while and continue my other books.

There are way too many characters in the book. I recommend looking at the chart he gives you at the beginning and keep referring to it until you get to know the character.

A chart to keep track of characters? I don't think I've ever seen that before. He should concentrate on creating a good story rather than juggling as many characters as possible.

A scene that made me feel queasy was in The Dead Zone when Johnny Smith is having operations on his legs.

A chart to keep track of characters? I don't think I've ever seen that before. He should concentrate on creating a good story rather than juggling as many characters as possible.

A scene that made me feel queasy was in The Dead Zone when Johnny Smith is having operations on his legs.

Yup, huge list... even names of a few family dogs.

I haven't read Dead Zone. Awesome movie though.

It's worth reading if you haven't, it's one of his best. All the early ones are good.

It's worth reading if you haven't, it's one of his best. All the early ones are good.

I liked Under The Dome, although the end was kinda lame which I have always found to be par for the course with his books...well, most of the time.

His early books were great, Salems Lot is still one of my all time faves.

The Dead Zone was really good too, better than the movie.

I'd go for that. :)

Stephen King should write a story about a scary Babycat, an extra large one that terrorizes a small New England town! :pussy:

• Like 1

Stephen King should write a story about a scary Babycat, an extra large one that terrorizes a small New England town! :pussy:

What...Little ol' innocent moi..? :o

:P :LMAO: :blush: ;)

Aye! :o :smoke: :hi:

• Like 1

:blush: :smoke: :coy: :pussy: :blush: :blaze:

• Like 1

:pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: Now there's many frightening babycats on the loose!! :outtahere:

• Like 1

:pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: Now there's many frightening babycats on the loose!! :outtahere:

:D :pussy: :D *prrrrrrrr..! :D :pussy: :D

;)

Looking forward to Doctor Sleep finally being released. It'll be cool to see what little Danny is up to these days.
  • Like 1