43 replies to this topic

#41 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:48 PM

I actually met stephen King a few years back in Sandbornville NH.     I was working in a convenient  store that sold gas.  i pumped hi gas. he was a very nice guy...i wish i had a copy of one of his books  so he could sign it.  All i have is the memories.  ♥

Sponsored Post

#42 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

View PostBabycat, on 25 June 2017 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 24 June 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 24 June 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

I love Stephen King in "Creepshow."
I keep forgetting about Creepshow. This one traumatized 5 year old Union.

"Meteor s***!"
"Jordy Verrill, you lunkhead!"
Discovering where else the green stuff is: "Oh, no, not there!

Brilliant!  :lol:

I tried to get through The Stand when I was a young lad and avid reader.  I couldn't do it.

I have read:

"The Shining"
"Christine"
"It"
"Needful Things"

#43 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:34 AM

I'm amazed that this thread got brought back to life, when there was a different thread on page 2 of this forum.

http://www.therushfo...phen-king-fest/

#44 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17345 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Internet surfing, TV and movies, Health and fitness, writing, reading, hard rock, classic rock, progressive rock, 80s New Wave, classical, jazz, sunshine pop, space age bachelor pad music.

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 June 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

I tried to get through The Stand when I was a young lad and avid reader.  I couldn't do it.

I had two false starts with it myself, but on the third attempt I could NOT put it down.  It remains my favorite King book, and many King readers feel the same.

I got into King when I got a job at a bookstore.  "Misery" was his new hardcover then, and I bought it and read it.  Then I was off to the races.  Strangers would see me reading King and start conversations with me.  They all kept saying The Stand was his best, and I'd never even heard of it before - it was an older book and hadn't been made into a movie (yet).  So then I gave it a try, and as I said, it didn't grab me the first two tries; third time was the charm.  What was I thinking those first two attempts?  This book is awesome!

Edited by GeddyRulz, 04 July 2017 - 01:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users