Autographs (real)

tatudbassman

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 17 2004, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Nov 17 2004, 05:37 PM)
Hey everyone.  I don't have a lot of time now, but quickly - I have several of Neil's.  He is the only one I collect.  First thing - BEWARE OF RUSH AUTOGRAPHS ON EBAY!!!!!  The majority, especially of Neil's are fake!!! I can't stress this enough.  I really hate to burst your bubble YYZ, but that is NOT Neil's autograph on that lp cover - not even close.  I can add more later, and would be happy to help.  Greg

??? 'not YYZ's bubble ur burstin' Syrinx sad.gif I got a COA with the LP when i got it off eBay.... sad.gif can u PM me so we can chat about this?

I also noticed, but I just wanted to post.

rofl3.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a pic of my 'Feedback' album that Geddy and Alex signed. I love that they personalized it to me. I would also never buy an autograph from ebay, who knows what's real. I also wouldn't say that a sig is a fake just by looking at an internet pic, some people sign different ways at different times. The sigs on my back look completely different from the ones on 'Feedback' and they were done about 20 seconds apart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/pixey/feedback.jpg

QUOTE (rushfreak @ Nov 17 2004, 08:29 PM)
Here's a pic of my 'Feedback' album that Geddy and Alex signed. I love that they personalized it to me. I would also never buy an autograph from ebay, who knows what's real. I also wouldn't say that a sig is a fake just by looking at an internet pic, some people sign different ways at different times. The sigs on my back look completely different from the ones on 'Feedback' and they were done about 20 seconds apart.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/pixey/feedback.jpg

RF, that is soooooooo cool! Love the pic in your sig, too! Awesome!

Sorry - my mistake. I hated to burst lakeside maidens bubble. I misread who first showed the lp cover. First coa's are worthless!! If someone is going to sell fake autographs, they can print a coa on their computer and sign it - so what?! rushfreak - there probably will be some difference - signing on a body part is not the same as on a cd! smile.gif I didn't comment on the other two signatures because I don't know them as well, but I do know Neil's. And authentic Neil Peart autographs vary very little even over the years. The one on the lp is way too different from his authentic one. Check out this link to Andrew Macnaughtan's web site. This is 100% guaranteed real.

http://www.andrewmacnaughtan.net/i.html

You might have to cut and paste the link as I am not sure how to post it properly or load a pic. lakeside maiden - feel free to contact me directly. Again I am new here, and haven't figured out how to do that yet. Greg

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 18 2004, 05:51 PM)
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/d2/b4/bf_1_b.JPG

Just in time for Christmas, not bad biggrin.gif. I might just have to pick that one up.

ok - where did you get that?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 18 2004, 05:51 PM)
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/d2/b4/bf_1_b.JPG

Just in time for Christmas, not bad biggrin.gif.  I might just have to pick that one up.

Yeah, we've got 2 of those so Pixey and I don't argue over who's going to hang it on the tree. yes.gif

When we bought them it was a about 8 years ago for about 5 bucks. My Mom got me one at Walgreens and I got Mikes at some record store in the mall for the same price. Try your major record retailer, like FYE or maybe even Spencers. Try doing a Google search for retailers.

I must agree with the Ebay argument ; be very careful because most auto'd material sold on Ebay is indeed fake.

Usually, if one is lucky enough to meet Ged, Alex, or Neil, they "personalize" whatever they autograph. For example, when Ged and Alex signed my old high school jacket, (with RUSH logo on the back), they signed "To Ken, best wishes, etc., etc."). Unless it's for a contest or charity, they usually personalize auto'd material as they are wary of the signatures being sold on Ebay or elsewhere.

Having meet Neil twice, (once in Morin Heights at a grocery store; a quick, cordial, and polite "meet and greet"/handshake), and the second time to auto my copy of "Ghost Rider", he also personalized his autograph in much the same manner ; "Thanks Ken, enjoy the book, etc., etc.").

I will however say this ; having met all three members, all were very cordial, polite, and took a couple of minutes to chat. Friendly, good-ol' Canadian boys !!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ChefEllwood @ Nov 19 2004, 04:15 PM)
I must agree with the Ebay argument ; be very careful because most auto'd material sold on Ebay is indeed fake.
Usually, if one is lucky enough to meet Ged, Alex, or Neil, they "personalize" whatever they autograph. For example, when Ged and Alex signed my old high school jacket, (with RUSH logo on the back), they signed "To Ken, best wishes, etc., etc."). Unless it's for a contest or charity, they usually personalize auto'd material as they are wary of the signatures being sold on Ebay or elsewhere.
Having meet Neil twice, (once in Morin Heights at a grocery store; a quick, cordial, and polite "meet and greet"/handshake), and the second time to auto my copy of "Ghost Rider", he also personalized his autograph in much the same manner ; "Thanks Ken, enjoy the book, etc., etc.").
I will however say this ; having met all three members, all were very cordial, polite, and took a couple of minutes to chat. Friendly, good-ol' Canadian boys !!! biggrin.gif

That's very awesome Chef!!! trink39.gif Getting an autograph from Neil is very much a score considering that it is well known he usually avoids doing that! Thanx for sharing!

QUOTE (tatudbassman @ Nov 16 2004, 10:45 PM)
2.gif How can I get my hands on Geddy's, Neil's, and Alex's autographs? GeddyFinal.gif

Hey Bassman, any luck on those autographs?? I finally found my CP Tourbook where Alex and Geddy signed. Scanned it this morning. You can tell it's authentic, as Neil's is MISSING. laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/RushAutographs-low.jpg

And this makes my 1,001th post. Thanks for all those who allowed this forum's existence, and thanks to all those who actually put up with my previous 1,000. smile.gif

A good friend of mine was flying out to Australia from Vancouver airport about 10 years ago. It was quite late at night, the airport was nearly dead he tells me and he headed to an ATM to get out some cash and guess who was the only person in front of him using the machine? Geddy Lee with who I would assume was his wife.

My buddy didn't know what to do or say, and when Geddy was done with the ATM, my friend pulled out a pen and said "it would really mean alot to my good friend in Toronto if you would sign an autograph."

Two weeks later after my friends trip, he gave me the sig, on on the back of an airline stub tongue.gif

It's in my (hidden) envelope with all my concert tickets dating back to the 80's. I shall try to dig it up, haven't seen it in years.

Thought I would share bekloppt.gif

Archived