Black Label Society...

Cygnalschick

I happen to be a big fan of Zakk Wylde, ever since he started playing with Ozzy back in 87' on the No Rest For The Wicked album. He left Ozzy to do the BLS thing, and since has put out some great rock and roll albums. I especially love the Black Sabbath influence he has. His lighter stuff, like Book of Shadows and Hangover Music, also show his southern influence.

Anyway, BLS has a new album coming out soon called Shot to Hell. It's been awhile since I've put on one of my BLS cd's, but am thinking I'll pick up the new one. Was wondering how many, if any, fans may be here on the board.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Aug 29 2006, 03:49 PM)
I happen to be a big fan of Zakk Wylde, ever since he started playing with Ozzy back in 87' on the No Rest For The Wicked album. He left Ozzy to do the BLS thing, and since has put out some great rock and roll albums. I especially love the Black Sabbath influence he has. His lighter stuff, like Book of Shadows and Hangover Music, also show his southern influence.

Anyway, BLS has a new album coming out soon called Shot to Hell. It's been awhile since I've put on one of my BLS cd's, but am thinking I'll pick up the new one. Was wondering how many, if any, fans may be here on the board.

trink39.gif

Yeah I like them.

Have you heard anything from the new album yet?

If not there's two new songs here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=34131410

Like I said elsewhere, I'm a music writer and I interviewed Zakk the other day....very funny man. Total lunatic, in fact. I could hardly get a word in for 20 minutes!

And BTW, he hasn't left Ozzy....he'll be playing on the next Ozzy album.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 29 2006, 07:50 PM)
Like I said elsewhere, I'm a music writer and I interviewed Zakk the other day....very funny man. Total lunatic, in fact. I could hardly get a word in for 20 minutes!

BLS I think started as a Zakk solo side project during the Ozzy off-season. It just grew bigger as it got more and more successful. I don't think Zakk ever officially left Ozzy's band although Ozzy did advertise for auditions last year and asked Buckethead to join, providing he got rid of the bucket which of course he didn't...

I'm a fan! My favorite BLS song is probably "13 Years of Grief". Zakk Wyle kicks all kinds of ass, and he has a cool beard. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Roddy @ Aug 29 2006, 06:50 PM)

Very cool! I actually had the pleasure of meeting him once as well. I got to hang out on his tourbus in Austin, Tx one night. What a cool, polite guy. I kept asking him to sign stuff, and he kept saying "whatever you need doll."

As far as the Ozzy thing, yeah I know he hasn't 'left'. I just know that BLS is basically his permanent gig. But I absolutely love his guitar work on No Rest...., No More Tears, and Ozzmosis. Great albums. I'll be curious to hear what Ozzy has up his sleeve for the next one. trink39.gif

Holy f***in thread bump batman!

I saw BLS on monday, so I searched for a thread and this is what came up. I guess that's a good enough reason to try and bring the thread back.

BLS was really good. As usual it was a good rockin live show with very little talking or other bullshit. They plowed through the first six songs without Zakk even saying a word. I loved that about their shows. They just get right down to business and don't screw around. Zakk did goof around a little bit though when he was introducing the band members but that was it. During Fire It Up Zakk walked through the crowd up to the top level and was playing on top of the bar on both sides of the venue. I've seen them a number of times before and he's never done that, so it was pretty cool to see. We also got a live debut from the new album with A Love Unreal. Which I loved since Zakk's work on that song is amazing. Some of the best stuff he's done I think. The set was well balanced with four new songs and the rest being old favorites. Nothing off the first two albums though. They don't seem to bother too much with them. Not sure if Zakk doesn't care for them or if it's just a case of the albums that came after being more popular so he focuses on those. Either way it was still a great show.

Here's the set for anyone interested. Those first four songs! Holf f***in shit what a way to start a show! :haz:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/black-label-society/2018/town-ballroom-buffalo-ny-23eef45f.html