How awesome are Rush live!!??!!

the_scorpion

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 18 2004, 11:06 AM)
I've never seen them LIVE live, but I thought and still think that I like alot of their stuff from RiR and Show of Hands better than the studio stuff. Alex sounds alot heavier on RiR and I love it. I loved the Pass the first time I had ever heard it was from RiR. After that I was buying all the CD's and kept saying "Damn, which one is that on" I finally found Presto, and after listening to that CD, I couldn't believe it was on there. I hated Presto with a passion at first, but I now love it, if only for Chain Lightning, Pass, and Available Light! yes.gif

Never seen them live???? We are gonna have to change that for you next tour - meet up with us and you will have an unforgettable time. yes.gif

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 18 2004, 11:06 AM)
I've never seen them LIVE live, but I thought and still think that I like alot of their stuff from RiR and Show of Hands better than the studio stuff. Alex sounds alot heavier on RiR and I love it. I loved the Pass the first time I had ever heard it was from RiR. After that I was buying all the CD's and kept saying "Damn, which one is that on" I finally found Presto, and after listening to that CD, I couldn't believe it was on there. I hated Presto with a passion at first, but I now love it, if only for Chain Lightning, Pass, and Available Light! yes.gif

never seen them live??? Holy crap King u haven't heard ( or seen) anything yet!!! It will change your life! It sure did for me! Saw them 4 first time on VT tour in 2002...seen them 4 times all together now

Arg how I hope I do get ot see them!

When the 30th Ann. tour was announced, I was so ready! But I kept saying, ah, they'll never come anywhere near Memphis, TN... Such a crap place... but all be damned, the first date was Nashville! I can make that! But the tickets were sold out... sad.gif

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Nov 18 2004, 12:44 PM)
Arg how I hope I do get ot see them!

When the 30th Ann. tour was announced, I was so ready! But I kept saying, ah, they'll never come anywhere near Memphis, TN... Such a crap place... but all be damned, the first date was Nashville! I can make that! But the tickets were sold out... sad.gif

You should come here next time for tickets. Not only will we be announcing presale (I got third row in front of Alex for opening night through presale) and giving the password for presale to members here, but we will also have a network for people to get tickets from each other (extras, etc).

Nashville was awesome - ya better be at opening night next time!!

QUOTE (Billy Jack @ Nov 18 2004, 01:40 PM)
a lot louder.

rofl3.gif That's too funny.... and welcome Billy. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Billy Jack @ Nov 18 2004, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 18 2004, 02:33 PM)
Welcome to the  2.gif Forum  BillY Jack

NeilFinal.gif
            AlexFinal.gif              GeddyFinal.gif

Cool movie BTW

Thanks trink39.gif

wacko.gif fing.gif

Just got R.I.R. today!

More entertained by the interviews and things. I've never really seen Neil talk straight ahead to an interviewer, nor did I know Geddy was so gracious. Alex, of course, is always a goofball.

I've had the CD since it came out and sorta like it better than Different Stages, which seemed to me like a Test For Echo tour with a 78 show thrown into it whereas when I heard it was coming out in 1998, I thought it was going to be songs that didn't end up on All The World's A Stage, Exit & Show of Hands along with a few T4E stuff.

At any rate, the DVD seems very sweet! Glad I got it...for 15 bucks, no less! yes.gif

Petsounds75, I have to disagree, slightly! The best part of the DVD, in my opinion, is the actual concert footage, as they are simply AWESOME live!!! The 2nd DVD is entertaining in its own right, but once you've watched the docu. once, it's not as good watching it again......whereas, the concert in RDJ is watchable over and over again etc. ( The look of that guy's face when they start "Overture" of "2112"!!) BTW, what were they LIKE in the Anthem video of 1976 ??!!?? rofl3.gif All that attitude of Ged GeddyFinal.gif , the hunger for success of Alex AlexFinal.gif and the concentration and will to be the best (you are!!!) of Neil NeilFinal.gif !!!

I don't know. Different Stages sounds sort of "hallow" like it was recorded for some FM live airplay. It's great musicianship as usual, but the sound is sort of one dimensional. I'm big on sound.

R.I.R. seems to have a lot more dimension and more variety. The only great thing I think of D.S. is 2112 in it's entirety and Analog Kid. The rest? Just standards it seems. Ok, Natural Science was added.

D.S. has nowhere near the clanky high dimension of Show Of Hands, doesn't have the warm feel of Exit and doesn't have the balls that A.T.W.A.S. has.

As far as the DVD goes...man, I have the Grace Under Pressure tour VHS, Exit Stage Left VHS, Show Of Hands VHS and various boots...it's good for live, but after you've seen so much live footage of them, the documentary, for me, is a major nice break. It was my first time of seeing the group just speaking straightforward. You have to admit, they're not big "interview one on one" guys unless it's Rockline or something like that.