Lime's Question/ Help Thread

*Limelight*

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's cool to see that there's an alternative to Goob's thread. Another option is always a good thing. So here's your first question (in possibly 2 parts): Do you think that there are some questions that TOTALLY have no answer? And, if so, then can you give 3 examples of such questions?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 15 2006, 03:23 AM)
It's cool to see that there's an alternative to Goob's thread. Another option is always a good thing. So here's your first question (in possibly 2 parts): Do you think that there are some questions that TOTALLY have no answer? And, if so, then can you give 3 examples of such questions?

Well, some qustions are retorical.

Which may have answers, but not a definite one it's your own view is your answer.

As for totally no answer.....I believe not.

Unless they are SO stupid that you can't even answer them.

But even they have an answer.

There are some riddles though like:

If a tree falls in the forest and no-one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?

There is no real answer for this.

Though same my say this or that, we cannot fully proove this.

Because no-one is around to hear it.

So Johny, the answer to your question is:

Almost every question has an answer.

Unless, retorical where you only think about what it may be

or something like: If a tree falls in the forest and no-one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 15 2006, 04:51 AM)
I often get sidetracked when practising drums. is there seome way i can just sit there and practise what i'm supposed to without doing completely different things?

Well, from not seeing this before.

I can only assume that you have to many potential distractions where your drum kit it.

Remove these distractions and only keep what is needed for when you start to pratise.

And make sure the door is tightly closed or locked to make it so there are no distractions coming in.

But make sure you can hear the door knocking in case of dinner, fire or another emergency

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 15 2006, 08:14 AM)
I need a pick up during the day any Suggestions?

A pick of during the day hmm...

Well, maybe phone a friend or something and see what they are up to.

Go out for coffee or lunch

Go for a walk to a park and stay there for a bit and chat it up.

Make plans ahead of time for some certain days.

See old friends, who knows? They may want to see you alot

If all else fails, go on the live chat here

usually many people come.

Most of the time there are good conversations. (most is the key word)

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 15 2006, 12:12 PM)
I often get sidetracked when practising drums. is there seome way i can just sit there and practise what i'm supposed to without doing completely different things?

I can only assume that you have to many potential distractions where your drum kit it.

Remove these distractions and only keep what is needed for when you start to pratise.

And make sure the door is tightly closed or locked to make it so there are no distractions coming in.

But make sure you can hear the door knocking in case of dinner, fire or another emergency

thanks, but i get sidetracked with the rest of the drumset when i'm supposed to be practising on the snare.

Any suggestions for this?

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 15 2006, 11:08 AM)

thanks, but i get sidetracked with the rest of the drumset when i'm supposed to be practising on the snare.

Acutually yes i do.

If your just practicing with the snare, then practice with JUST the snare

nothing else.

The snare, drumsticks, yourself and a stool or chair that you sit on.

make sure you can't see the rest of your kit, so you won't want to play on any other parts of it.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 15 2006, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 15 2006, 11:08 AM)

Acutually yes i do.

If your just practicing with the snare, then practice with JUST the snare

nothing else.

The snare, drumsticks, yourself and a stool or chair that you sit on.

make sure you can't see the rest of your kit, so you won't want to play on any other parts of it.

alright, i can do that. Thanks smile.gif

I am glad to have found this thread. I apologize in advance however, as my question is rather long and may be hard to answer, however I would appreciate if you took the time to read it and try to answer it.

A couple of weeks ago, I met a girl. She seemed kind of nice; we talked for a little while, and she seemed to like me as well. As time went on, our relationship grew stronger. It was only a matter of a few days before we considered each other girlfriend and boyfriend.

At this point, things were very positive; at their peak. However, circumstances were about to make a turn for the worse. As it turned out, both of us are large Dream Theater fans (she doesn't like Geddy's voice -- pssh -- ). A couple days ago, she wanted me to come over to her house so that she could show me a surprise. I got there and -- she had an advanced copy of Dream Theater's 20th Anniversary concert DVD, Score, on a bigscreen! The experience was amazing, and to think that I was watching it with the nicest girl I had ever met. We even raised the love a couple notches while I was there.

The next day, I was telling a couple friends about the experience. I found out right before signing off from AIM that she already has a boyfriend. And yet she was still playing like she wanted to be with me.

Here's the question:

Where in the f***ing name of god did she get an advanced copy of Score!?!?!? angry.gif

tongue.gif

Well, i feel sorry for you first of all from the story, that she lead you on.

And to you question: Maybe she knew somebody that worked at the store, and for a price they gave it to her. Or it could have been a special gift from someone who worked at the store.

Usually people don't get advnaced copies of something unless they are a celebrity, very important, lucky, or know someone in the band/ store.

Sorry i can't give a straight answer, but that's the best answer i can give you.

Ok Lime, you last suggestion worked great, i only fooled around a bit with my isolated snare. and i was more focused, and got more done. when I got to the set, i only showed off a bit. ok. maybe alot.

Got to get writing on my solo, any suggestions for that?

Well, thanks again.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 15 2006, 02:51 PM)
Ok Lime, you last suggestion worked great, i only fooled around a bit with my isolated snare. and i was more focused, and got more done. when I got to the set, i only showed off a bit. ok. maybe alot.

Got to get writing on my solo, any suggestions for that?

Well, thanks again.

Glad it helped.

Uhm, if your doing a full solo on all of the kit.

Well, make sure you got drum gloves on, or something that will protect your hands so you don't have to stop and wince in pain.

And make sure you only concentrate on the drums.

Remove everything from the room that may distract your from playing.

if you can, try and cover all the windows so that you don't look out and get distracted by something you see.

And if your in a room with just your kit, then put a note on the door saying that unless it is super important don't bug/ knock

There you go. trink39.gif

Archived