Least favorite "Red" song?

The_Enemy_Within

What is your least favorite "Red" song?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite "Red" song?

• Red Lenses
    • Red Sector A
    • Red Tide

Okay, I really used to hate Red Lenses. I have grown to like it somewhat now, but it is still my least favorite out of the three I listed. I like the music in Red Lenses way more than I like the lyrics, so that's why it's my least fave. I love the music AND lyrics a whole hell of a lot in Red Sector A, and Red Tide. yes.gif

I like Red Sector A the least. I used to hate the song musically (love the lyrics & personal connection to Geddy). After seeing it live, it's grown on me , like the Big Money.

I can't stand Red Sector A. While I understand what the song is about I think lyrically it's very poor, makes me cringe.

Very emotive subject I know but like the rest of Grace a real low when it comes to lyrics.

If you're familiar with the song Hex by Poison Girls then you'll be aware on how they handle the topic very well.

The tune is good to RSA it's just those damn lyrics.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 6 2006, 06:34 PM)
You forgot RED Barchetta...

smile.gif

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Anyways as it so happens every Rush song with the word RED in the title is devastatingly awesome. Even Red Tide I rather enjoy in a mellower more state-of-the-planet pontification sort of manner.

2.gif

I never really got into Red Lenses confused13.gif Just never really grabbed me.

I almost voted for Red Sector A, though, because it hurts too much when I listen to it. But to provoke such a strong reaction, It was very well done (to me...) A flood of images and memories (that aren't even mine!) every time I hear it.

QUOTE (bringer of balance @ Sep 10 2007, 03:25 PM)
red lenses...this song just sucks!!!!!!!!

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

You're the only person who has successfully put 'red lenses' in lower case... tongue.gif

I don't know Red Tide well enough to vote in this just yet.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 4 2006, 04:39 AM)
I voted for Red Tide. It still hasn't grown on me.

Same here, only a few songs from Presto have so far.

I like to crank the radio up for the part near the end of Red Lenses where it's just the drums with some sporadic bass pops, the part where Geddy says "And the mercury is rising..". I LOVE that part!

Red Sector A is one of my favorite Rush songs period, so that was very safe from this list.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 11 2006, 08:51 AM)

But who doesnt like Red barchetta?

I don't. I was surprised not to find it in the poll. I'd have voted for it.. My fav Red song is Red Sector A. I also love Red Lenses

(I voted for Red Sector though cos I thought the poll was "Your most fav song".. cos I'm stupid)

Edited by HisCounterpart

Red Tide, I like the other 2