Drum samples

Shranexis0

Hey, can anyone point me to some really good sounding percussion .wav files that closely resemble Neil's Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, and Presto synth drums, if not the exact drum sounds themselves?

...especially:

-The sustained power snare in The Big Money. (I don't want a sustain pedal.)

-The sustained power snare in Time Stand Still and Prime Mover.

-The sustained power snare in Red Tide.

-The sustained rimshot-like sound in Mystic Rhythms.

-The sustained rimshot-like sound in The Pass.

-The regular and sustained hand-clap in Hold Your Fire (can't remember which song.)

-The sustained deep bassey power tom like sound that sounds like a superbass used at the end of the second stanza in Prime Mover and in the intro to Open Secrets.

-The two drums that sound like a cross between a timbale and a dog-woof, used in Scars, High Water, and Neil's drum solos.

-All of the cool tweaked tom sounding sounds from Time Stand Still, Open Secrets, High Water, Second Nature, and The Big Money.

-All the Power Windows and Hold Your Fire native drums.

-All the beats and sounds from Scars.

Edited by Shranexis0

Neil sampled the ethnic percussion himself back in the mid 80's and still uses the same set. There are hundreds, if not thousands of drum sample discs available commercially. Check the Reason site or ToonTrack.

Things you are referring to as "tweaked" may be just that. Real drums/percussion with effects and or reverb then sampled. I doubt you will find these specific sounds you want commercially though. Don't be afraid of a little work. You might learn something along the way.