Yuengling Lager

This is a favorite of mine. Really can't get it on regular basis yet (luckily I have friends/family that bring it to me from Pittsburgh), as they only sell on East coast (out of Pottsville, PA), and recently have opened a second brewery in Florida. Supposedly it has very quickly become the biggest seller in Key West, according to a bartender down there.

Who's had it?

Who likes it?

Who can get me some here in Chicago???

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had it down in FL a few years ago for the first time and liked it. Now I get to have it when I visit family in VA. It's pretty good I guess. But my absolute favorite (that I cannot buy here in GA) is Fat Tire (made by New Belgium out of Ft Carson CO). YUM!!

I live in Scranton Pa and I LOVE Yuengling. It's about all i'll drink. In a pinch, i'll drink Sam Addams, but if they don't have Yeungling... i'm screwed. The Traditional Lager is the best. I prefer the bottles. If you get it in a quart though... i think they're slipping you the regular beer. It tastes totally different than the 16 oz's.

I'm supposed to go on a tour of the facility soon. There's a ton of really good hiking areas out that way, so i should be hiking BOMBED. laugh.gif

better in a can??????????????????????????????????????

not compared to the THOUSANDS of botttles I've had.

Strange that you feel that way. That is very surprising to me.

I also like their "Black and Tan".

I cant stand their light beer.

btw, Necromancer

I see that you have a chargers emblem.

Are you a fan?

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jul 14 2006, 01:13 AM)
btw, Necromancer
I see that you have a chargers emblem.
Are you a fan?

YEP!!! GO BOLTS!!!

During the football season I run a Charger thread in Champion Players. Also a Fordham Rams thread because my son plays for them. He's going into his junior season and starts on all special teams and is backup fullback as of this moment. Still hoping he gets the start. yes.gif

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jul 14 2006, 01:12 AM)
better in a can??????????????????????????????????????
not compared to the THOUSANDS of botttles I've had.
Strange that you feel that way. That is very surprising to me.
I also like their "Black and Tan".
I cant stand their light beer.

The rumour has that where I live, the Yingies in the can come from the PA brewery whereas the green bottles come from the FLA brewery. Guess which state has better tasting water?

tangdog,

that is very interesting. They are YOUR tastebuds, so who am I to criticize, its just that I can't think of one time in my life when a can has ever measured up to a bottle. Probably a mental thing more than reality!

Necromancer,

I coached a kid that played at Fordham back in @ 2000. He was an outside LB, but it wasn't his passion and he never saw the field too much. He was an athlete, not a punisher. Arm tackled everyone.

I have become a fan of the Chargers as well because Marty Shottenheimer and James Lofton took a chance on a kid named Eric Parker. I'm one of his HS coaches. I assume you know who he is?

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jul 14 2006, 10:20 AM)
tangdog,
that is very interesting. They are YOUR tastebuds, so who am I to criticize, its just that I can't think of one time in my life when a can has ever measured up to a bottle. Probably a mental thing more than reality!

It really does appear to be the case and I have converted several friends back to Yingies after trying it in the can. I think in general I prefer bottled beer but really do not care as long as it is ice cold.

I do know a lot of people who look down upon canned beer, saying the bottled is better and then usually continuing along the lines of " but, even better is a fine beer on tap". My question to them is, isn't a keg of beer just a really big can?

I think I will go crack open a Yingie right now!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/mikemoran/yingies.jpg

That is REALLY cruel tangdog, I am OUT of Yuengling, and no shipments anytime soon. I'm in Chicago, relatives in Pittsburgh :-(

HA!

my buddy is fishing on Lake Eerie and is bring a bunch back, so next time you try rubbing it in I'll just go to my garage and grab me one too

YESSSSSSSSSS.

That is my "death row drink of choice'.

Nothing else like it. It is my favorite beer bar none. I like many different kinds but tey seem to NEVER let me down. I prefer them in bottle too. Have you tried their porter or black and tan? I like em too.

Really glad to hear your stock is being replenished! It has been a hot summer and its important to stay hydrated.

It seems to me that if people are transporting it for you and its hard to get, I would request cans just because they are so much more space efficient. I think they could bring you almost twice as much in the same space. Enjoy.

well here is what we're working on. My buddy send trucks out to eastern ohio, and he is gonna start giving his drivers a bonus if they bring cases back for us, so it sounds like it'll become more frequent.

I rarely see my relatives in Pittsburgh anymore, so that pipeline is dying off. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Has to be bottles, and I'll only drinkthem on special occasions- I have plenty of other good beers that I can get at the specialty store down the street. Best I can do.

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jul 31 2006, 03:13 PM)
well here is what we're working on. My buddy send trucks out to eastern ohio, and he is gonna start giving his drivers a bonus if they bring cases back for us, so it sounds like it'll become more frequent.
I rarely see my relatives in Pittsburgh anymore, so that pipeline is dying off. Desperate times call for desperate measures!
Has to be bottles, and I'll only drinkthem on special occasions- I have plenty of other good beers that I can get at the specialty store down the street. Best I can do.

It's best on draught.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 31 2006, 12:23 PM)
I've spent a lot of time in Philly over the couple of years and Yuengling Lager is one of my favorite beers. It's kinda cool to order a "Lager" and everyone automatically knows that you are referring to Yuengling.

Indeed in Philly "A Lager" means Y Lager.. biggrin.gif