FBN and COS

barney_rebel

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 10 2004, 08:19 AM)
First FBN and then COS.

Can someone tell me how far apart in the year they were released?

Fly By Night, Feb. 15, 1975

Caress of Steel, Sep. 1975

Dunno when in September. But do your own research, that was a simple find, how lazy are you tongue.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 10 2004, 10:27 AM)
Lol, I wasnt even born. I dunno what the experience was like either though, but im willing to say many here might not. They would have had to have been fans right from the get go and Rush really didnt become popular until 2112. There might be a few though 653.gif

Well, I was only THREE!!!!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 10 2004, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 10 2004, 10:27 AM)
Lol, I wasnt even born.  I dunno what the experience was like either though, but im willing to say many  here might not.  They would have had to have been fans right from the get go and Rush really didnt become popular until 2112.  There might be a few though  653.gif

Well, I was only THREE!!!!

biggrin.gif

So was I biggrin.gif

I remember many things when I was 3, but not that tongue.gif

I absolutely remember going into Sam The Recordman in downtown Toronto, and being thrilled to see COS on the shelves. It was so soon after the release of FBN that it took me by surprise. But back then it was much more normal for bands to release a couple of records within a year. Greg

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Nov 10 2004, 02:11 PM)
I absolutely remember going into Sam The Recordman in downtown Toronto, and being thrilled to see COS on the shelves. It was so soon after the release of FBN that it took me by surprise. But back then it was much more normal for bands to release a couple of records within a year. Greg

Just bought COS from Sam's downtown on Saturday smile.gif

Am I late on the release? rofl3.gif

It was a different time. Remember that Kiss released it's first album in '74 as well.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/listm...1893833-3386538

and all the young rockers were heavy into Kiss while the older ones (im talkin late teens) were usually into Zep or the doors or the Who. We didnt have the internet or VCR's and whatever got played on the radio sold albums. Kiss did a holloween show on TV and was huge after that.

I didnt even hear of Rush untill AFTK. They really had to beat the door down with little airplay though and still are not mainstream.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 10 2004, 11:27 AM)
Lol, I wasnt even born. I dunno what the experience was like either though, but im willing to say many here might not. They would have had to have been fans right from the get go and Rush really didnt become popular until 2112. There might be a few though 653.gif

2112 tanked too initially. All the World's a Stage was Rush's first Top 40 album in the US and 2112 and ATWaS would not go Gold until A Farewell to Kings was released in September of 1977. AFtK was Rush's first Top 30 seller in the US thanks to Closer to the Heart being a huge rock radio hit and AFtK's success caused 2112 and ATWaS to go Gold simultaneously with AFtK. Moving Pictures was the album that forever immortalized Rush!

I really liked FBN but COS was the abolute hammer for me in those days, I was 12 at the time and my parents did not like it that I played those albums really LOUD 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Feb 2 2006, 12:06 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 10 2004, 11:27 AM)
Lol, I wasnt even born.  I dunno what the experience was like either though, but im willing to say many  here might not.  They would have had to have been fans right from the get go and Rush really didnt become popular until 2112.  There might be a few though  653.gif

2112 tanked too initially. All the World's a Stage was Rush's first Top 40 album in the US and 2112 and ATWaS would not go Gold until A Farewell to Kings was released in September of 1977. AFtK was Rush's first Top 30 seller in the US thanks to Closer to the Heart being a huge rock radio hit and AFtK's success caused 2112 and ATWaS to go Gold simultaneously with AFtK. Moving Pictures was the album that forever immortalized Rush!

That's just how it happened in Dallas too. No one had heard of Rush until Closer to the Heart. Working Man got a bit of airplay, but lots of folks thought it was Led Zeppelin at first. Then suddenly they began playing 2112 and to me that's what immortalized them. Everyone I knew back then bought 2112 and it was definitely the Jam du Jour. Of course MP is the pinnacle of their success and an all time standout work, but I will always consider Hemispheres to be their magnum opus. So far anyway! cool.gif

Archived