'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy' *UPDATED!*

Jack Aubrey

Batter quality and larger trailer here: 'Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy'

"It's unpleasantly like being drunk"

"What's unpleasant about being drunk?"

"Just ask a glass of water".

------

"You're Zaphod Beeblebrox and your great grandfather was Zaphod Beeblebrox the fourth?"

"It was a rather nasty accident involving a contraceptive and a time machine"

------

"I wish I'd listened to what my mother used to say"

"What was that?"

"I don't know, I never listened".

I'd love to go on, but I need a few Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters after the day I've had at work. trink38.gif

BTW - Guess what my house number is............Seriously!! 19.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 1 2004, 01:33 PM)
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk"
"What's unpleasant about being drunk?"
"Just ask a glass of water".

------

"You're Zaphod Beeblebrox and your great grandfather was Zaphod Beeblebrox the fourth?"
"It was a rather nasty accident involving a contraceptive and a time machine"

------

"I wish I'd listened to what my mother used to say"
"What was that?"
"I don't know, I never listened".

I'd love to go on, but I need a few Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters after the day I've had at work. trink38.gif

BTW - Guess what my house number is............Seriously!! 19.gif

43? icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif nasty.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

FINALLY!!! Another Douglas Adam's geek! Welcome to the party, pal! bekloppt.gif

I know full well the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is 42!!!!

Semi-serious question. Is anyone else worried about this film?

The BBC series was gloriously amateurish when it came to special effects, much in the same vein of the Python films. I'm worried that overuse of CGI may rip the heart out of it. I hope I'm wrong!.

Hown far are they going to go - Is it bool by book, or are they doing the original trilogy as one story.

Who's going to play "Disaster Area". I think the closing bars of Cygnus X-1 Book 1 just before the sun explodes would fit in just nicely!!!.

"Boy-being meets girl-being beneath a silvery moon which then explodes for no apparent reason".

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 1 2004, 06:19 PM)
Semi-serious question. Is anyone else worried about this film?

The BBC series was gloriously amateurish when it came to special effects, much in the same vein of the Python films. I'm worried that overuse of CGI may rip the heart out of it. I hope I'm wrong!.

Hown far are they going to go - Is it bool by book, or are they doing the original trilogy as one story.

Who's going to play "Disaster Area". I think the closing bars of Cygnus X-1 Book 1 just before the sun explodes would fit in just nicely!!!.

"Boy-being meets girl-being beneath a silvery moon which then explodes for no apparent reason".

Here's all the information available so far:

Release Date: June 3, 2005

Studio: Touchstone Pictures

Director: Garth Jennings

Credited cast:

Jerome Blake .... Vogon Guard

Anna Chancellor .... Questular Rontok

Warwick Davis .... Marvin the Paranoid Android

Mos Def .... Ford Prefect

Zooey Deschanel .... Tricia McMillan ("Trillian")

Barry Dowden .... Stunt Builder

Martin Freeman .... Arthur Dent

John Malkovich .... Humma Kavula

Bill Nighy .... Slartibartfast

Steve Pemberton .... Mr. Prosser

Sam Rockwell .... Zaphod Beeblebrox

MPAA Rating: Not Available

Official Website: Hitchhikers.movies.com

Plot Summary: "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" revolves around central character Arthur Dent (Freeman), who is rescued from the Earth by alien "Ford Prefect" when the world as we know it is destroyed to make way for a new hyperspace bypass. Mos Def plays Ford Prefect, an undercover alien who sets off on an intergalactic journey with his best friend and the film's protagonist, earthling Arthur Dent. The duo hitch a ride through space -- with the two-headed ex-hippie Zaphod (Rockwell); his girlfriend, the beautiful scientist Trillion (Deschanel); and a robot -- to discover the meaning of life. Malkovich will play a religious cult leader called Humma Kavula.

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 1 2004, 01:36 PM)

Take a look at my member title.

Does it remind you on something? biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

*edit*

Just recognized that this is my post # 142.........

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Sep 15 2004, 06:16 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 1 2004, 01:36 PM)

Take a look at my member title.

Does it remind you on something? biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

*edit*

Just recognized that this is my post # 142.........

Another Douglas Adams geek! common001.gif cheer.gif bncegrn.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 24 2004, 08:25 PM)
You know, I was just thinking

Aren't digital watches really cool!!

...Amazingly primitive! <Walking away shaking my head.>

A few quotes for.... you and me, I guess, Madra! trink39.gif BTW, have you read "Dirk Gently..."? Good stuff.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I'll never be cruel to a gin & tonyyx again!

...the man with the odd, or rather the even number of heads missed it. He flung himself back on the pilot couch, opened a couple beers--one for himself and the other also for himself--stuck his feet on the console and said "Hey, baby" through the ultra-glass at passing fish.

Anything that happens, happens.

Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.

Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.

Man [has] always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much-the wheel, New York, wars and so on-while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man-for precisely the same reasons.

One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continually stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in "It's a nice day", or "You're very tall", or "Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?" At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up.

After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working. After a while he abandoned this one as well as being obstructively cynical and decided he quite liked human beings after all, but he always remained desperately worried about the terrible number of things they didn't know about.

Okay, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?

Archived