296 replies to this topic

#21 Larks

Larks

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Interests:rush.

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:04 PM

such a great keyboard player and a really nice guy to talk too with lots of patiance for dt fans (:

Sponsored Post

#22 CygnusX-1Bk2

CygnusX-1Bk2

Certified Verbal Ass Kicker

• 3774 posts
  • Interests:Sound Design & Effects for games and picture (my main gig). Music (sometimes more than a hobby, it's paid the bills at times).
    Sound recording, which is also my job.
    Baseball.

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

DT fans need patience. Ever heard of Rick Wakeman? or Keith Emerson. Or better yet Oscar Peterson or Marcus Roberts?

#23 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:52 PM

Of course! But my fave is the former DT keyboardist Kevin Moore. Too bad he quit (Jordan Rudess does a very good job) and started making this Chroma Key stuff!  

#24 Ru5h F@n

Ru5h F@n

Mr. Unsure

• Members
  • 2552 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering, Musical Composition, Production And Synthesizer Programming

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Snowman @ Dec 22 2006, 10:41 AM)
I only got 1 keyboard, the Korg Triton Extreme. Which is extreme in all ways!  ph34r.gif

I would like to have the Nord Electro stagepiano and the Yamaha Motif, and Alesis Andromeda, and Minimoog Voyager........ fists crying.gif

Oh I never heard of the Extreme. What's that like? Is that a new or old one? unsure.gif

#25 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 23 2006, 06:35 PM)
I only got 1 keyboard, the Korg Triton Extreme. Which is extreme in all ways!  ph34r.gif

I would like to have the Nord Electro stagepiano and the Yamaha Motif, and Alesis Andromeda, and Minimoog Voyager........ fists crying.gif

Oh I never heard of the Extreme. What's that like? Is that a new or old one? unsure.gif

It is the latest (and the last (I think)) addition to the Triton series. It is (As it states on the keyboard): It's everything Triton taken to the the extreme!

The whole ROM from the Studio edition, plus a couple of hundred new programs. In total 1344 programs and 1280 combinations. I have also the MOSS card, so I have a few additional program/combinations.  1022.gif

It has also a tube-driven Valve Force circuitry that can be used as an insert effect or on the final outputs, adding just the right amount of warmth or snarl to your sound. It is mega cool, and I think Korg are the first to have this (dont know if its going to be a hit or not).  1022.gif

Here's a link to Korg's homepage:
My Webpage

Here's a pic of the monster (the Valve Force are the blue bulb up in the left corner):
User posted image

common001.gif  

#26 Ru5h F@n

Ru5h F@n

Mr. Unsure

• Members
  • 2552 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering, Musical Composition, Production And Synthesizer Programming

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Snowman @ Dec 26 2006, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 23 2006, 06:35 PM)
I only got 1 keyboard, the Korg Triton Extreme. Which is extreme in all ways!  ph34r.gif

It is the latest (and the last (I think)) addition to the Triton series. It is (As it states on the keyboard): It's everything Triton taken to the the extreme!

The whole ROM from the Studio edition, plus a couple of hundred new programs. In total 1344 programs and 1280 combinations. I have also the MOSS card, so I have a few additional program/combinations.  1022.gif

It has also a tube-driven Valve Force circuitry that can be used as an insert effect or on the final outputs, adding just the right amount of warmth or snarl to your sound. It is mega cool, and I think Korg are the first to have this (dont know if its going to be a hit or not).  1022.gif

Here's a link to Korg's homepage:
My Webpage

Here's a pic of the monster (the Valve Force are the blue bulb up in the left corner):
User posted image

common001.gif

Wow. That's different. unsure.gif

#27 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:27 PM

I am VERY happy with it! I read on Korg's homepage My Webpage that if you order it now you get the MOSS card for free. The Moss card costs approx USD 500-600.

Here's a synth for Ya:

user posted image

The Alesis Andromeda!

What about this, the new Korg Oasys (costs about USD 12.000 in Norway  angry.gif  )

User posted image

When I win the lottery someday...  unsure.gif  

#28 Ru5h F@n

Ru5h F@n

Mr. Unsure

• Members
  • 2552 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Snowman @ Dec 29 2006, 09:27 AM)
I am VERY happy with it! I read on Korg's homepage My Webpage that if you order it now you get the MOSS card for free. The Moss card costs approx USD 500-600.

Here's a synth for Ya:

user posted image

The Alesis Andromeda!

What about this, the new Korg Oasys (costs about USD 12.000 in Norway  angry.gif  )

User posted image

When I win the lottery someday...  unsure.gif

Ya. I've heard of the Oasys. unsure.gif

#29 limeloaf

limeloaf

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

I just bought an Alesis Fusion 6HD  biggrin.gif .

It was relatively cheap and it is such an amazing board, i've been able to coax some pretty amazing stuff out of this thing.

I really would like a Stage Piano and a 'hands-on' synth (again, I sold my SH-32 a few months ago) I wouldn't mind an Andromeda but thats way out of my price range.

I fully recommend the Fusion however and I got mine for around 1050$ CDN after duty and taxes (USED).

FULLY recommended.

#30 limeloaf

limeloaf

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

This Oasys looks very different in that picture than the one sold in Canadian or US stores.

The Oasys here is in two pieces (ie. The Brain and then the master controller) and is completely silver all over and dosen't have that CD-drive and also dosen't look as cool!

It does sound very good though but it isn't what I want to use to add to my palette  laugh.gif .

#31 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

Yes, it looks extremely cool.  ph34r.gif

user posted image

I would like to try Alesis, but I never buy anything not tested. Sadly, it is very rare to find Alesis in musicshops in Oslo. It is all about Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Clavia.

Have you tried the Korg Radias? It looks and sounds rather special:

user posted image

#32 Mandalorian Hunter

Mandalorian Hunter

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5811 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

Thank the heavens for this thread laugh.gif

I'm trying to get into synths, but i'm not looking for one that would be used to play melodies. Anyone here heard Muse's Black Holes and Revelations? I'd like one that makes sounds like the synths on there

Thanks for any help biggrin.gif  

#33 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:11 PM

Have not heard Muse, but I have heard about them.  

#34 mortkort

mortkort

King of the Kort

• Members *
  • 5051 posts
  • Interests:Music, Tottenham, good tv shows and movies.

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

i wanna get a synth too. first i started playing piano, but i stoped after a year and began playing guitar.

#35 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:24 PM

You should! If you want a lot of synth for the money you should get the Yamaha MO6. It costs around NOK 12000 brand new, but it should be possible to get an used one by now.  

#36 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

Sorry, forgot the pic:

user posted image

#37 mortkort

mortkort

King of the Kort

• Members *
  • 5051 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:30 PM

12000 NOK! i'm not going to use so much money on a synth!  laugh.gif

i've seen a yamaha synth thing at the store, i really liked it, maybe i get one like it one day

#38 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

Well, you can get a couple of newer KORG models for a better price nowadays. I saw a Korg Triton LE (the lightversion of Triton) for Nok 5000 at musikkweb.no. Korg Karma goes for around 7-8.000. Jordan Rudess used or still use Korg Karma.  

#39 mortkort

mortkort

King of the Kort

• Members *
  • 5051 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Snowman @ Jan 14 2007, 12:52 AM)
Well, you can get a couple of newer KORG models for a better price nowadays. I saw a Korg Triton LE (the lightversion of Triton) for Nok 5000 at musikkweb.no. Korg Karma goes for around 7-8.000. Jordan Rudess used or still use Korg Karma.

thank you for your info snowman!  1022.gif  

#40 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

That's cool.  wink.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users