Help me PLEASE!!! I dunno what's going on..

The_Enemy_Within

Okay so I was editing my Myspace and it froze.. AOL closed.. and a message came up saying:

"The system process "C:windows/system32/services.exe terminated unexpectantly with status code 1073741819 system will shut down and restart"

I let it restart, and when I logged on my comp. again, I pressed ctrl-alt-delete to get back on AOL (I have no task bar, it's been gone for a long time.. i dunno why)

Anyway, when I tried pressing ctrl-alt-delete it said something like:

"The Task Manager has been disabled" or something..

I turned off my computer, and logged on another user name.. Everything worked again, and maybe 10 mins later, AOL shut off, and I got the same message. I am on ANOTHER user name now.. .. so that's how I'm on now. I have a feeling i'm gonna get the message again, so i better make this fast..

Someone please help me.. I have no idea what's going on with my computer. Is this a virus?? Is someone hacking me??? Oh, God, I'm freaking out. O__O scared.gif

HELLLLLP!! eh.gif

comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif

THANK YOU! scared.gif

Exception code 1073741819 (C0000005 hex) is a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, which tells me you have a problem with your AOL Software (especially considering you got the error both times using AOL). Try to reinstall your AOL software.

If you want it to at least stop rebooting when it gets this error, just go to Start>Control Panel>Double Click 'System'>'Advanced' Tab>Under 'Start and Recovery' Click 'Settings' - Uncheck the box that says 'Automatic Restart'.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 13 2006, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 13 2006, 07:01 PM)
Get rid of AOL

Good answer!

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Agreed....AO-Hell is not the best ISP to be using - it attaches itself to a lot of the Operating System (Windows) exe files.... sad.gif sad.gif

Haha, can one of you come over here to do this for me?

*Enemy_Within is confused*

Sorry, when it comes to the technical stuff with computers.. I'm not TOO smart.. Well, I know SOME things but making Myspace layouts is pretty much as far as it goes with me wacko.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 13 2006, 11:01 PM)
Get rid of AOL

I had AOL loaded on my laptop for LSM to use & it attached itself in funky places. I still can't fully get rid of it. I don't know why. I've lost a load of data because of a similar message....

AOL and Compuserve both use the same browser and get the same problems. If you have to have AOL or Compuserve, I would suggest logging on, then using IE or Firefox for your browsing needs. I ahve done some reserch into this problem, and AOL and Microsoft are both pointing fingers at each other, which means that this is a problem that will never be resolved. The only way to get rid of this problem is to ditch the AO-Hell/Compusquirm service and get with a real ISP.

Archived