Musicians-Post Your Original Music

I thought I would start a thread for anyone who wants to post their 'Original Music' for all of us to hear. I think this should be a fun topic for all of us to enjoy. Don't be bashful, let us hear your stuff!!!

I'll start:

My Originals (a few)

BTW: If anyone wants to post a song but has nowhere to post it, let me know. I'll put it on my server for you. Or you can use SongRamp.com

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 6 2004, 03:29 PM)
You can find the first part of a studio project of mine at Witch's Brew

Cool man. That's what I'm talkin' about!!

Here's a link to a song I just finished up. Other "reference" mixes from the new CD I hope to have completed by January '05 can be heard on my web site (the mixes are basically 95% there but may be subjected to a few more tweaks before I turn everything over for mastering).

"Out of the Closet" (MP3)

Project Vector Site - MP3 Audio Page

Edited to change the link - just posted an updated mix and the link name had to change.

Edited by Dave G

QUOTE (Dave G @ Nov 6 2004, 10:10 PM)
Here's a link to a song I just finished up. Other "reference" mixes from the new CD I hope to have completed by January '05 can be heard on my web site (the mixes are basically 95% there but may be subjected to a few more tweaks before I turn everything over for mastering).

"Out of the Closet" (MP3)

Project Vector Site - MP3 Audio Page

Yes Dave G, that's what I'm talkin' about! Nice drum machine...lol! biggrin.gif I use them all the time, and I'm a drummer!!

Thanks

Nice drum machine...lol! I use them all the time, and I'm a drummer!!

Blasphemy! LOL, no, I know how it is...a lot of times, depending on the project, it's easier to just use a drum machine for something quick rather than go through recording an acoustic kit.

I went for the more organic drum sound on my first CD, but I kind of got bored with that. Actually a lot of what I've been using lately in the drum tracks started out as "live" drum loops that were processed to the point that they sound very synthetic, something I've deliberately gone for this time out. It's kind of fun playing real bass over those tracks - you have a very "techno" sound, but because many of them started out as live drum performances, not everything is dead-square on the beat.

Of course, having done this, I'm now going to have to find a drummer who uses V-Drums or the like if I want to approximate that synthetic vibe when I play this stuff live. Should be interesting, given that there probably isn't one within a 100-mile radius of here... wacko.gif

QUOTE (Dave G @ Nov 7 2004, 07:58 AM)
Nice drum machine...lol! I use them all the time, and I'm a drummer!!

Blasphemy! LOL, no, I know how it is...a lot of times, depending on the project, it's easier to just use a drum machine for something quick rather than go through recording an acoustic kit.

I went for the more organic drum sound on my first CD, but I kind of got bored with that. Actually a lot of what I've been using lately in the drum tracks started out as "live" drum loops that were processed to the point that they sound very synthetic, something I've deliberately gone for this time out. It's kind of fun playing real bass over those tracks - you have a very "techno" sound, but because many of them started out as live drum performances, not everything is dead-square on the beat.

Of course, having done this, I'm now going to have to find a drummer who uses V-Drums or the like if I want to approximate that synthetic vibe when I play this stuff live. Should be interesting, given that there probably isn't one within a 100-mile radius of here... wacko.gif

I love the stuff. Was just giving you a hard time wink.gif

If you do any studio stuff in the future, send me the tracks, I'll lay down some live drum tracks for ya.

Keep the posts coming!!!

I love the stuff. Was just giving you a hard time

No worries, LP, I didn't take your post as being negative. Btw, I listened to your tracks too...nice job! Really liked the one with the female vocalist.

As a side note, I just put up an updated mix of the song I posted yesterday. I should know by now that the first mix I do of anything is NEVER going to be the last. Did something different drum-wise with the 2nd verse and added some little fills and accents to spice things up a bit. I just have to be careful and not get too carried away with rhythmic weirdness...don't want to chase everybody off the dance floor when I start gigging this material.

Ok, I've taken up more than enough space in this thread with my jabbering. Neeeeeext.... wink.gif

QUOTE (Dave G @ Nov 7 2004, 03:15 PM)
I love the stuff. Was just giving you a hard time

No worries, LP, I didn't take your post as being negative. Btw, I listened to your tracks too...nice job! Really liked the one with the female vocalist.

As a side note, I just put up an updated mix of the song I posted yesterday. I should know by now that the first mix I do of anything is NEVER going to be the last. Did something different drum-wise with the 2nd verse and added some little fills and accents to spice things up a bit. I just have to be careful and not get too carried away with rhythmic weirdness...don't want to chase everybody off the dance floor when I start gigging this material.

Ok, I've taken up more than enough space in this thread with my jabbering. Neeeeeext.... wink.gif

Thanks Dave, there are many, many more to post. I'll probably change them weekly or just keep adding. I was trying to post some old and new material, to give some seperation to the tracks.

I'll check out your new mix.

Check out www.44slide.com and www.purevolume.com/middlefingersalute for my projects. I had to quit 44 slide to move to Regina, Sk and I quit MFS because of different musical styles and ideas. Enjoy and let me know what you think!! NeilFinal.gif I play the drums on all of the tracks.

QUOTE (slammz @ Nov 10 2004, 10:12 AM)
Check out www.44slide.com and www.purevolume.com/middlefingersalute for my projects. I had to quit 44 slide to move to Regina, Sk and I quit MFS because of different musical styles and ideas. Enjoy and let me know what you think!!  NeilFinal.gif  I play the drums on all of the tracks.

Thanks Slammz, but for future reference...use the (http:// button above) tags to 'insert' a web address. I sure makes it easier for us to just click and listen!

Thanks

Edited by launchpad67a

What's the deal here? I guess there are only like 4 musicians on this board with music to share...I find that hard to believe.

POST YOUR MUSIC!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 13 2004, 06:38 PM)
Here is a litte piece I put down called "Spanish Blunt"

It's just some acoustic guitar is all.

http://www.songramp.com/view.ez?sampleid=23139

Very cool, I dig it! And a great title too.

Nice work.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 13 2004, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 13 2004, 06:38 PM)
Here is a litte piece I put down called "Spanish Blunt"

It's just some acoustic guitar is all.

http://www.songramp.com/view.ez?sampleid=23139

Very cool, I dig it! And a great title too.

Nice work.

Thanks for telling me about SongRamp.com. That's a cool site. Does everyone have to sign up to listen to the songs? It's still cool either way. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 13 2004, 07:11 PM)
Thanks for telling me about SongRamp.com. That's a cool site. Does everyone have to sign up to listen to the songs? It's still cool either way. 1022.gif

No, anyone can just go there and listen to tunes. You must be a member to vote on songs, I believe. You used to get an unlimited number of songs to post but now I think it's only 3, without paying for the membership. But yes, it's a great site. A lot of record companies visit Songramp in search of new talent.

Evening all i would like to know can you tell me which is a good site to upload an mp3 too as i would like to post a sample of my bands music here.

Thanks

2.gif

I like SongRamp for a free upload site. Just signup and your on your way. It's a very cool program.

If you don't want to use that, then you can email me your tune and I'll post it on my server.

mike@mikekreidel.com