Young Rush fans!

lil_rush_dude

Hey all! 1022.gif

I'm a 14 year old who loves Rush! I was introduced to their music by a 16 year old who had a minidisc with '2112' on. I immediatly went out to buy the album and it is still one of the greatest CD's in my collection. Also, 'Temples Of Syrinx' remains my favourite song by Rush. But back on the main subject.... Rush really are the best band ever. My reason, Rush still live on today. Not just with those first fans who turned up at the old 70's and 80's concerts, but modern day teenagers! I was so inspired by all the phenominally fast drumming of Neil Peart(sorry about spelling it wrong way first time!!!) that I am now play drums and he is my ultimate drumming idol! Rush's music is the kind of music that doesn't die after an era (*COUGH* Status Quo *COUGH*). It still inspires many to this day, of all ages as well! Tell me if you are also a young teenager who has been inspired by Rush at all, or if you just agree with any of the above comments!

MATT

NeilFinal.gif

Edited by lil_rush_dude
  • Like 3

QUOTE (lil_rush_dude @ Nov 6 2004, 01:22 PM)
Hey all! 1022.gif

I'm a 14 year old who loves Rush! I was introduced to their music by a 16 year old who had a minidisc with '2112' on. I immediatly went out to buy the album and it is still one of the greatest CD's in my collection. Also, 'Temples Of Syrinx' remains my favourite song by Rush. But back on the main subject.... Rush really are the best band ever. My reason, Rush still live on today. Not just with those first fans who turned up at the old 70's and 80's concerts, but modern day teenagers! I was so inspired by all the phenominally fast drumming of Alex Peart that I am now play drums and he is my ultimate drumming idol! Rush's music is the kind of music that doesn't die after an era (*COUGH* Status Quo *COUGH*). It still inspires many to this day, of all ages as well! Tell me if you are also a young teenager who has been inspired by Rush at all, or if you just agree with any of the above comments!

MATT
NeilFinal.gif

Hey Matt - Excellent post, and welcome bro. It's so cool to know how Rush inspires so many walks of life and generations. One suggestion... Edit your post to say Neil Peart. trink36.gif I look forward to other posts from you, buddy! biggrin.gif

My two teenage sons love Rush.

Astounding when I think that at 16, my very first concert was Rush.

We have turned into a Rush family! 653.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

Since the boys haven't been to a concert yet,our favorite Rush "together" moment is the Trailer Park Boys episode when Ricky kidnaps Alex and they all end up at the concert by letting Alex go and giving him some of thier weed.

Hilarious.

Bubbles ends up being Alex's guitar tech.

Unfortunately you only get a glimpse of Geddy and don't see Peart at all. fists crying.gif

I'm not a teenager (haven't been for some time). I wasn't a teenager when I got into Rush (I was 12). I think, if given the right introduction and encouragement, Rush fans tensd to span the whole spectra of ages (I caught my daughter dancing to Force 10 this morning with a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggg smile on her face common001.gif . She's 2)

I think that a teenager just has get past the peer pressure that Rush aren't hip. Then again, if they're going to be a Rush fan they probably don't care anyway.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 6 2004, 07:57 PM)
Heh, lotsa more young fans, its great biggrin.gif. At least we know this band will not die with your old foagie generation tongue.gif

Now Moon...I thought we were done with that old fogey stuff.

tongue.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 6 2004, 08:00 PM)
Heh, lotsa more young fans, its great biggrin.gif.  At least we know this band  will not die with your old foagie generation tongue.gif

tongue.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Sorry ma'am

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 6 2004, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 6 2004, 08:00 PM)
Heh, lotsa more young fans, its great biggrin.gif.  At least we know this band  will not die with your old foagie generation tongue.gif

tongue.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Sorry ma'am

Awwww....I can't stay mad at you.... laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Heartless Universe @ Nov 7 2004, 08:30 AM)
I'm 12 And I all so think Rush Is awsome...I went to my fisrt rush concert when I was 5 I have all the studi and live albums too

Went when you were 5. Thats awesome, you parents nurtured you into a good life already.biggrin.gif

Hey guys, I am 15! And i have loved Rush since the day I was born. I am a drummer and have been playing drums since I was 4 years old. Who is my favourite drummer? Well d'uh the professor of course. I am proud to be a rush fan and will always be a Rush fan. My first Rush concert was the T4E tour. The 2nd molson amphitheatre show on July 2, 1997. I was 8 years old. And since then I have been to 4 other Rush shows (if you include SARSTOCK). My dad got me into Rush. He's been a fan since '78. I would like to thank him or else I wouldn't have this incredible feeling I do for the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!

I would just like to say to all you RUSHIANS out there, RUSH ON!!!!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

• Like 1

All 4 of my kids are into Rush, 2 more than the other 2. My 9yr.old is a big fan. He puts Rush on all the time, it is so cool to be sitting in the living room and hear Rush blasting on the computer when hes on. I mean he blasts it! My 14yr.old went to this years tour, he proudly wears his Rush shirt to school. We have been lucky enough to get alot of the teens around here into Rush too. They are all fans now. Casey ( the 9yr.old) wants to come onto the board so watch out, you never know when the lil Ghost Rider will show up!

Another 15-year-old checking in. I've been into Rush for about 3 years...I started playing drums in 2000, and started reading Modern Drummer in 2001. Of course, Neil is mentioned about 5 million times in each issue, either by editors or by drummers being interviewed and saying who their influences are. I naturally grew curious, but I forgot all about it until late April 2002 when my local "Classic Rock" station premiered One Little Victory. I was immediately sold on the drum intro, and thought the song was pretty cool as well. The next weekend, they were giving away advance copies of VT, and I called in and won one. Of course I fell in love with it immediately. I went to my public library and cheked out both of the Retrospective albums, and fell in love with those as well. Since then I have bought all their studio and live stuff, and built up quite a collection of bootlegs as well. I got to see my first Rush concert on the R30 tour on July 3 in Portland. 2.gif on!
  • Like 1

QUOTE (pixey @ Nov 7 2004, 03:40 PM)
All 4 of my kids are into Rush, 2 more than the other 2. My 9yr.old is a big fan. He puts Rush on all the time, it is so cool to be sitting in the living room and hear Rush blasting on the computer when hes on. I mean he blasts it! My 14yr.old went to this years tour, he proudly wears his Rush shirt to school. We have been lucky enough to get alot of the teens around here into Rush too. They are all fans now. Casey ( the 9yr.old) wants to come onto the board so watch out, you never know when the lil Ghost Rider will show up!

How awesome!! laugh.gif

Very warm Welcome to young RUSH Fans..I"m sure we were all young when we first heard Rush..I"m 40 now and they still influence my life..I always have a thing for Rush when things are tough, So no matter what your going thru as you get older ,Answers ,Thoughts ?listen to that one Rush song that got you hooked and it will lead you to any thing you might want to know..Be well and LISTEN!!!! trink39.gif
  • Like 1