The Red Sox

Der Trommler

This thread is dedicated to the Red Sox. Discuss the play, players, staff etc...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooooo! what do i spy here?

my kinda thread!

okay, so as i was looking up at the chart on my fridge.......

total rainout/PPND so far-

5/2- yanks

5/13- texas

5/14- texas

6/7- yanks

so, today is the makeup for 5/13, with the doubleheader- assuming they don't get rained out AGAIN today

wasn't the 5/2 makeup game rained out also? we have texas makeups in july. i know i missed something here, and my chart's getting all messed up!

what to do.what to do........remove wallpaper...watch redsox.....work on dining rm or kitchen table....watch redsox.....too wet and rainy to use power sanders etc outside....have to watch redsox.....

Enemies of the Red Sox this year in ascending order...

3. Toronto Blue jays - These guys are just killing us. Due to traumatic amnesia, I cant think of the CF name but geeez he's almost single handedly beatin the crap out of us.

2. Yankees (Suck) - Hmm well has some good games and bad games against this crew. Even banged up they beat our brains out this pst week. But Pauley came up from AA and kept em in check. Still lots of games to go.

1. The Freakin Weather - Oh the red sox will be playing in October whether we are in the playoffs or not, just trying to make up all these freaking games. havent seen the weather for Boston for today but if todays double header gets rained out, we're going to be finishing up with a double header to round out the season on Thanksgiving Day!! Enough with the rain already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rage.gif

rofl3.gif

Ok, so the Yanks took 2 painful games from us & the Jay have beat us up. How do you see the Rangers (if whether permits) handling us?

I liked the game yesterday....

QUOTE (Jewel Out of Reach @ Jun 10 2006, 08:37 AM)
my kinda thread!

5/2- yanks
5/13- texas
5/14- texas
6/7- yanks

so, today is the makeup for 5/13, with the doubleheader- assuming they don't get rained out AGAIN today

wasn't the 5/2 makeup game rained out also? we have texas makeups in july. i know i missed something here, and my chart's getting all messed up!

what to do.what to do........remove wallpaper...watch redsox.....work on dining rm or kitchen table....watch redsox.....too wet and rainy to use power sanders etc outside....have to watch redsox.....

Rangers fan here but I do like the Red Sox. What is it with these two teams? Are going to have ANOTHER rain out today?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 10 2006, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Jewel Out of Reach @ Jun 10 2006, 08:37 AM)
my kinda thread!

5/2- yanks
5/13- texas
5/14- texas
6/7- yanks

Rangers fan here but I do like the Red Sox. What is it with these two teams? Are going to have ANOTHER rain out today?

I guess....the rain really hasn't stopped up here angry.gif

We've had flooding issues for awhile now wtf.gif

Lester didn't look so bad today in the game they got in, hurt by an error and lack of runs...hopefully Beckett keeps his Fenway mojo going in game tommorrow, and Clement...well hopefully the offense shows up for the second game of the double header sunday to bail Clement out....

They are dying!!! OR killing me!!!

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 10 2006, 09:25 PM)
They (and the weather) are ruining my summer!!

doh.gif Yeah....they need to pick it up!

That was the worst move I've seen...Ortiz down 0-2 & the catcher calls timeout....The pitcher then pitches low inside & then low outside. The pitch after that? A 3 run blast to right field...LINE DRIVE!!! Man, the pitcher had momentum!!! SOX WIN 5-4!!!! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Jewel Out of Reach @ Jun 11 2006, 04:23 PM)
damn.......i went to Lowe's at the 4th...and hear this on the car radop on the way home! i missed it!!!! well, today turns out to be the doubleheader.

YIKES.....have to watch a little later....The only part I saw of the game was that!

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 12 2006, 02:22 AM)
such a great ending to game one...and then they looked like road kill in game 2. Suppose it could have been worse.....at least the Yankees lost to Oakland, so it's a tie in the division again

Thankfully

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 11 2006, 02:34 PM)
That was the worst move I've seen...Ortiz down 0-2 & the catcher calls timeout....The pitcher then pitches low inside & then low outside. The pitch after that? A 3 run blast to right field...LINE DRIVE!!! Man, the pitcher had momentum!!! SOX WIN 5-4!!!! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Yeah you could almost see that last pitch coming. Got Ortiz to 0-2, go low inside then outside then try to come inside again??? wtf.gif Who ever is doing the scouting for Texas needs a cattle prod in an unpleasant place. OK, Ortiz aint been knocking it all over the place lately (and screw this talk about the shift getting to him, sure its taking away a few hits thats why they do it, he's just going thru a typical slump) but cripes why dont you just send in the BP pitcher if you're gonna throw it in tight?????

Then there was Game 2 Sunday... trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Nuff said!!!

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 13 2006, 12:22 AM)
That was the worst move I've seen...Ortiz down 0-2 & the catcher calls timeout....The pitcher then pitches low inside & then low outside. The pitch after that? A 3 run blast to right field...LINE DRIVE!!! Man, the pitcher had momentum!!! SOX WIN 5-4!!!! common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

Yeah you could almost see that last pitch coming. Got Ortiz to 0-2, go low inside then outside then try to come inside again??? wtf.gif Who ever is doing the scouting for Texas needs a cattle prod in an unpleasant place. OK, Ortiz aint been knocking it all over the place lately (and screw this talk about the shift getting to him, sure its taking away a few hits thats why they do it, he's just going thru a typical slump) but cripes why dont you just send in the BP pitcher if you're gonna throw it in tight?????

Then there was Game 2 Sunday... trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Nuff said!!!

That always works for him....the best way is to keep going at him. Most lefties like it in tight anyway. Mo Vaughn was like that too....

Anyway, the Rangers blew it.....Funny, the Jerry Remy (play by play) was just saying, "Why would you stop like that? They had momentum."

2 pitches later....

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 12 2006, 11:22 PM)
That was the worst move I've seen...Ortiz down 0-2 & the catcher calls timeout....The pitcher then pitches low inside & then low outside. The pitch after that? A 3 run blast to right field...LINE DRIVE!!! Man, the pitcher had momentum!!! SOX WIN 5-4!!!! common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

Nuff said!!!

I'm a Rangers fan and needless to say, I've seen a lot of bad pitching in my lifetime. We have never handled pitching properly.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 13 2006, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 12 2006, 11:22 PM)

Nuff said!!!

I'm a Rangers fan and needless to say, I've seen a lot of bad pitching in my lifetime. We have never handled pitching properly.

Trust me.....there were plenty of years the Red Sox had awful pitching. Great hitting....no pitching! I feel your pain....

QUOTE (Planet X-1 @ Jun 14 2006, 07:34 AM)
Well, last night`s Grand Slam breakfast STUNK !

more later...see what Nitwit radio has to say...

tongue.gif

Didn't see it & don't care to! That should've been their game!