The Red Sox

Der Trommler

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 14 2006, 07:08 PM)
I still say that is the best game of the year so far. Great pitching, great plays in the field, drama, and the walk off winner. I'd rather watch games like that (with a different result maybe) than most of the games during the season......

Yes & no....I'd rather not see bullpens lose too many. Many times I see a pitcher who is not right for the time he is put in & WHAM! It's outta there. I'd rather see a really tight play like 2 singles. The man running home & just make it by....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yes deffinatly, I meant I'd rather see low scoring well pitched games.....sad part is I knew they were going to lose as soon as they brought in Tavarez in the 12th. A hit batter, a double, an intentional walk (why do that, why?) and then to quote Trupeano "Way back waaaaaay back!"

And now we have to rely on Clement to pitch well tonight.....in other words, Sox lose 2nd straight tonight.....

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 14 2006, 06:18 PM)
oh yes deffinatly, I meant I'd rather see low scoring well pitched games.....sad part is I knew they were going to lose as soon as they brought in Tavarez in the 12th. A hit batter, a double, an intentional walk (why do that, why?) and then to quote Trupeano "Way back waaaaaay back!"

And now we have to rely on Clement to pitch well tonight.....in other words, Sox lose 2nd straight tonight.....

I dunno...I got a feeling about Clement tonight. Just feels like its going to be his game. Got nothing to back that up except sounds like the Twins starter is even shakier..

That said, I'm off to the local tavern to watch this one!!! Might need the trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

it was bad...shut it off after 3-1

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 14 2006, 06:51 PM)
oh yes deffinatly, I meant I'd rather see low scoring well pitched games.....sad part is I knew they were going to lose as soon as they brought in Tavarez in the 12th.  A hit batter, a double, an intentional walk (why do that, why?) and then to quote Trupeano "Way back waaaaaay back!"

I dunno...I got a feeling about Clement tonight. Just feels like its going to be his game. Got nothing to back that up except sounds like the Twins starter is even shakier..

That said, I'm off to the local tavern to watch this one!!! Might need the trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

OK so I was being overly optimistic but one farging run??? Radke's picked a hell of a night to get hot again.

At least the bartender was a little hottie and I got a seat right in front of the sinks!! Wash those glasses!!!! cool10.gif

At least I was right about the trink38.gif

Edited by Want2bLikeBrutus

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 14 2006, 11:36 PM)
oh yes deffinatly, I meant I'd rather see low scoring well pitched games.....sad part is I knew they were going to lose as soon as they brought in Tavarez in the 12th.  A hit batter, a double, an intentional walk (why do that, why?) and then to quote Trupeano "Way back waaaaaay back!"

OK so I was being overly optimistic but one farging run??? Radke's picked a hell of a night to get hot again.

At least the bartender was a little hottie and I got a seat right in front of the sinks!! Wash those glasses!!!! cool10.gif

Nice night, eh? Red Sox excluded?

QUOTE (Planet X-1 @ Jun 15 2006, 07:40 AM)
Arg.....3 game losing streak and the dreaded Stinkees are first place now. I hope Wakefield gets his knuckleball and not meatball working.

tongue.gif

It's such a 50/50....Hopefully, it will work...as long as they don't keep the damn losing streak going!

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 14 2006, 10:46 PM)

All things considered, if she didnt have a boyfriend I coulda dealt with the loss a whole lot better 653.gif ...so not as good as perhaps that original answer inferred...nice view wub.gif , nice banter..sadly that was all sad.gif

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 15 2006, 07:25 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 14 2006, 10:46 PM)

All things considered, if she didnt have a boyfriend I coulda dealt with the loss a whole lot better 653.gif ...so not as good as perhaps that original answer inferred...nice view wub.gif , nice banter..sadly that was all sad.gif

you know, sometimes a little witty repartee is what makes someone's day

Ok....So the Sox go down 2-0 again....Why? Third time they've let up runs first.....I see a pattern with their losing streak...Anyone else?

I am not bound to give up on my beloved Red Sox(I have stuck with them through thick and thin from Ted Williams(my father's era) to Yaz to Boggs, Clemems, Rice and Evans to Ortiz, Manny, Schilling). The problem with Boston is that they need better pitchers as Wells, Seanez and Tavarez all suck(Beckett is good though has had some bad games, Schilling is great, Wakefield is like the weather and Wells sucks). Tavarez should be cut as he blew a potential win Tues night as they should have pitched Papelbon Tuesday night for the save.

I call the Yankees the dirty cheats! They like to lie, cheat and steal. Alex Rodriguez was the goat who killed the Yanks' 2004 rally.

The Yankees may have dominated the 20th century which officially ended December 31, 2000 but since January 1, 2001(the real start of the 21st century) they have CHOKED! They lost the World Series in a MAJOR UPSET to Arizona in 2001. Then the Angels sent the Yanks to Hell in 2002. After a battle against Boston in 2003 the Red Sox softened them up good enough so the Florida Marlins would kill them in 2003. The Red Sox of course cremated them in 2004. In 2005, the Angels KO'd the Yanks in the first round.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 15 2006, 09:19 PM)
the sox are america's team this year...at least on television. i've never seen so many national broadcasts no.gif

cheer.gif

where are my joe morgan fans? biggrin.gif

joe morgan? joe morgan?? one of the three worst baseball broadcasters in all the world, and one of the 4 worst sportscasters ever....my god he's an idiot

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 15 2006, 09:15 PM)
yep, and goes along with giving up home runs, and who the hell is this kid Kubel that keeps going long ball? why is it he looks like Babe Ruth against this team....god they stink lately...it's official, they're ruining my summer!

Well, if they keep this up, yes. But they still have hope (I hope)

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 15 2006, 09:19 PM)
the sox are america's team this year...at least on television. i've never seen so many national broadcasts no.gif

cheer.gif

where are my joe morgan fans? biggrin.gif

Most Boston teams never really got national broadcast. They usually get creamed when they do. angry.gif

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jun 15 2006, 09:27 PM)
I am not bound to give up on my beloved Red Sox(I have stuck with them through thick and thin from Ted Williams(my father's era) to Yaz to Boggs, Clemems, Rice and Evans to Ortiz, Manny, Schilling). The problem with Boston is that they need better pitchers as Wells, Seanez and Tavarez all suck(Beckett is good though has had some bad games, Schilling is great, Wakefield is like the weather and Wells sucks). Tavarez should be cut as he blew a potential win Tues night as they should have pitched Papelbon Tuesday night for the save.
I call the Yankees the dirty cheats! They like to lie, cheat and steal. Alex Rodriguez was the goat who killed the Yanks' 2004 rally.
The Yankees may have dominated the 20th century which officially ended December 31, 2000 but since January 1, 2001(the real start of the 21st century) they have CHOKED! They lost the World Series in a MAJOR UPSET to Arizona in 2001. Then the Angels sent the Yanks to Hell in 2002. After a battle against Boston in 2003 the Red Sox softened them up good enough so the Florida Marlins would kill them in 2003. The Red Sox of course cremated them in 2004. In 2005, the Angels KO'd the Yanks in the first round.

goodpost.gif yes.gif

I'm with you on this. I hate the Yanks & still believe that many of the last few years were more lucky than good. Some non-Sox lovers will disagree. I can see it from their perspective. However, I have seen the missed tag for the double play back a few years (have bad memory). I saw the blatant changing strike zones umps were calling inning to inning. I was there. My grandfather was supposed to play for the Sox 80+ years ago. According to my mother, he had a hell of a curve.

So, the Sox are something personal as well. I'm with ya!

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ Jun 15 2006, 10:26 PM)
Looks like my Twinkies might be sweeping those BoSox here....

It is a possibility...The Sox are biting it pretty bad right now angry.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 15 2006, 10:33 PM)
it took them 8 innings, but finally they are on the board.....remember when the Sox used to have a great offense? I miss that

Great offense but offensive pitching....Really bad!