Who are your favorite comic book characters?

Holdyourfireal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Wayne, since childhood. I did not post "Batman" 'cause many people wore that hood, but of course I mean Bruce AS Batman. Especially if written by Steve Englehart, Denny O'Neill or Doug Moench.

Emma Frost

Storm

Rogue

(all X-girls strictly from the comic books, no movies garbage)

the Birds of Prey rooster, all of them tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

I'm probably the only person to ahve heard of this on here, but I'd say Alf Tupper aka The Tough of the Track. An athletics hero who'd eat a plate of fish and chips before defeating the evil factory owner's son in the mile. What a healthy diet for an athlete!

QUOTE (Greg @ Jun 6 2006, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (Lucid Seer @ Jun 6 2006, 01:56 PM)
Why Al, you are, of course

rofl3.gif

cool10.gif

Indeed...

comic book character

not comical character

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Ernest Scribbler @ Jun 6 2006, 05:26 PM)
I'm probably the only person to ahve heard of this on here, but I'd say Alf Tupper aka The Tough of the Track. An athletics hero who'd eat a plate of fish and chips before defeating the evil factory owner's son in the mile. What a healthy diet for an athlete!

Ah, good old Alf.

Up there with Billy's Boots,

Union Jack Jackson,

The Safest Hands in Soccer (Gordon Stewart??? correct me),

and all those ridiculously unPC, jingoistic Commando books, with a black and white snap of a dodgy sports star on the back cover.

Darts players for instance!

For 64 pages they wanted us to sign up and fight the old enemy, and then they say go to pubs, sink a few and throw a few arrows!

Not forgetting writing to dodgy PO boxes for stamps. And X-Ray specs, which were crap....not that I'd know or anything. wink.gif

1. ironman

2. hulk

3. spiderman

4. batman

of coarse the tick is in a class by himself.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 6 2006, 08:55 PM)

Ah, good old Alf.

Union Jack Jackson,

and all those ridiculously unPC, jingoistic Commando books, with a black and white snap of a dodgy sports star on the back cover.

For 64 pages they wanted us to sign up and fight the old enemy, and then they say go to pubs, sink a few and throw a few arrows!

Not forgetting writing to dodgy PO boxes for stamps. And X-Ray specs, which were crap....not that I'd know or anything. wink.gif

Viz comic did an excellent parody of those Commando comics with Spitfire McGuire. Inspired.

My sister used to read a girl's version, and I remember instead of the obligatory b&w snap of a Bolton defender they had pop stars. On one memorable occassion said 'star' was Keith Emerson. Mmmm, dreamy........ (I only realised the crapness of this a few years ago when my parents had a clearout and we found all the old comics).

Don't forget Braddock VC, could take any old crate over to the continent, give Jerry a bloody nose and fly the old girl back over the channel single-handedly with only one engine working. Which was invariably on fire.

QUOTE (Ernest Scribbler @ Jun 6 2006, 03:45 PM)

Ah, good old Alf.

Union Jack Jackson,

Viz comic did an excellent parody of those Commando comics with Spitfire McGuire. Inspired.

My sister used to read a girl's version, and I remember instead of the obligatory b&w snap of a Bolton defender they had pop stars. On one memorable occassion said 'star' was Keith Emerson. Mmmm, dreamy........ (I only realised the crapness of this a few years ago when my parents had a clearout and we found all the old comics).

Don't forget Braddock VC, could take any old crate over to the continent, give Jerry a bloody nose and fly the old girl back over the channel single-handedly with only one engine working. Which was invariably on fire.

But could he do it uphill, in the snow, both ways? wink.gif

To be honest, as a kid I never read Marvel or DC

Apart from the obvious Dandy and Beano, I started with Shiver and Shake which merged with Whizzer and Chips, graduated to Tiger and Scorcher and then did my Masters in 2000 AD.

Favourite characters -

Slow Coach

Face Ache

Hot Shot Hamish

Skid Solo

Martin (and his Marvellous Mini)

But my all time favourite -

DR & Quinch (A kiss on the wrist may be quite continental, but tactical thermonuclear weaponary is a man's best friend)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/comics/images/strips/drandquinch01.gif

Full Strip Here

Edited by madra sneachta

QUOTE (The Gangster of Boats @ Jun 6 2006, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (Ernest Scribbler @ Jun 6 2006, 03:45 PM)

Ah, good old Alf.

Union Jack Jackson,

But could he do it uphill, in the snow, both ways? wink.gif

Honourable mention must go to Kampfgruppe Falken, the grimmest storylines, but lets face it, the Bosche had the best weapons and uniforms!

Hulk

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Miscellaneous/hulktvshow.jpg

Sub-Mariner

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Miscellaneous/Sub-Mariner.jpg

The Vision

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Miscellaneous/Visionyoungavenger_hed.jpg

I was a big Batman fan when I was a kid.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 6 2006, 11:20 PM)

Honourable mention must go to Kampfgruppe Falken, the grimmest storylines, but lets face it, the Bosche had the best weapons and uniforms!

I had this argument with a friend just last week. he insisted the only Airfix kits you needed were the Stuka dive bomber, the ME109 and the Tiger tank. Well, I put him straight at once I can tell you! The Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire were my bedroom arsenal.

Zimmerman!!!...er...I mean...Spiderman!

I grew up on Marvel comics

Also love Ghost Rider (early days with Mike Ploog or Don Heck as artist)

Ironing Man

Used love BP...(Black Panther)

Elektra (still hasn't been done quite right on film)

-Not a superhero thing...but loved Planet of the Apes (originals, not the remake...Marvel put out a magazine in the 70's that was fun to collect)

But the best has to be

Peter Porker, the Amazing SpiderHam!!!!

http://www.badmonkeybrain.com/boards/spiderham.jpg