Counterparts and WebHost Plus.....

Draco

First off, thanks to RushRevisited for letting me make this note about CP here!

Here's the shortened version. I get a email from my hosting company that they are re-assigning all their users with new IP addresses. I make an announcement stating that CP will be down for a day or two, while this change takes place.

I get an email from my hosting company, cancelling the IP reallocation. So I think everything is gonna be status quo. No issues, etc.

What happens tonight? No CP for me, and a few other folks. I contact the hosting company about this, and they reply, "Your server has a new IP address. Did you not receive the notification of this a few weeks back?"

UGH!!!!

So, I have to point the domains and the domain name server to the new IP addresses. (How do I do this? Let's call it a very quick education in server maintenance). CP will be down for I'd say 3 - 5 days (probably shorter) while the new IP gets noticed.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm all broken-up about it. sarcasm.gif

I was not being sarcastic.

Sarcasm is a low form of intellectual oneupmanship.

TRF is a good site, that I visit more than post at.

I hold in my hands a magazine article I wanted sealed in plastic, lovingly sent to me by another Rush fan in Britain.

I just pulled it outof the mailbox.

An airmail article, sent just because I wanted it, in a comic-book plastic wrap.

What nerdy, wonderful peeps we know...

well... this should be a couple of interesting days here for sure..... yes.gif

shit..... where's the funyuns and toaster strudel....QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived