Translation Game

Slaine mac Roth

The following Rush lyric was translated, using Babelfish, from English to Japanese and back to English - do you recognise it?

As for me as for me rather than I thinking of that it is Thats I where I have lived them me why call the operator where some I where I am presume thats the large quantity where I am good always that my time has used in my life me who can live it seems the way and being able to use at 9 it is not o'clock I who occur at 7 it goes o'clock seem that why there is no at all goes here think by your from the beer where I always become cold in doubt and at 5 you take o'clock it returns to the house

Definitely "Working Man."

But without the "beer" and "o'clocks," I wouldn't have known.

Here' another. You'll get it.

English to Russian to English:

There will be time for the feeling as good in proportion to we we can time now, and not to stop us will there time for live as high in proportion to we chonservnaya jar after us you let us only see our dust you you know we it has good days and we hope they it goes to the latter our, is which future it still looks yarke than our the past we we feel the absence of the need not to be worried any reason to be sad our memories remind we, possibly the life of the road not so of plokh. The valid content s', moves onward each day and attempt in order to hold our thoughts of absentee from the house, we is which it is moved all around, any time to establish downward and to satisfy our wanderlust in order to roam. In the best way from the sea to shining to sea, and 100 points still we go to further dig up each exhibition of city in the earth, is which everything they enlarge cordial hand until the morning when will with time for us go.

Right try this:

English-Korean-English

The character science is positive and us with it preservation which gives the nation which the integrity will serve well is identical also must tame in view, the market campaign yet in the nation which integrity is identical it in order to stimulate periodic our imagining the art is positive with expression and it follows us and it is Dob l thing and to be dangerous one bell the man who will be honest yet it will be hypersensitive, will be being opened and the disappearance where the strong thing forms the perfect world-wide nation will revive

"Natural Science." The last part - "Permanent Waves."

English-Arabic-English The Pass----Too obvious, but really funny:

Proud Altbakhter Square school world is waiting applause rebel without conscience martyr without reason that the pace of fixed storm electric you in the veins raging impossible glory tension in invisible chains and now you Alartjav rock on the edge looking to the bottom of the heart of the sea can not face life on the brink of code not you t namely in what would be all of us are lost in the dark knows dreamers guidance of the stars of each of us once in the bottom dreamers move to consider the cars, turning and transformed, turning traffic at the brink code does not run back and bargain me at the door and not as if this barrier severed road only, not in the distribution of publications alone explosion in the demand u singled out constitutes a very bad example of making surrender seems sound Act Nabil warrior has lost the will to fight and now you Alartjav rock on the edge looking to the bottom of the heart of the sea did life on the brink of code rather than you saw in what will be any that the hero in the tragedy and do not dare to escape not Yahya you surrender not you in the fate of noble the Masih what have you done?

------------------------

English-Japanese-English : Give it a shot:

What and who who cannot continue in the vacuum in just others who possess the problem where the can entirely independently we who are not obtain us everything of our monopolized ones as for that the inclination where thing happens is done, as for us we our joys where it cannot do useless [ru] thing are shared, we who are sufficient it should learn being allowed to do, the pain of resonance and everything should be remembered as for everyday us who shake our heads with tragedy the long-term forecast which stands in the surface finish of the wind tunnel under the future where everyday we who to the time capsule which competes under the river from the past stand come fastStudy truth of blue of the thing environment which inspects the state of the thing nation which catches all names of the thing news which you see everything later is moving target, can the hair which should rip and anyone how enlighten the part which is not agreeable? Facing under the future which which competitive everyday under the river which as for truth after everything is attached so imperfectly, as for that it is as for that exactly it is age as for us who exactly are stage as for us who leave as for everyday us who turn the page the time capsule (as for that exactly it is stage) as for us who stand, us the page which is turned leaves and moves fast as for us the wind tunnel (as for that exactly it is stage) as for us who stand, us the page which is turned leaves and comes fast

TURN THE PAGE

I've been interested in language and communication 4 quite awhile. I think this thread has brought up an interesting topic.

How much do you think our vocabulary influences the way we look at others, at ourselves, and different cultures in general?

How much do new words or phrases change how societies think?

Can u give examples?

Edited by Inthend