No new Rush this year

Presto-digitation

RUSH Hope To Release New Studio Album In Early 2007 - May 22, 2006

Canadian rock legends RUSH are hoping to release a new studio album early next year, to be a followed by an extensive tour. Speaking to MoreSugar.com, RUSH bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee said, "With a bit of luck we will have an album out early in 2007 and then go out on the road maybe next spring if we are lucky. It's a little too early to tell yet what direction the new material is taking, but Alex [Lifeson, guitar] and I are just having a blast. We are getting songs written so we are getting there. We kind of record while we write and we would say that we will write and record for the duration of this year. You just never know where it is going to go. I think that's what keeps it fun for us and I am glad that there are people out there that appreciate that."

Bit of good news and a bit of bad news...but I expected this as well...almost all Rush releases are postponed or extended....too bad...but at least we get some new material and a tour!!!!

2.gif

It gives me serious warm fuzzies to think that there are embryonic Rush songs being created right now.

And only the band knows what they are and how they sound.

Like the 'little baby soul' Neil talked about, there are little baby Rush songs in the nursery....

Is that cool or what?

The Geddy quote doesn't seem very timely to me. Seems like it was before Neil fixed dinner for them. Who knows what kind of progress they have made in the studio this month? I'm just glad it's on the way!

5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

Wandering Hermit, Grandpa Grizz, Presto-digitation, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, circumstantial tree

CT, you are not anonymous! What is going on here?! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ May 22 2006, 07:34 PM)
It gives me serious warm fuzzies to think that there are embryonic Rush songs being created right now.

And only the band knows what they are and how they sound.

Like the 'little baby soul' Neil talked about, there are little baby Rush songs in the nursery....

Is that cool or what?

yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ May 22 2006, 09:18 PM)
Bit of good news and a bit of bad news...but I expected this as well...almost all Rush releases are postponed or extended....too bad...but at least we get some new material and a tour!!!!

2.gif

Look at the plus side, it isn't like Pink Floyd who put off things for years and years.

Ya know, somebody's gotta say it: Rush apparently cares more about money than they do entertaining their fans. Not that it; a bad cause, but why don't they earn those tens of millions in revenue by doing another album and a tour? They aren't getting any younger, either...

sad.gif not such good news. I'm just worried that the long they leave it the more problems they might have performing due to age etc.

So 6 years from TFE to VT, and another 5 years from VT to the 'new' album. At this rate, we can expect maybe 2 more albums of original RUSH before they get too old to rock and roll (but are too young to die!)?

QUOTE (gaijin97 @ May 23 2006, 08:10 AM)
So 6 years from TFE to VT, and another 5 years from VT to the 'new' album. At this rate, we can expect maybe 2 more albums of original RUSH before they get too old to rock and roll (but are too young to die!)?

Yeah, but the Rolling Stones (yuck!) are still touring and they are probably 10 years older than Rush. Let's hope that Alex doesn't fall out of a coconut tree though. rofl3.gif

Only problem is compare the rolling stones' music to Rush, then consider how physically demanding it is to play.

QUOTE (the_masked_drummer @ May 23 2006, 06:00 AM)
Ya know, somebody's gotta say it: Rush apparently cares more about money than they do entertaining their fans. Not that it; a bad cause, but why don't they earn those tens of millions in revenue by doing another album and a tour? They aren't getting any younger, either...

I'd have to totally disagree with this. RUSH are doing a new album and tour, but in their own time. They have always done it this way and won't change now. Why does not churning out a new album in FAN time standards make them care more about money??? If they did care more about money than creative integrity, they would churn out a sub-standard release every year, tour for long periods and burn themselves out - they don't!!

They are in their early 50's now and seem to be enjoying a more relaxing way of life, enjoying their families, friends, hobbies and pursuits and for my .02 worth, as long as there is a new album and tour in the works, I'm VERY happy with that.

Archived