The Camera Eye V.S Natural Sciance

Soni

131 members have voted

1. 1. The Camera Eye V.S Natural Sciance

• The Camera Eye
    • Natural Sciance

The Camera Eye kills Natural Science, and beats it to the ground.

I gotta go Natty Sci by a hair. I love Camera Eye: it's sound, Alex's tone in particular, Neil's simple yet deceptively tough drum parts.

But NS has so much going on with lots of instrumental muscle flexing that for me it gets the nod even though Camera may be a more well crafted piece.

Love them both. Can't choose between them. Would love to hear Camera Eye on the next tour, especially when they said they'd rehearsed it for S&A, but had to leave it out due to time constraints.

Natural Science is as good as it gets.

Camera Eye is a nice 5 minute song stretched out to 10 minutes.

I think Natural Science has more depth to it; it's far more complicated in structure and lyrics (metaphorically speaking), to my mind. I like the Camera Eye, it's my favorite track on MP, but I like Natural Science better.

A lot of people consider Tom Sawyer to be the quintessential Rush track (or Limelight). To me, if I had to pick one song to represent the band, it would be Natural Science.

Edited by danielmclark

Natural Science was the first Rush song I fell into obsessive love with back in 2007 when I always had to play it at least twice, and then play the Permanent Waves section three or four more times before I could move on. So that's the sentimental favourite.

However, in recent years, The Camera Eye has become my energising song for when I'm feeling burdened and need to get my blood up, and Alex's solo from it can't even so much as briefly cross my mind without giving me at least a small burst of joy.

The Camera Eye takes it by a shred!