IDOL

launchpad67a

Chris was too generic for me. He could sing well, but turn on any modern rock radio station and you'll hear that sound. I definitely think Taylor is more talented than him... aside from his drunk karaoke guy dancing.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least chris has some balls. goat boy is a good kid and he can sing but he is one dimentional. there is not alot of versitility there. ask him to step out of the box and he fails misserably. plus his personality is like a bowl of vanilla ice cream , its nice but very bland. i do think as a person he seems like a class individual. chris i believe has much more versiltility. he can sing a balad and succeed doing it unlike elliot who cant sing a song with any balls to save his life. as a singer of 20 years i totally think chris has much more to offer than elliot . now to taylor , this kid has charisma and showmanship . his he a great vocalist ? i wouldnt say so , but he knows how to showcase his strenths . thats the mark of a pro , knowing how to use what you have to the max. thats why he is still in this. lastly katherine has the chops and the look and should win this at this point . she will definetly be the easiest to market if she wins . she however could use an extra once of humility cause i do see a hell of alot of it in her. i cant picture her losing with much grace .well thats my complete take on it and of coarse all my opinions are right on dog. wink.gif Edited by tick

(warning: this is filled with strong opinions - you've been warned)

one more thing:

ok, i really love katherine - always have. yeah, she's incredibly hot, but she can also sing. she had somewhat of an off night on elvis night (jeez, who thinks of these awful theme nights, anyway?), but i still think she's great and i can easily see her as the american idol and have a successful career. it's not like it really super matters to me anyway as i've never bought an album by any american idol candidate and very likely never will. at least her stuff i would look forward to hearing somewhat, as opposed to ruben or fantasia ( 062802puke_prv.gif - r&b) or carrie ( 062802puke_prv.gif - country). kelly clarkson has made some good tunes. again, nothing i've bought or would buy, but at least i find it somewhat entertaining.

taylor i like. i like his joe cocker style - very unique in today's music world. he can be a little over the top with his performing, but i wouldn't mind if he won as he's interesting.

goatboy - man - well, he can sing, but i just don't like him for some reason and neither does the wife. he's not like a nasty person or anything, but he's just goofy.

anyway, it should be interesting. katharine just lost her chief competition, so she's got a helluva shot as long as she doesn't blow it.

if goatboy wins (he should have been out of there weeks ago) - oh, i don't even want to think about that... wacko.gif

My opinions are all the same as Tick's, except for the bit about Kat needing humility.

I don't think she's arrogant or egotistical or anything.

And I agree with Goob about these awful "theme nights." How often has this season's contestants been given free reign to sing whatever the hell they want? Not often.

My favorite - until she was voted off - was Melissa McGhee. She could sing, and HOO BOY that body! This season, I was thinking with my "little head" instead of my (slightly) bigger one. Once she was eliminated, it was Chris Daughtry all the way. Now I don't give a rat's a$$.

very good point about the themes , these producers need to get a clue. making these kids sing elvis , disco , country is just lame brain . let them showcase who they are a bit more so you dont lose great contestants to stupid themes. elvis , please ! what can you really do with an elvis song. then to make matters worse the judges complain that they arent bringing it .what the hell can you bring to the table chops wise on a 50s theme night ?

QUOTE (tick @ May 12 2006, 09:03 AM)
very good point about the themes , these producers need to get a clue. making these kids sing elvis , disco , country is just lame brain . let them showcase who they are a bit more so you dont lose great contestants to stupid themes. elvis , please ! what can you really do with an elvis song. then to make matters worse the judges complain that they arent bringing it .what the hell can you bring to the table chops wise on a 50s theme night ?

Agreed about these stupid themes. Country night is what did Marissa in(that's her name, right)? Although her vocal abilities sort of limited her to a certain style, she could sing the roof off of the building. The night she was voted off is when I started losing faith in the show - especially when goofballs like Bucky were still in the running.

However here's a counter point about having themes... Chris was the only one who could see his way through any theme and make his own footprint on it. None of the others could do that. From that point, having themes really flushes out who can rise above them, instead of fall into them.

Anyway - I hope to see Taylor win at this point. I like goatboy alot, but just don't see him as a front runner. Fantastic voice, and I think he'll have a great career - but not as a pop star. And I just can't catch on to anything that Kat does. She has a good voice, but just doesn't seem to have a great voice. Everytime I hear her sing, it's like she's this close to sounding great but just can't quite get there.

Looking back to past seasons, I think Carrie Underwood is the best 'winner' to come out of that show. yes.gif Now that Chris is gone, this season's winner won't come close to that.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 11 2006, 06:54 PM)
Here's my take on what happened. 

I think a LOT of people either:

a) were surprised by someone else's performance and thought they were worthy enough to make it to the next round (taylor or goat boy) so they voted for them, assuming chris would automatically get enough votes because he kicks ass..

cool.gif were dissapointed by someone else's performance and still loved them and wanted to save them from elimination (katherine) so they voted for them, assuming chris would automatically get enough votes because he kicks ass.

if enough people did that, they took enough votes away from chris.  that's why people were so shocked i think - they took him as a "given", but enough people take him a given and he got given away.  f***ing shame, really, but if anyone is gonna automatically have a great career after AI who didn't win, it's chris daughtrey.  people LOVE him. yes.gif

There's an article currently on CNN HERE which confirms that Chris Daugthery will indeed be the lead singer of Fuel. One quote confirms, I think, some of what I said above:

"so many people had picked him to win -- which may have led overconfident fans to not bother casting votes."

I'm not a big fan of modern music, so I'm really the last person who should know anyway (so please forgive me my opinions), but I must say that I've only ever HEARD of Fuel. I went to Amazon.com and listened to clips of Shimmer and Sunburn, supposedly their most popular songs? They both sounded completely unfamiliar (and to these ears standard rock/alternative fare, but oh well). Then I read that he had sung Hemorrhage on the show itself. I listened to a clip of that song and STILL didn't recognize it (that can't be good, can it? unsure.gif ). Anyway, it'll be a new group when he joins, and the article claims he's a songwriter himself, so maybe he'll pen some tracks himself.

Edited by rushgoober

i wasn't shocked about chris' departure one bit. for those who haven't been there yet - www.dialidol.com

chris may have talent, but he didn't have the rabid foaming at the mouth fanbases like taylor (soul patrol) and elliot (yaminions) and he didn't get much of the tween text messaging vote that kat gets.

Well..I liked Chris yes.gif Quite the rockin dude 1022.gif He'd do an amazing job as Fuels lead singer I think.

But I hope Taylor wins cheer.gif

There is just something about him..he has an amazing soulful voice. Reminds me of Joe Cocker.

I think that dance of his will soon be sweeping the nation 653.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ May 12 2006, 10:15 AM)
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/elliot6.jpg

You guys are killing me with the Goat Boy thing rofl3.gif

*quite the set of ears that lad has too* wink.gif

laugh.gif

my wife laurette came up with that weeks back and in our house to me my wife and daughter he is goat boy.

THE FINAL 3..WHO IS IT GONNA BE

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/katharine.jpg Katherine

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/iiekel.jpg Taylor

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/elliott.jpg Elliot..a.k.a Goat Boy

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/features/jimbreuer/images/jim_4_th.gif

simon - "if im being honest that performance was absolutly goatsly !"

http://www.msu.edu/~kenne145/goatboyE.jpg

i apreciate your honesty simon.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 12 2006, 03:25 PM)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/rushgoober3/GOATBOY4.jpg

we should introduce him to the netter.

Goat...boy!

Goat...boy!

Goat...boy!

653.gif

Go goatboy. Go goatboy. It's yer birthday...

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 12 2006, 07:26 AM)
if goatboy wins (he should have been out of there weeks ago) - oh, i don't even want to think about that...  wacko.gif

Exactly! He should have been out of there weeks ago shouldn't he? As I said in my last post, I have never watched this show so, I'm probably the only one here who is impartial to any of these finalists.

It seems like this year is the year of the underdog, or goatdog as it may be. laugh.gif Also, I bet it's time for a guy to win it. We've had 2 females in a row the past 2 years. Going for 3 females in a row? Nah, I think not! cool.gif

So, the underdog + non-female winner = Elliott Goatboy! Bank on it! LOL tongue.gif

Check this link out and look at what I've had to put up with today around this Elliott crazed town! He's been everywhere. In a damn parade, at the Richmond Braves game throwing out the first pitch, etc. etc. Geezus! Click on the Goatboy if you dare! lol Elliott watch - 24/7

http://home.comcast.net/~assbuster/051206elliott1.jpg

To feelingwithyourskin:

I screwed up.

In what may be the most bitterly ironic moments in TRF mod history, I hit 'Delete' instead of 'Quote' in your message concerning a deleted post. I must have just had delete on the brain when I went to reply to it and hit it without thinking. I hope that you will accept my humble apology, and understand that I'm only human.

Now, the reason I was going to reply to your post in the first place was to ask: What deleted post were you referring to?

Speaking of Elliot looking like Goatboy:

Anyone else think Justin Guarini (AI season one) looked like Sideshow Bob?

http://www.callus.com/separatedatbirth/justinguarini.jpg http://www.callus.com/separatedatbirth/cartoon1.jpg

Edited by GeddyRulz