IDOL

launchpad67a

All of it doesn't matter in regards to American Idol because, in 8 months, this year's winner will fade away into obscurity! If you look at all past Idol notables, all but kelly clarkson are just a memory. The only thing I have been hearing about Clay Aiken was the gay scandal. Where the hell did Rueben (or however the hell you spell his name) go. Thank god for the re-occuring Idol seasons, because that is the only way these people are gonna be remembered.

Death to the show we know as American Idol! 1287.gif

Edited by Modest Man From Mandrake

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jun 1 2006, 01:42 PM)
Son hits mother during American Idol discussion unsure.gif

Read about it here

Oh my Ged! That's not too far from where I live! First I heard of it, though.

American Idol: it tears families apart.

Reminds me of a true news story I read about once. Seems two members of a family had been killed when gunplay erupted in their home. A disagreement had started over the topic of "who had done the most for Mom." Hahahaha! And "mom" was one of the victims.

Monday, July 10, 2006; Posted: 1:12 p.m. EDT (17:12 GMT)

'Idol's' Daughtry gets record deal

NEW YORK (AP) -- Coming in fourth place on "American Idol" isn't so bad.

Chris Daughtry, who was voted off the Fox talent contest's fifth edition in an elimination round, has signed with music mogul Clive Davis in conjunction with 19 Recordings Unlimited, the label managed by "Idol" creator Simon Fuller, RCA Records announced Monday.

The 26-year-old North Carolina native will form a band "and has already begun to work with A-list collaborators" to write and record material for an album, expected to be released later this year.

Daughtry turned down an offer to be lead singer for the band Fuel last month. His raspy vocals can be heard on the "American Idol: Season Five" compilation CD, which features his popular cover of Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive."

Edited by rushgoober

Good for Chris. He was hands-down the best of the field on AI5, and much better than the other "rockers" on the current reality show "Rock Star: Supernova."