IDOL

launchpad67a

Well after Chris was voted off the island last night, I have lost all faith in the American publics knowledge of good music and talent! IMO, Paris had the best voice in the whole competition but she could never win it. Chris is a true star but 'idiot america' can't see past the crap music of today and probably wishes there we some gangsta rapper guy in the running.

WTF????????!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris deserved to win this thing and I really can't believe he's out!

I believe Green Day said it best with American Idiot !

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was totally shocked that Chris Daughtry was eliminated; I thought he was gonna take the whole thing. The rest of these shmucks are doing "Star Search" quality performances, but Chris's performances stood up in the real world. I may stop watching now.

On the plus side, he should have no problem getting a good gig.

Fuel already offered to make him their new lead singer.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 11 2006, 12:30 PM)

That's perfect. He would be a great addition to Fuel!!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ May 11 2006, 03:33 PM)

The good news is that Chris is better than what AI had to offer him. I would bet it would be against his better interests to be forced into a crappy deal as the winning prize for running away with the competition. Now, he got all the exposure he needed and he'll kick ass as he sees fit.

I like the other two guys left, but agree they do not deserve to be in front of Chris. That Cat girl, whatever her name is - just does not stand up as a good singer and has awful stage presence. What she's doing this far into the competition, I can't figure it out.

I think the show's credibility took a huge hit last night.

Another plus to his being eliminated:

He'll no longer have to perform in those campy "Kids from Fame" up-with-people group numbers! They just weren't his style; he was slowly loosing street cred doing those songs. The Ford commercials weren't helping, either.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ May 11 2006, 02:33 PM)

I think he had to turn Fuel down, because he's contractually obligated to AI still.

He has to go on their "AI5" tour, with all that choreographed crap.

QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ May 11 2006, 12:51 PM)
taylor's going to win anyway. after years of having the "freak vote" come in second, they're going to have their winner

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Kat will win now. Even though she really doesn't 'have it'. The only 'star' of the entire competition is gone...voted off the island by idiot america!

QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ May 12 2006, 12:38 AM)
where'd hate's reply go? unsure.gif i miss my friendly neighborhood stalker wub.gif

A few of my posts have vanished. Maybe I am not the long awaited froind I thought I was.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ May 11 2006, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ May 11 2006, 12:51 PM)
taylor's going to win anyway.  after years of having the "freak vote" come in second, they're going to have their winner

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Kat will win now.

That would big time infurtiate me. She doesn't belong there.

I dunno; I think Kat has more star appeal than Elliot.

Elliot may be a good singer, but he's un-memorable an unexciting.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 11 2006, 01:22 PM)
I dunno; I think Kat has more star appeal than Elliot.
Elliot may be a good singer, but he's un-memorable an unexciting.

Thats exactly right. He really can sing but is no star.

chris daughtry rocks ! 1022.gif total travesty.

katherine is hot though ! wub.gif she had better win at this point. im mean c'mon whos gonna be the next idol elliot ? a.k.a. goat boy from remember the 80s.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ May 11 2006, 03:40 PM)
elliot ? a.k.a. goat boy from remember the 80s.

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Bbbaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...............

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ May 11 2006, 05:45 PM)

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Omigod! He DOES look like Goat Boy!

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 11 2006, 06:48 PM)

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

z7shysterical.gif

yes.gif laugh.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 11 2006, 06:49 PM)

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

z7shysterical.gif

That's Funny!! laugh.gif

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/elliot6.jpg<-click

Edited by paganoman

QUOTE (paganoman @ May 11 2006, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ May 11 2006, 06:49 PM)

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

z7shysterical.gif

That's Funny!! laugh.gif

http://www.gambling911.com/Elliott-Yamin.jpg<-click

I have never watched AI but, I hear plenty about it every day since GOAT BOY is still in the running. Why? Cause he's from this damn city I live in!

OMFG Every day someone from here is saying, "Oh man, Elliot has just got to win this thing!" or "Only 2 more days till Elliot is on TV again!" STFU already! laugh.gif

The local TV stations all have an 'Elliot Watch' posted 24/7! WTH is that!

Man, I hate to say it but, I think it's rigged so Goat Boy is indeed gonna win it. After all, he got coached early on in the contest from Barry Manilow himself, a Goat Boy too almost in the old days. lol Not as bad though I must admit. tongue.gif

Elliot winning would send this city into histerics. I don't get it of course but, oh well. Just get the damn thing overwith! wacko.gif

First ... for all of you who think that Chris should have won ... did any of you vote? Everyone I know who liked him and are upset today, didn't vote. The reason a rocker will most likely never win AI is because most rockers think Idol is an idiot show. It isn't.

Also, Elliott has a great voice, very talented, world class, this was echoed by folks like Rod Stewart, Stevie Wonder, and the other guests ... I don't particularly like Elliott, he has this deer in the headlights look about him, but you can't deny his talent. Also, he is a cool guy from eveything I can tell.

Taylor will win as he is the most talented and versatile of the bunch. He is a blues man, GREAT voice, much better than Chris's. Very unique and entertaining, a natural performer. unless his voice drops, he will win. Also, he really is a rocker, maybe not in the same vein as tool, but a rocker just the same. I would love to play in his band.

kat will be the runner up, I believe she will do well this week and elliott will go home.

Here's my take on what happened.

I think a LOT of people either:

a) were surprised by someone else's performance and thought they were worthy enough to make it to the next round (taylor or goat boy) so they voted for them, assuming chris would automatically get enough votes because he kicks ass..

cool.gif were dissapointed by someone else's performance and still loved them and wanted to save them from elimination (katherine) so they voted for them, assuming chris would automatically get enough votes because he kicks ass.

if enough people did that, they took enough votes away from chris. that's why people were so shocked i think - they took him as a "given", but enough people take him a given and he got given away. f***ing shame, really, but if anyone is gonna automatically have a great career after AI who didn't win, it's chris daughtrey. people LOVE him. yes.gif

1 - taylor's the only one who has not been in the bottom two. i can't see any way for him to not win at this point.

2 - this is definitely not rigged for elliot to win. they don't want elliot to win because they don't know what to do with him... or taylor either, for that matter. ideally, kat is the most marketable and malleable, for the pop market.

3 - none of these people are worth voting for anyway. i saw live tonight and i am so high off the show that i don't want to go to sleep. it was amazing and such a performance... chris is ed lite. he wishes that he were even half as good.

Edited by feelingwithyourskin

QUOTE (ES-335 @ May 11 2006, 06:42 PM)
First ... for all of you who think that Chris should have won ... did any of you vote? Everyone I know who liked him and are upset today, didn't vote. The reason a rocker will most likely never win AI is because most rockers think Idol is an idiot show. It isn't.

Also, Elliott has a great voice, very talented, world class, this was echoed by folks like Rod Stewart, Stevie Wonder, and the other guests ... I don't particularly like Elliott, he has this deer in the headlights look about him, but you can't deny his talent. Also, he is a cool guy from eveything I can tell.

Taylor will win as he is the most talented and versatile of the bunch. He is a blues man, GREAT voice, much better than Chris's. Very unique and entertaining, a natural performer. unless his voice drops, he will win. Also, he really is a rocker, maybe not in the same vein as tool, but a rocker just the same. I would love to play in his band.

kat will be the runner up, I believe she will do well this week and elliott will go home.

First: Yes, I vote every week!

Second: Taylor will not win. Kat will because of the 'american idiot' problem! Idiot America has a fashion for looks over talent...point made!

Nobody dissed his talent or his coolness. In fact, the earlier posts agree that he CAN sing well. But he doesn't have that "star" quality that AI viewers go for; he's unattractive and easily forgettable.

And I can't believe you think Taylor is more talented than Daughtry. To each his own, I guess, but I think Daughtry was performing on a whole other level than the rest of the field; they're all singing like they're in a High School musical, and he's firing up the stage like a Fuel concert. I like Taylor too, but no way is he better than Chris Daughtry, IMO.

It's anyone's to win now. But I think the nod will go to Kat; as someone said, she's the most marketable and malleable for the Pop Music scene. It always helps if you're attractive.