24 replies to this topic

#21 Slacker

Slacker

The Paradise of Milk

• Members *
  • 10649 posts
  • Interests:Throwing things.

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (chaostrophy @ Nov 1 2004, 10:34 PM)
Coincidentally, "Xanadu" was the first Rush song I ever heard, thanks to WPLJ ("New York's Best Rock") in 1979.

Wow WPLJ...that was a long time ago..If you listen to Q104 last week in work about 11pm i couldn"t be leave what i heard...here agan...no shit .. it was on for about 2mins my cell phone started ringing...just a few of my friends letting me know what was playing... yes.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 Snowdog

Snowdog

In a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• 8805 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:09 PM

A local rock station used to do a charity request drive. You give $ and they'll play the song you request. I called and asked how much to play "The Camera Eye", well, obviously they didn't have a clue what the song was and asked me to hold. They came back about 3 or 4 minutes later and said $500! Other "staple" classic rock songs were going for 20 bucks. I then asked them how much for SOR, and they said $50, still higher than normal, I told 'em ok and gave 'em my info, but it still ticks me off that it seemed to cost more to play Rush than Zep or the Stones or the Who, etc. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  

#23 earthshiner

earthshiner

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:12 PM

what station, maybe i get it.

#24 pedro2112

pedro2112

The Quasi-Mexican

• Members *
  • 7890 posts
  • Interests:Lawn Furniture and antique phlegm jars

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Nov 2 2004, 05:12 PM)
what station, maybe i get it.

100.9 out of LaSalle County. It's the local rock station. Not bad actually.

#25 Proggy

Proggy

The Seeker

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:The usual; music (coupled with air drumming lol), reading (mostly on-line nowadays!) and hitting the gym a couple of times a week...

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 2 2004, 04:09 PM)
A local rock station used to do a charity request drive. You give $ and they'll play the song you request. I called and asked how much to play "The Camera Eye", well, obviously they didn't have a clue what the song was and asked me to hold. They came back about 3 or 4 minutes later and said $500! Other "staple" classic rock songs were going for 20 bucks. I then asked them how much for SOR, and they said $50, still higher than normal, I told 'em ok and gave 'em my info, but it still ticks me off that it seemed to cost more to play Rush than Zep or the Stones or the Who, etc. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Oooh, that story made me laugh for the first time today!  icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Look at it this way: quality costs. wink.gif    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users