I like the Japanese girl!!!!

Sponsored Post

#22 Bastille Night

Bastille Night

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2407 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:35 PM

Last night's episode was another great one 1022.gif .....but the cliffhanger won't be continued until January  fists crying.gif

More important for those who haven't started watching this show yet......reruns start next week (December 15th) with a special rebroadcast of the 2-hour series premiere .  Set your calendar to remind you, and tune in !!  common001.gif  cheer.gif

#23 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22071 posts
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Dec 9 2004, 02:35 PM)
Last night's episode was another great one 1022.gif .....but the cliffhanger won't be continued until January  fists crying.gif

More important for those who haven't started watching this show yet......reruns start next week (December 15th) with a special rebroadcast of the 2-hour series premiere .  Set your calendar to remind you, and tune in !!  common001.gif  cheer.gif

Having not see the first three, I am all over it!  yes.gif  

#24 Slaine mac Roth

Slaine mac Roth

Uber-Geek

• Members *
  • 8106 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, painting, my children, cinema

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:46 PM

The wife has just dowloaded and burnt the latest episode - should be watching it later biggrin.gif  

#25 Bastille Night

Bastille Night

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2407 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Dec 9 2004, 02:35 PM)

Bumparama

Remember to set you VCR kiddies (or TIVO for the technogeeks).

Lost is starting over again tomorrow night with the 2-hour series premiere (Wednesday, 8pm, EST) 1022.gif

#26 Slaine mac Roth

Slaine mac Roth

Uber-Geek

• Members *
  • 8106 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:00 AM

We've actually got them on VCD and will be transferring to DVD soon.  Not bad saying that it won't start in the UK until after the new year

#27 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22071 posts
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:34 PM

Regarding last night's episode:

If Sayyid thought that the compass Locke gave him was defective, then why did he simply not check it against the one he made? Or did he?

My 'monster' theory: I am leaning towards the theory that 'Lost' is a retelling of Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'. The insane French woman may be Ariel gone mad, and the 'monster' may be her dark side manifesting itself. Also, perhaps the mysterious man who kidnapped the pregnant woman is Caliban. I wonder who will be Prospero? Could the hatch be the entrance to Prospero's cave under seal? What do you guys think? Is any of this feasible, or am I talking through my hat?

#28 Snowdog

Snowdog

In a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• 8805 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2005, 01:34 PM)

If Sayyid thought that the compass Locke gave him was defective, then why did he simply not check it against the one he made? Or did he?

My 'monster' theory: I am leaning towards the theory that 'Lost' is a retelling of Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'. The insane French woman may be Ariel gone mad, and the 'monster' may be her dark side manifesting itself. Also, perhaps the mysterious man who kidnapped the pregnant woman is Caliban. I wonder who will be Prospero? Could the hatch be the entrance to Prospero's cave under seal? What do you guys think? Is any of this feasible, or am I talking through my hat?

Jack, in all seriousness, your scope of knowledge never fails to impress. But I think you're giving these guys way too much credit. Any parallels between the two I think are merely coincidental. These guys just want to put on a show that gets ratings and makes money (not an indictment). But that's just cynical ol' me. cool.gif  

#29 Digital Man

Digital Man

He's got a force field and a flexible plan...

• 8407 posts
  • Interests:My Beautiful Fiancee Sundog, all our kids, RUSH, cigars, beer, Tequila, RUSH, bbqing, snow skiing

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2005, 10:34 AM)

That's an interesting theory Jack.  The hole I find in your theory is that the monster grabbed the pilot out of the cockpit up in a tree in one of the first episodes.  It also makes a lot of noise when it walks, ground shaking etc...The first time they heard it was from the beach at night.  It would have to be pretty big to be heard over the ocean.

About the comapss being defective, I thought the same thing about testing it against the one he made.

#30 Bastille Night

Bastille Night

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2407 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2005, 01:34 PM)

Interesting theory Jack, and I don't have an opinion because I can't remember most of the basis of The Tempest....perhaps a reread is in order.

I'm starting to think that the island makes people have hyper-real hallucinations based on the "skeletons in their closet"...this week's episode had the most realistic hallucination so far in which the guy actually had conversations with his "sister" as they were being chased by the monster.  Locke seems to have it all figured out, but I'm still pretty confused....and lovin' it:haz:

#31 yyz

yyz

To make a long story short...

• Members *
  • 2384 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:56 PM

'Tis a good show.

yes.gif

#32 Slaine mac Roth

Slaine mac Roth

Uber-Geek

• Members *
  • 8106 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:42 AM

Finaly got around to watching the latest episode last night and have got to say that it was one of the best yet.

However, something sturck both me and the wife while watching it - while the big noisy monster thing was chasing Shannon and Boone, we both commented that the sound it made seemed to be mechanical in nature.  Plus, if I remember right, a similar comment was made by Rose in the pilot episode.

We've drawn no conclusions from this, just thought it was interesting to point out.

#33 Signals1982

Signals1982

"All you can eat sushi"

• Members
  • 17542 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music, watching movies, playing sports, drinking beer, eating good food, and banging on the drums.

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:10 PM

Great Show! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#34 NeilPeartFan2112

NeilPeartFan2112

The Analog Kid - Neil's Youngest Protégé

• Members *
  • 11677 posts
  • Interests:Music, drums, collecting

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:04 AM

I finally saw an episode of this show and it was quite good.   trink39.gif  

#35 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22071 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:36 PM

All right, after watching tonight's episode, I have two words:

DAMMIT, CHARLIE!

OK, I'm done......

#36 Schro

Schro

The Playwright

• Members *
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:47 AM

You guys have piqued my interest but I haven't seen one show yet, would want to start from the beginning.

Guess I'll have to wait til it comes out on dvd.

Sounds like fun.   cool.gif

Schro

#37 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, Firefighting. Love workin' on projects around my house and spending time with my wife and kids. Rush goes with anything.

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:16 PM

Yeah I'm the same way Schro.  I've seen only one episode in it's entirety.  None since.  I caught a bit of last night's and saw what Charlie did.  Problem is... I don't know who this man is, what he's done, why they wanted him, etc.

I wish I could just know all of the major plot  lines and events.  It would be so helpful.  I guess I could search Lost out on Google - but whatever 'web' time I have.... I spend here.   laugh.gif  

#38 Schro

Schro

The Playwright

• Members *
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:26 PM

Hey, in case I really can't wait that long, can one of you web-slingin' folks hook me up with how to get it from the web?  I'm bit-torrent challenged, or whatever you use, but I might be interested.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 10 2005, 12:16 PM)

I guess I could search Lost out on Google - but whatever 'web' time I have.... I spend here.   laugh.gif

You kill me paganoman.  rofl3.gif

Schro

#39 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22071 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 10 2005, 12:26 PM)
Hey, in case I really can't wait that long, can one of you web-slingin' folks hook me up with how to get it from the web?  I'm bit-torrent challenged, or whatever you use, but I might be interested.

Slaine is your man. He downloads the eps.

How 'bout it, Slaine? Can you help Schro out here?

Edited by Jack Aubrey, 10 February 2005 - 12:35 PM.

#40 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, Firefighting. Love workin' on projects around my house and spending time with my wife and kids. Rush goes with anything.

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:37 PM

SLAINE!!!!! CALLING SLAINE!!!!!

I just need the 5 minute catch up.  How does someone who never watched Lost, hop on mid way??????

biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users