Cross posters why r u/why aren't u?

Tom Sawyer

I only post here & have been here not too long and met a lot of great people Caring people too i say this is the Best !! But am happy to see new faces come in even if it is just cause yours went down Stay Awhile Relax and have Fun !! yes.gif bekloppt.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counterparts sucks. That little ezboard will never amount to anything. The Monkey House is where the action is. That board has a bright future!

Actually, I rarely have time to post anywhere anymore, but I have been a "counterpeep" for over six years now and, though The Solar Federation/The Flyer Forum and BOC Online were my first boards, CP is where I made my mark online and soiled my good name...okay, maybe I just soiled DarthLen's good name. Where are your CPCDE discs Len?!?!? beathorse.gif

I also have been a member of the Spock's Beard message board since right after it started over five years ago. That is the only message board I go to as much as CP these days.

I vaguely remember counterpeeps mentioning this place after the last CP crash, but I never checked it out (too little time! ). When CP crashed this time I did some searching and found my way here. Lots of names I know. Nice to see DonalK here (under a different user name). I have been listening to Donal's latest exchange cds quite a bit lately and enjoying them greatly.

At any rate, thanks to the TRF crew for providing a safe haven for those counterpeeps who don't want to spend any time with their families while CP is down! tongue.gif

QUOTE (HowlerMonkey @ May 16 2006, 07:45 AM)
Nice to see DonalK here (under a different user name). I have been listening to Donal's latest exchange cds quite a bit lately and enjoying them greatly.

Welcome Bill - Between yourself and Glenn, I'm going through a fair bit of new stuff myself!!!!!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

I post at two different Jane's Addiction forums and administrate at one.

I also post at Peter DiStefano's forum.

They're more my flavor.

I joined a Tim Burton forum, but those people are crazy.

Probably still post here because of a few friends and it's where I met my husband.

Hey Mrs. huck, I belonged to one of the Janes message boards but no one ever posted so I havent posted there in a long time. I was a member at the bands site. Perhaps its now picked up.

QUOTE (pixey @ May 16 2006, 02:15 PM)
Hey Mrs. huck, I belonged to one of the Janes message boards but no one ever posted so I havent posted there in a long time. I was a member at the bands site. Perhaps its now picked up.

Yeah, the band's site is crap.

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 15 2006, 06:43 PM)
CP is preferred only because it is phonetically "See pee", which I find funny.

"Tee are eff" doesn't have the same appeal.

fing.gif

You have strange fascinations, don't you, Jeremy?

confused13.gif bekloppt.gif

I joined TRF a couple of years ago after hearing mention of it at CP. Posted a few times, but was admittedly impatient about having to wait to participate in the political forums! tongue.gif Not that I didn't enjoy the place or the people; I just prefered CP's rougher edges!

I started my Rush online odyssey in 99 at TRC, found CP in 00 and did cross-post at the two quite a bit (also WC), before settling in primarily at CP. The last few years my online participation has waxed and waned quite erratically - but it's always nice to check in, see what's afoot, and get updates on the band! I've enjoyed "rediscovering" TRF, and the good folks who inhabit it! cool.gif

QUOTE (keneticdreamer @ May 16 2006, 03:05 AM)
Hey'ya Monkey and Mama Stacy! bekloppt.gif

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the welcome Donal. I have been on a steady diet of nothing but exchange cds the last week. Looking to do some long overdue reviews and likely shame Len further, as that has become my life's work. tongue.gif

I'm actually a member of three Rush messageboards although I'm not a particularly prolific poster in any of them.

I suppose my primary "home" would be T-N-M-S as that is where the majority of my posts are. I also like the "Britishness" of it and the greater amount of irony in the content. There are also a lot less of the uncritical "fanboys" which really annoy me, and you can criticise the band without being flamed by idiots. I don't however agree with their policy of exclusion of non-European IP addresses although that does contribute to the atmosphere there. It has been going through a bit of a stale period for a while now though, so I haven't been there too much lately.

As for the differences between TRF and CP, well it's horses for courses really. They are both different, although there is a lot more irrelevant rubbish and in -jokes on CP which I have neither the time or inclination to find out more about

Archived