• Driven
    • Resist
    • Animate
    • Cut to the Chase
    • Dreamline
    • Bravado
    • The Pass
    • Other (please state)

It was between "Driven" and "Secret Touch." I chose "Driven" because I remember my reaction when I first heard it; I liked how heavy it was, and how it sounded like Rush combined with Iron Maiden and Tool. I liked how Rush had completely abandoned the clean guitar/synth sound of their Power Windows through Roll The Bones period and were back to bludgeoning their listeners.

"Double Agent" and "Leave That Thing Alone" get honorable mentions.

Sorry guys'n'gals, forgot to add my favourite...silly me no.gif

Whilst I love the lyrics to Resist, I prefer the live acoustic version "...something a little different" to quote Geddy. I like Animate (quote below), but my absolute favourite is Earthshine. This is such a cool song and sends shudders down my spine. It reminds me a lot of Subdivisions and has a similar tempo.

Long live one of the worlds most influential and intelligent bands gg.gif

Thats like asking me to pick my favorite kid!!! I just cant do it! Its a total toss up between Animate, Bravado, Cut To The Chase oh forget it. I can go on and on!!

Hmmm...let me see... Half The World, Nocturne, Time And Motion, Test For Echo... Yes, any of those four would do nicely!

Earthshine, LTTA, Cold Fire, CTTC and Dreamline are bubbling under... smile.gif

I voted Earthshine although there are some other songs I think I might like more but don't really want to think too hard about it first thing in the morning.

Good choices though.

I voted for The Pass.... just a gorgeous song. That said, I LOVE the acoustic Resist and also The Way It Is, The Larger Bowl (eh), and a few others.

To find the best post 1990 song from 2.gif is like tossing splitting hairs. wink.gif

This poll was started in 2004, so - obviously - it did not include anything from "Snakes & Arrows." Given the available choices, I selected "Earthshine," though there are many great songs from this era.

If "S & A" had been included, I'd have considered voting for "Armor and Sword."

Out of the ones on this list, it came close between Secret Touch, Resist (accoustic version, obviously), Animate, Bravado and The Pass... I guess I could have put "Other" because I love alot of the other songs.

Out of these, Secret Touch at the moment. A while ago I would have said Animate and befoe that it would have been The Pass or Bravado.

Just one of those impossible descisions I guess...

What an odd poll to bump since it's so out of date. wacko.gif

Had S&A been included, I would have voted for Armor & Sword in a heartbeat.

Without S&A it was still a very easy choice - Dreamline for me is easily their best song from RTB through VT...

Archived