the not-so great mascot war of '06

Lenerd

I was just a young kitten when I was found under whitetrash's pickup truck, one night in the hills of Missouri.

I remember eating a piece of cold pizza I had found in the parking lot of the Sloopy Dippenface bar, just outside of Kirksville.

I heard a chink as a Miller Lite bottle hit the gravel.

Then a thud as Whitetrash joined it.

He crawled under the truck, and grabbed the bottle.

That was when he saw me.

I was afraid.

He said, "ooooo lookit the kiddy-cat!"

He scratched me under the chin.

He took my pizza and started eating it.

(to be continued)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was really funny and I was eagerly awaiting chapter 2, but I would understand if you didn't want to be creative in this vein anymore. I think it's quite ironic that you chose that as a title well before all the stupidity went down though. Ooops, i mentioned it. Where's the padlock? tongue.gif

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ May 7 2006, 10:52 PM)
this is just tooo wierd...

Weird is what we do kiddo. There's a bunch of us here, unflatteringly called the "goob crew", that like to release tension and have a little bit of fun here. It's not up to some folks "standards" of what fun is, so luckily a whole seperate playroom was created for things that didn't quite fit or need to tie up Random Samples. Well... now even that room seems to be unsafe for the "goob crew". This thread was posted well before the latest uncalled for disagreement and resulting series of locked threads, so i thought it quite ironic (for the record... the locked threads aren't what i'm calling uncalled for). I also thought the original post in here and where it was headed was quite brilliantly hilarious and was eagerly awaiting the followup to it. Some of these "silly idiots" around here should be getting big money to be the star of their own sitcoms. Unfortunately they missed their calling and only get to grace the small few of us here with their brilliance.

I would love it if say one of these comedic geniuses did become famous for their comedy and got to meet up with the same people that thought so little of them when they tried to brighten our days with some silliness to break up the bullshit that IS all our lives.

necro jumps off the soapbox, cuz really... who's listening?

Yeah, but unfortunately, the mindless masses aren't ready for Jawk Jaw, Wax Your Gorilla Day, or Goob's arguments with himself in chat. It takes a special kind of connoisseur to enjoy that flavor of humor.

"Another bottle of the Dom PerinGeds '53, my good man."

On a sad note, it seems most of the drivers around here have no love for cats, as I keep seeing so many of Lenerd's cousins smashed on the roadsides.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 7 2006, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ May 7 2006, 10:52 PM)
this is just tooo wierd...

Weird is what we do kiddo. There's a bunch of us here, unflatteringly called the "goob crew", that like to release tension and have a little bit of fun here. It's not up to some folks "standards" of what fun is, so luckily a whole seperate playroom was created for things that didn't quite fit or need to tie up Random Samples. Well... now even that room seems to be unsafe for the "goob crew". This thread was posted well before the latest uncalled for disagreement and resulting series of locked threads, so i thought it quite ironic (for the record... the locked threads aren't what i'm calling uncalled for). I also thought the original post in here and where it was headed was quite brilliantly hilarious and was eagerly awaiting the followup to it. Some of these "silly idiots" around here should be getting big money to be the star of their own sitcoms. Unfortunately they missed their calling and only get to grace the small few of us here with their brilliance.

I would love it if say one of these comedic geniuses did become famous for their comedy and got to meet up with the same people that thought so little of them when they tried to brighten our days with some silliness to break up the bullshit that IS all our lives.

necro jumps off the soapbox, cuz really... who's listening?

ohmy.gif no.gif tongue.gif bekloppt.gif I listen and i enjoy the Laughs in our litte domain SO Don't JUMP ~~~

any chance we can refrain from the use of "goob crew" - i really don't want to be the leader or participant of any group or clique that excludes anyone, especially since that doesn't really exist anyway.

peace,

gary

Am i a part of the Goobcrew?(one word because i think there one) I hope so smile.gif

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/bobwire/5222-main.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/bobwire/_1522603_aguilera_150.jpg

I still think they look a like

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 8 2006, 01:05 AM)
any chance we can refrain from the use of "goob crew" - i really don't want to be the leader or participant of any group or clique that excludes anyone, especially since that doesn't really exist anyway.

peace,
gary

ranton.gif

What a total crock of liberal crap, goober.

WE don't exclude, we are excluded....from any possible form of respect. Didn't you see that in the locked threads?

Lenerd throws up a simple SARCASTIC remark......and a thread is locked.

Certain others display a total disdain for others all the time, DRIPPING with sarcasm....and.......nothing. Rarely a word of caution, even more infrequently a word of admonishment.

Ya know, it's funny how the number of votes for the mascot DOUBLED the amount of votes for the last battle of the halfwits...which was something I encouraged EVERYONE to participate in....wonder how that happened?

30 Battle of the halfwits votes, which ran for 4 days.....

60 mascot votes which ran for 1 day...

hmmmm..... pm frenzy?

No one really cares about the vote...I don't, and Lenerd doesn't.

But one thing sure as hell is true...it does show where the loyalties lie....

I can't for the life of me figure it out. I have seen Necromancer, You, Tick, and myself apologize PROFUSELY for offending others, when we offended them UNINTENTIONALLY. In fact, I have seen a couple of us MORTIFIED that we MIGHT have offended someone unintentionally.

I have seen ALL of us go out of our way to respect others, to admit we were wrong, and to take the blame in situations where it was clear we weren't really to blame, JUST TO STOP THE ANIMOSITY.

There are certain people here whom I have NEVER seen apologize for shitty remarks they made ON PURPOSE....and believe me, I've been waiting to see it happen. I need something to knock me off my damn chair, and that would be it.

I'm with necromancer, I have no more apology left in me, just cynicism.

Stop being the great appeaser....there are only about 10 people here who really give a shit about you.

I for one am glad to have another name for us...I LIKE the goob-crew.

But if you insist on apologizing for who you are, in the wake of people who never apologize for ANYTHING, and you insist on defending their right to cut your throat, then maybe you're right...you shouldn't be the leader of the GoobCrew....

Maybe we should call ourselves the Tick-Tacks.....

I'd be willing to bet this thread will be closed by the time I get home from work today. I'm sure a post like this could hurt some delicate feelings.

rantoff.gif

If it's not closed, then Lenerd can have his thread back and continue the story. I for one, am really anxious to see how it all came to be.

Rock on, Lenerd!

QUOTE (Geds @ May 8 2006, 07:39 AM)

peace,
gary

ranton.gif

What a total crock of liberal crap, goober.

WE don't exclude, we are excluded....from any possible form of respect. Didn't you see that in the locked threads?

Lenerd throws up a simple SARCASTIC remark......and a thread is locked.

Certain others display a total disdain for others all the time, DRIPPING with sarcasm....and.......nothing. Rarely a word of caution, even more infrequently a word of admonishment.

Ya know, it's funny how the number of votes for the mascot DOUBLED the amount of votes for the last battle of the halfwits...which was something I encouraged EVERYONE to participate in....wonder how that happened?

30 Battle of the halfwits votes, which ran for 4 days.....

60 mascot votes which ran for 1 day...

hmmmm..... pm frenzy?

No one really cares about the vote...I don't, and Lenerd doesn't.

But one thing sure as hell is true...it does show where the loyalties lie....

I can't for the life of me figure it out. I have seen Necromancer, You, Tick, and myself apologize PROFUSELY for offending others, when we offended them UNINTENTIONALLY. In fact, I have seen a couple of us MORTIFIED that we MIGHT have offended someone unintentionally.

I have seen ALL of us go out of our way to respect others, to admit we were wrong, and to take the blame in situations where it was clear we weren't really to blame, JUST TO STOP THE ANIMOSITY.

There are certain people here whom I have NEVER seen apologize for shitty remarks they made ON PURPOSE....and believe me, I've been waiting to see it happen. I need something to knock me off my damn chair, and that would be it.

Stop being the great appeaser....there are only about 10 people here who really give a shit about you.

But if you insist on apologizing for who you are, in the wake of people who never apologize for ANYTHING, and you insist on defending their right to cut your throat, then maybe you're right...you shouldn't be the leader of the GoobCrew....

Maybe we should call ourselves the Tick-Tacks.....

I'd be willing to bet this thread will be closed by the time I get home from work today. I'm sure a post like this could hurt some delicate feelings.

rantoff.gif

If it's not closed, then Lenerd can have his thread back and continue the story. I for one, am really anxious to see how it all came to be.

Rock on, Lenerd!

If you hate this board so much you are free to leave whenever you like.

QUOTE (Geds @ May 8 2006, 04:39 AM)

peace,
gary

I'm friends with a LOT more than 10 people on this board, so this just isn't true.

I'm good friends with the people considered to be in the "goob crew", but I'm also good friends with a lot of other people on this board. I realize there is a perception out there of an exclusive clique. You and I and Tick and Necro and others know that's not the case, but many others don't. I'd just rather not perpetuate that perception by creating a name for us, but if you want to use one, you're free to. I'd rather be more all-inclusive personally.

I'm not apologizing for who I am - I am who I am, and this is part of it. I don't like fighting and I was just doing too much of it. It seems no one wins and I'd rather have peace and happiness. If that's liberal crap, what can I say, I'm a liberal guy. If that has you lose respect for me, well, I'm trying to please myself and hopefully other people will be cool with me too with whatever that is. If not, I can't do anything about it. You know I'm your friend regardless of whether you like how I handle situations or not. And that's what I'm striving for, to be friends with people inside of myself regardless of whether they like me or have a lot of respect for me. You've seen me stand up for myself when I feel I've been unfairly maligned. Speaking for myself, there are times for that, and there are times to let things go for the sake of peace. It's not like people are physically attacking me or doing something really harmful, and I feel I've defended myself when it's appropriate without being a wimp.

All I can do is be me, and all I want is peace between myself and others. If that means apologizing when it seems appropriate and appeasing when it seems appropriate, I'll do it. I'd much rather have peace than try to win arguments or to hold onto perceived slights, whether they're truly malicious or not. I'd just rather let it go, it's too hard to hold onto it. I don't want to be enemies with people, even if they don't like me - it's just not worth it. It's not who I am, and more importantly, it's not who I want to be. I have respect for how anyone feels like handling whatever, but this is the way I'm handling this situation for myself. I don't want to be angry or feel picked upon, so I'm choosing not to feel that way - it's just making life easier for me is all.

Every once in awhile I get to cynicism, but again, that's not what I want for myself. I noticed it creeping in with this mascot situation in regards to some of the stuff you mentioned that was going on in your previous post, but at some point I just let it go. I don't want to exclude or feel excluded, and I'd rather be happy than be cynical - no offense meant.

Peace,

Gary

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 8 2006, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (Geds @ May 8 2006, 04:39 AM)

peace,
gary

I'm friends with a LOT more than 10 people on this board, so this just isn't true.

I'm good friends with the people considered to be in the "goob crew", but I'm also good friends with a lot of other people on this board. I realize there is a perception out there of an exclusive clique. You and I and Tick and Necro and others know that's not the case, but many others don't. I'd just rather not perpetuate that perception by creating a name for us, but if you want to use one, you're free to. I'd rather be more all-inclusive personally.

I'm not apologizing for who I am - I am who I am, and this is part of it. I don't like fighting and I was just doing too much of it. It seems no one wins and I'd rather have peace and happiness. If that's liberal crap, what can I say, I'm a liberal guy. If that has you lose respect for me, well, I'm trying to please myself and hopefully other people will be cool with me too with whatever that is. If not, I can't do anything about it. You know I'm your friend regardless of whether you like how I handle situations or not. And that's what I'm striving for, to be friends with people inside of myself regardless of whether they like me or have a lot of respect for me. You've seen me stand up for myself when I feel I've been unfairly maligned. Speaking for myself, there are times for that, and there are times to let things go for the sake of peace. It's not like people are physically attacking me or doing something really harmful, and I feel I've defended myself when it's appropriate without being a wimp.

All I can do is be me, and all I want is peace between myself and others. If that means apologizing when it seems appropriate and appeasing when it seems appropriate, I'll do it. I'd much rather have peace than try to win arguments or to hold onto perceived slights, whether they're truly malicious or not. I'd just rather let it go, it's too hard to hold onto it. I don't want to be enemies with people, even if they don't like me - it's just not worth it. It's not who I am, and more importantly, it's not who I want to be. I have respect for how anyone feels like handling whatever, but this is the way I'm handling this situation for myself. I don't want to be angry or feel picked upon, so I'm choosing not to feel that way - it's just making life easier for me is all.

Every once in awhile I get to cynicism, but again, that's not what I want for myself. I noticed it creeping in with this mascot situation in regards to some of the stuff you mentioned that was going on in your previous post, but at some point I just let it go. I don't want to exclude or feel excluded, and I'd rather be happy than be cynical - no offense meant.

Peace,

Gary

Well said, Goob. Well said.

unsure.gif

WOW!!!!

I don't know cause I'm new here but

I thought everyone here was just passing

time and possibly make some "FRIENDS".

Why can't we all just get along? I joined here

cause I heard the people are fun...CAN

SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE IS THE FUN?

Lets try this again...

HOW YOU DOIN? 653.gif

bolt.gif

What exactly is the controvesery over here anyway? I am seriously lost on this even though I thought I had followed this whole "mascot thing". Can someone explain the problem here without snippy posts? What exactly are you mad about here Geds?

QUOTE (blonde77th @ May 8 2006, 11:16 AM)
Well said Rushgoober !!! I am cool with you  biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

So is everyone here that I know of, that is why I am so confused on this. All I saw was a mascot poll where Lenerd was wanted to win and he didn't win (big deal!) now everyone seems back to "war" or something on something I thought was settled a while back.

I mean here we have new posts from Necro with things like "It's not up to some folks "standards" of what fun is, so luckily a whole seperate playroom was created " which is something else I thought was settled (and per our conversations I thought you were in agreement and understanding about this Necro, so I am surprised to see you bring up old shit like this again - I guess I was wrong in believing you a few months ago when you told me that in the end you freaked out prematurely, that the subforum was a good idea, etc...)...

We have Geds saying thigns like "But if you insist on apologizing for who you are, in the wake of people who never apologize for ANYTHING, and you insist on defending their right to cut your throat, then maybe you're right" - WTF? Who told Goob to apologize for anything? Where does this even come from here? What is being missed here?

I mean seriously, what's is the f***ing big deal? Am I missing a huge piece of this whole thing? If so please spit it out.

I asked my son to ask his teacher if we could borrow his R30 DVD for the weekend.

My son said "I can't ask my teacher if I can borrow his DVD .. that's just WEIRD!"

I told my son, "it's okay. Rush fans are cool like that"

trink39.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 8 2006, 11:25 AM)
I mean seriously, what's is the f***ing big deal? Am I missing a huge piece of this whole thing? If so please spit it out.

I can tell you right now what happened.

Lenerd lost some stupid election and it's supporters couldn't handle it so they're throwing hissy fits, whining like little babies and taking something that shouldn't even be that big of a f***ing deal and acting like the appocalypse is happening.

People, seriously, GROW THE f**k UP. It's the INTERNET for christ's sake and yet you act like it's your entire life.

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 8 2006, 09:43 AM)
I mean seriously, what's is the f***ing big deal?  Am I missing a huge piece of this whole thing?  If so please spit it out.

Lenerd lost some stupid election and it's supporters couldn't handle it so they're throwing hissy fits, whining like little babies and taking something that shouldn't even be that big of a f***ing deal and acting like the appocalypse is happening.

People, seriously, GROW THE f**k UP. It's the INTERNET for christ's sake and yet you act like it's your entire life.

He didn't lose! he got smoked!

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 8 2006, 09:43 AM)
I mean seriously, what's is the f***ing big deal?  Am I missing a huge piece of this whole thing?  If so please spit it out.

trink38.gif I concur

Archived