Dark Side

DonnaWanna

Waters Bringing 'Dark Side' To North America

As expected, Pink Floyd principal Roger Waters will tour North America this fall and will be performing the band's classic 1973 album "Dark Side of the Moon" in its entirety. Beforehand, Waters will spend the summer touring Europe, beginning June 2 at the Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon.

The North American tour, Waters' first since 2002, will get underway Sept. 6 in Holmdel, N.J., and hit arenas and outdoor amphitheatres. The band will include longtime sidemen Andy Fairweather Low and Snowy White on guitar, drummer Graham Broad and Waters' son Harry on Hammond organ.

Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason will make a guest appearance at Waters' July 14 show in Nevers, France, but at deadline is not confirmed to join the band at any additional shows.

Sans Waters, Pink Floyd performed "Dark Side of the Moon" in full for the first time during its 1994 tour in support of "The Division Bell." With Waters back in the fold, the band performed the "Dark Side" tracks "Breathe" and "Money" as part of its four-song set at Live 8 last summer.

Here are Roger Waters' North American tour dates:

Sept. 6: Holmdel, N.J. (PNC Bank Arts Center)

Sept. 8: Mansfield, Mass. (Tweeter Center)

Sept. 12-13: New York (Madison Square Garden)

Sept. 15: Wantagh, N.Y. (Jones Beach)

Sept. 16: Camden, N.J. (Tweeter Center)

Sept. 18: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)

Sept. 20: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)

Sept. 21: Montreal (Bell Centre)

Sept. 24: Burgettstown, Pa. (Post Gazette Pavilion)

Sept. 27: Cleveland (Gund Arena)

Sept. 29: Chicago (First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre)

Sept. 30: Noblesville, Ind. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre)

Oct. 3: Phoenix (Cricket Pavilion)

Oct. 5: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)

Oct. 8: Las Vegas (Theatre Under the Stars)

Oct. 10: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheatre)

Oct. 12: Seattle (Key Arena)

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1002384201

I've known about this for a few days now. I'm so happy! I hope I can get tickets for the 9/6 show. The PNC Bank ArtsCenter is a great place for concerts and it happens to be the closest venue to me!! 9/6 is also my birthday yes.gif I MUST get tickets! No no, I MUST GET TICKETS FOR THE 1ST SHOW OF THE TOUR!!

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 28 2006, 01:23 PM)

As expected, Pink Floyd principal Roger Waters will tour North America this fall and will be performing the band's classic 1973 album "Dark Side of the Moon" in its entirety. Beforehand, Waters will spend the summer touring Europe, beginning June 2 at the Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon.

The North American tour, Waters' first since 2002, will get underway Sept. 6 in Holmdel, N.J., and hit arenas and outdoor amphitheatres. The band will include longtime sidemen Andy Fairweather Low and Snowy White on guitar, drummer Graham Broad and Waters' son Harry on Hammond organ.

Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason will make a guest appearance at Waters' July 14 show in Nevers, France, but at deadline is not confirmed to join the band at any additional shows.

Sans Waters, Pink Floyd performed "Dark Side of the Moon" in full for the first time during its 1994 tour in support of "The Division Bell." With Waters back in the fold, the band performed the "Dark Side" tracks "Breathe" and "Money" as part of its four-song set at Live 8 last summer.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Apr 28 2006, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 28 2006, 01:23 PM)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah, I was thinking I would like to go to that show also. Probably the closest I'll get to seeing a Floyd show ever.

Archived