Post 3 useless facts

Geds

Ok, I'm new here so I thought I'd start a thread that would just be fun to goof off in.

Here all you have to do....

Think up 3 useless facts, and post them. You can come back as many times as you like, as some of us probably have thousands of useless facts...we just haven't had to organize them before.

If you see a fact that you believe is actually USEFUL, or not entirely fact, challenge it. It makes for some interesting dialogue.

Here's mine:

1. I started this thread solely to get attention.

2. I get excited when I hear Rush on the radio, even though I own every commercial CD they ever put out, along with all the cassettes.

3. I will be back with more useless facts.

BTW, for those who didn't see my Gradiose entrance to the board...I'm Ken. (oops...that's actually 4 useless facts...) confused13.gif

Your turn!

Edited by Cygnus x-1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three useless facts:

1) Bumble Bees should not be able to fly but they can

2) A British University, after years of study, concluded that the best biscuits for dunking in tea are choclate digestives

3) An anagram of Newark is wanker

1) The T-Rex is mostly closely related to the chicken

2) My hair is brown (what little is left)

3) My Lexmark printer cartridge is out of toner

1) The only British No 1 single to NOT feature the title in the lyrics but to feature the title of the song that replaced it at No 1 is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (it was replaced by Mama-Mia by Abba)

2) The first album to be recorded on four track was Sgt Pepper by the Beatles

3) The first record to use a flanging effect was Itchycoo Park by the Small Faces

1) I farted and scared my cat!

2) Sunlight falling on 6 sq. miles of solar panels can power a major city for a day!

3) Perfume was made by the french, who don't bathe!

tongue.gif tongue.gif

1) I am in my small studio right now, trying to work on getting a vocal effect just right....

2) I am supposed to be at work, but I felt like crap and it's tto far to drive now that i feel better.

3) I wonder if I should go over to the gadget thread and mention some of the MIDI equipment I currently use....

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 30 2005, 02:10 PM)

3. I am lazy today, and I have the sniffles.

1. I think Alex Is the most undercredited guitarist in the world.

2. I'm amazed my first thread on TRF has made two pages...

3. I'd like to borrow the #3 above and claim it as well.

1) In Anne McCaffrey's Dragonrider books, PERN is an acronym of 'Parallel Earth Resources Negligable'

2) Fish left Scotland to join Marillion on December 8, 1980 - the day John Lennon was shot.

3) In the Sherlock Holmes stories, Dr Watson was invalided out of the army due to being wounded in the shoulder by a Jezail bullet

QUOTE (Cygnus x-1 @ Aug 30 2005, 11:01 AM)
3) I wonder if I should go over to the gadget thread and mention some of the MIDI equipment I currently use....

1) You should go to the Musicians thread and post your midi set-up.

2) I play acoustic drums but sequence songs for a 50's Doo Wop Group that uses almost all midi in their act.

3) I have a dead thread in The Musicians Forum that could use some input.

Edited by Drumnut

1) Moonraker spelled protein wrong on page 1, even though he's a sciency-type guy.

2) To my knowledge, I didn't go to school with anybody who became famous.

3) The Iditarod dog sled race - from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska - commemorates an emergency operation in 1925 to get medical supplies to Nome following a diphtheria epidemic.

Edited by Bastille Night

1. In 1972, a group of scientists reported that you could cure the common cold by freezing the big toe.

2. Orchids are grown from seed so small that it would take thirty thousand to weigh as much as one grain of wheat.

3. An apple, onion, and potato all have the same taste. The differences in flavor are caused by their smell. To prove this - pinch your nose and take a bite from each. They will all taste sweet.

1- A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime

2-The first female guest host of "Saturday Night Live" was Candace Bergen

3-Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people do

1. This is a very weird thread but also alot of fun.

2. My dog is really freakin fat.

3. The Lockheed Martin AGM-158 Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) weighs1,000 kg (2,300 lb), has a range of more than 300 km (200 mi), and can be carried on fighter or bomber airplanes.