Rush and Pyro!

yyzyy

Is it me, or do you feel that Rush should incorporate more pyro into their shows (ie. fireworks, explosions). As an example like in 'Red Sector A'. "shouting guards and smoking guns"...wouldn't it be nice to have that explosion, like in GUP, to get the crowd going? One Little Victory=Excellent. But personally, would like to see more pyro used in rush shows.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Row A during the VT tour when they started the second set off with it definatly was a huge blast of heat. I agree though, I would like more pyro. I am not sure at all how much it costs to operate those things night after night, but why not at least 1 more song, even if its only done once.

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Oct 29 2004, 11:59 PM)
It's pretty hot for the guys... I was in row Q and I got blasted, so I can only imagine how Alex, Geddy and Neil felt...

Looks cool, though!

I was up in the gods at Wembley and I got roasted.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 30 2004, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (slacker @ Oct 30 2004, 01:30 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 29 2004, 08:03 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/RushRevisited/RIRFire.jpg

Thats gotta be at the end of overture!

They only played pyro during One Little Victory

yes.gif Beginning of OLV

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 29 2004, 07:03 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/RushRevisited/RIRFire.jpg

Told ya Neil was hot.

firedevil.gif

I'm all for more pyro!! I shoot major firework displays all over the Southwest and I use some small pyro with my band on occasion too.

Here are a few pics from last 4th. One of a few malfunctions....pretty cool huh!!!!

http://www.mikekreidel.com/Still4.jpg

http://www.mikekreidel.com/mortars.jpg

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 4 2004, 03:47 PM)
I'm all for more pyro!! I shoot major firework displays all over the Southwest and I use some small pyro with my band on occasion too.
Here are a few pics from last 4th. One of a few malfunctions....pretty cool huh!!!!
http://www.mikekreidel.com/Still4.jpg
http://www.mikekreidel.com/mortars.jpg

Those are sweet pics dude. I like the Huge fire show that they used in Rush In Rio. Too bad it was only for one little victory fists crying.gif It was so kick ass though! firedevil.gif firedevil.gif firedevil.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (ChefEllwood @ Nov 1 2004, 01:27 PM)
I think the "one-off" shot of pyro during OLV is tasteful, and plenty. I'd hate to see RUSH start overdoing it with the fire.

I agree. Besides, I'd bet that initial blast of flame reaches a thousand degrees in temp or more. Sustained heat around 800 degrees. Just a guess. Right or wrong, I don't think Neil would want any more pyro.

Just incase anyone is interested in what it looks like on the firing line of a major fireworks display, watch this video!!!! From last 4th of July at Lake Powell, Az. That's me shooting and these are just 'out takes' of some of the more interesting moments. Very cool stuff here!!

Fireworks Video-3Mb

And the entire show on video. This is a huge file.

Whole Show-23Mb

And a funny video of a dog with a roman candle in it's mouth. Funny as hell.

Roman Candle Dog

Enjoy.........'No humans were injured during the filming of this event' ohmy.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 4 2004, 07:55 PM)
Just incase anyone is interested in what it looks like on the firing line of a major fireworks display, watch this video!!!! From last 4th of July at Lake Powell, Az. That's me shooting and these are just 'out takes' of some of the more interesting moments. Very cool stuff here!!
Fireworks Video-3Mb

Whole Show-23Mb

Roman Candle Dog

Enjoy.........'No humans were injured during the filming of this event' ohmy.gif

Very cool!

So how much does it cost to put on a show like that?

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 4 2004, 08:01 PM)
Fireworks Video-3Mb

Whole Show-23Mb

Roman Candle Dog

Very cool!

Our show here at the lake is only around $10,000 with 1000 shells. But I have shot shows in St.Louis on the river that cost $400,000+ with 40,000 shells. Those shows aren't hand fired though. I like to shot the shells myself, it's more personal....and dangerous!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 4 2004, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 4 2004, 08:01 PM)
Fireworks Video-3Mb

Whole Show-23Mb

Roman Candle Dog

Very cool!

Our show here at the lake is only around $10,000 with 1000 shells. But I have shot shows in St.Louis on the river that cost $400,000+ with 40,000 shells. Those shows aren't hand fired though. I like to shot the shells myself, it's more personal....and dangerous!

You ever heard of Cincinnati's Labor Day fireworks display? Used to be the Toyota/WEBN show, not sure what its called now (I don't go since they stopped allowing alcohol on the river front for it)

Yeah, back in the day they had huge shows there. Today, the biggest show in the US is over Kentucky Derby weekend in Louisville. They shoot over 50,000 shells in 30 minutes..............WOOOOOOOOOOOah! Thats huge, big time huge.

Archived