Eleven worst songs of 2004

I don't know if this has been posted before. My search was unsuccessful, so I apologize up front if it has...

This is a satirical review of U2's "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" entitled "The eleven worst songs of 2004." Let's face it. Bono's so full of himself these days, seeing how U2's made 'trillions' on their "music" and mass merchandising, that he somehow thinks he's an important political figure? z7shysterical.gif Frank Zappa said it best: "shut up and play your guitar"(or in Bono's case, pretend like you're playing and leave the guitar unplugged like no one will know) . I thought it was hilarious since I get pooped on every time I mention Dream Theater on this forum.

Here ya go, U2 fans! Read it and weep:

Review of U2's latest album

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Apr 10 2006, 03:04 PM)
lol I saw this along time ago..maddox is friggin awesome

I agree Maddox is incredible. I'm sure he pisses off a lot of peeps, tho. I also like the one about "how to become an obnoxious webcam whore in five easy steps."

I do have to confess that "Vertigo" is my fav U2 song, even though I haven't liked anything they've done since Achtung Baby besides that -lol. blush4.gif

What a friggin' jackass. That article pretty well got me steamed. I'd like to kick that guy's ass.

U2 is nothing spectacular, they're hit or miss to me; but, like many others, this guy simply lacks ANY respect. I wish people like him would get hit by several busses. I hate people who've got nothing more to do than trash things they don't have the intellegence and experience to understand.

I decided to actually read the article in the link, and man is it funny. I could have done with the assanine "war kicks ass" comment, but still...

Don't get me wrong, if I was a U2 fan I'd be pissed, and if he trashed an album or group I loved as severely and completely as he did this one, I wouldn't be a happy camper, but I don't really care about U2 - it's not that I don't care for them, they're fine if you like them and I resepct them more than most modern groups, I just don't care about most modern music at all (just my opinion, please don't decimate me).

Has this guy written other similarly merciless commentary? unsure.gif

QUOTE (the_masked_drummer @ Apr 10 2006, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Apr 10 2006, 03:04 PM)
lol I saw this along time ago..maddox is friggin awesome

I agree Maddox is incredible. I'm sure he pisses off a lot of peeps, tho. I also like the one about "how to become an obnoxious webcam whore in five easy steps."

I do have to confess that "Vertigo" is my fav U2 song, even though I haven't liked anything they've done since Achtung Baby besides that -lol. blush4.gif

Vertigo is a ripoff of the Supremes' Keep Me Hanging On.

This Maddox guy is trying way too hard to be like Dr. David Thorpe. You'll have to do a search, I'm not going to link to his website due to some questionable content.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 10 2006, 05:21 PM)
It seems weird to single out a U2 album as "worst" when there are so many other bands bands (like The Black Eyed Peas) putting out music with absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever.

I really wouldnt call BEP a band beacuse they all just rap pretty much.

Hi everybody, first post....i'll leave all the introductory stuff 'til i can find the right thread,

I saw U2 live last year in London and the Atomic Bomb material was fantastic, some great live songs on that album.

I don't think maddox is particularly funny,i know it's part of his persona to be arrogant and obnoxious but he tries far too hard to be funny when he isn't in my opinion.

Yeah, Bono's ego is the size of a galaxy and he can't play guitar at all (i was close enough to see what his fingers were doing on the fretboard when they played 'one' (in Am) and his chords didn't match any i've ever played before. Unless his guitar was in an alternative tuning (well...y'never know...) . Not that anybody could hear it anyway! But the album on the whole is pretty good.

and U2 vs. dream theater?.....hmmm....i'll think about it. Neither are as great as RUSH anyway

I've always thought of U2's music as completely mediocre. Just for me personally, it does nothing for me confused13.gif But hell, I'm not up there doing what they're doing; I can't even imagine having that much success. One song I dug was Sunday Bloody Sunday, and that's about it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Apr 11 2006, 06:23 AM)
Better not let GG read that article. She'd probably reach through the computer screen, grab the guy's stones, and cut them off, then force him to listen to U2's entire catalog.

That would be hainess... She must be cruel.

Yeah, Maddox is a complete @sshole, but at least a creative, bright @sshole IMHI.

Can you deny the truth about my favorite, number 8?:

"8. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - U2 - Crumbs From Your Table

This song is about how America and its wealthiest people don't do enough to help solve world hunger. The title suggests that crumbs from our table could help starving people in Africa. Bono indicts America for being hypocritical with these lines:

Would you deny for others

What you demand for yourself?

Bono could not be reached for comment as he was stepping off his private jet and into his limousine."

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Apr 10 2006, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 10 2006, 05:21 PM)
It seems weird to single out a U2 album as "worst" when there are so many other bands bands (like The Black Eyed Peas) putting out music with absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever.

I really wouldnt call BEP a band beacuse they all just rap pretty much.

Band. Group. Artists. Rap. Whatever.

Archived