New Pearl Jam album

PuppetKing2112

This is the best thing they've done since the album they did with Neil Young, or maybe even since Vitalogy. One of the best of 2006 so far, up there with new Raconteurs and Morrissey. Really good stuff. Definitely buying it when it comes out.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 16 2006, 07:36 AM)
Saw them play 2 new songs on SNL last night...not bad at all 1022.gif

Yeah, they sounded great on SNL last night. Very tight, good sound. The host was pretty tight also... laugh.gif (or mabey not..... ohmy.gif )

QUOTE (furie @ Apr 24 2006, 09:23 PM)
i have high hopes for this album. the last one i got, binurial or something was absolute garbage.

Binaural (sp?)... I haven't heard that album, but the last album they released before this one, called Riot Act, wasn't bad. You might want to check that one out. Although word of mouth suggests that the new one is better.

If by some miracle I get some extra money, I'll consider checking this album out... Pearl Jam was one of the first bands I was ever really into, and I have all the old records. Fans should also check out the b-side compilation "Lost Dogs".

QUOTE (furie @ Apr 24 2006, 08:23 PM)
i have high hopes for this album. the last one i got, binurial or something was absolute garbage.

Pearl Jam got boring after their great debut effort Ten IMHO. Vs had some great songs. Vitalogy was worse, No Code was bland and I just gave up on them. Could be when PJ was at its peak, I was trapped in Dio, Sabbath, Maiden, Rainbow, Purple and so on.

Then I tried to like alternative music, believe you me I did, but it wasn't my cup of tea so I turned to classic prog(ELP, Yes)

No disrespect PJ fans. I respect them for what they have done but they got boring IMHO!

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ May 2 2006, 06:01 PM)

Pearl Jam got boring after their great debut effort Ten IMHO. Vs had some great songs. Vitalogy was worse, No Code was bland and I just gave up on them. Could be when PJ was at its peak, I was trapped in Dio, Sabbath, Maiden, Rainbow, Purple and so on.

Then I tried to like alternative music, believe you me I did, but it wasn't my cup of tea so I turned to classic prog(ELP, Yes)

No disrespect PJ fans. I respect them for what they have done but they got boring IMHO!

I sort of agree with you about them getting boring, but I thought it was a little later than you did. Ten was classic, but I liked Vs. and Vitalogy a lot, as well as Mirror Ball, the album they made with Neil Young. But yeah, after that, boring. A few decent songs, but nothing spectacular. However, I would advise you to check out their new album. It is easily as good as any of their early 90s albums.

Yea my dad bought a copy of bianural for me and himself...I thought it was just HORRIBLE! and my dad hated it so much after he got done listening to it he threw it out the car window..he was pretty pissed....yea I dunno what they were thinkin eh...but Im hearing good things bout the new album...I think I might be checkin this one out.

Archived